Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon iPhone Antenna Attenuation Issues

Default No
    Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    LOL yeah

It matters..........Flaws yes, cover them up no thats wrong,

Apple redesigned Iphone for CDMA they should of fixed this issue, I have seen the explanations of the Antenna, its a conduction issue with the case, other phones do not do it this bad so they know how, why not Apple?

When did Apple ever say they would fix the antenna problem when they made the iphone for Verizon? I don't remember that statement ever being said. Dont critisize them when you are assuming they are required to completely change the design of a phone just to switch it over to another carrier. If they had done this then both At&t users and verizon users would not be getting an iphone 5 this year because they wasted all of development time and money just to change the old iphone 4. So stop complaining, you are getting the same thing all of the AT&T users have had and you should be happy

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

"While it should be noted, that this is generally only a huge issue if you already have a poor signal to begin with. I've been in many situations, where if the signal is strong to start, it won't attenuate nearly as much."

The fact that it happens at all is unacceptable. It is a cellphone first and foremost and should be able to receive a signal no matter how I hold it in my hands. Justify it to yourselves all you want. This is a huge fail. Never before have I had this issue until the iPhone 4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

DRFP (02-09-2011)

This is stupid...why would u grip the phone like that?!?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

I have yet to see anyone with an iPhone 4 without a case on it. Also I have tried to replicate the issue with my iPhone 4 and have had no issue. Therefore I conclude this problem only effects a number of people too small for apple to give a f*ck about. Just buy a damn case for it (cuz with glass on the front and back I doubt you won't) and move on. Or better yet just wait for the i5 if you don't have the i4 by now I think it's too late.

I think this is just old and has been talked about enough.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think apple is just being lazy for the moment. I think they will make it up to us when they release the i5.
    But even then I'm disappointed

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

When are we going to move on? If u don't like it, buy a Razr and STFU! No body is making u buy an iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    When are we going to move on? If u don't like it, buy a Razr and STFU! No body is making u buy an iPhone.
    Probably when the i5 is released without the antenna issue.

I got a 16GB iPhone 4 at launch, I'm left handed and the thing dropped calls/data when I would hold it normally. I got a bumper for free which fixed the problem.

The bumper comes with its own problems too though.. That it removes the finish from the metal.

I just sold that iPhone and bought a 32GB one. I used it for about an hour without the bumper but couldn't as it was constantly dropping calls and 3G. I put my bumper on it 1 week ago. Now the metal is a mess already.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ya know what? I think this is far less about mobile phone design and more about the U.S Mobile Phone Networks.
    I've tested this "death grip" on iPhone 4's and 3GS' on all 4 major networks in Ireland and none experience any signal loss or dropped calls or anything associate with the "death grip". Also tried to "death grip" a Samsung Galaxy, HTC Desire and a few Nokias and saw no change in signal quality.

So it sounds to me that AT&T and Verizon are both just crappy networks.

^^ False.

All phones have this issue.. It is however mostly reliant on the network

I do not live in the mainland US and over here my carrier has a good amount of cell towers in an allocated space and I cannot reproduce this death grip. No matter how many times I try.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    ^^ False.

All phones have this issue.. It is however mostly reliant on the network

I do not live in the mainland US and over here my carrier has a good amount of cell towers in an allocated space and I cannot reproduce this death grip. No matter how many times I try.
    I wish it were that easy to explain this away. I have a i4, a 3GS, a 3G, and a Motorola phone less than 3 miles from a 3G tower. The only phone this gripping affects is the i4. Unfortunately I fell for the hype and tried to use this reasoning before buying my i4 in the fall, but still ended up with 2 antenna gate i4s.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234