+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Translate Turns iPhone into Real Life Universal Translator

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I picked this up yesterday. It's the best text translating app out there at the moment. All the others were ok, and some of them even mirrored off of GoogTrans,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

I picked this up yesterday. It's the best text translating app out there at the moment. All the others were ok, and some of them even mirrored off of GoogTrans, but having it in a Google-made app is convenient.

As for 3rd world countries, you take a risk anywhere taking out your phone. Even major cities in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone ash3s2012's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woowoodengy View Post
    this is awesome. the best thing since voice activator but i can see this being a problem taking out your shiny iPhone4 in a 3rd world country to use as a translation device. then getting robbed and told what to do through your own iPhone at gunpoint. i dont think i will use this on my travels to Guatemala lol. but great app nonetheless
    Algunas personas su ignorancia no les Deja mirar mas aya de su ego

iPhone? More like MyPhone ash3s2012's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpyder View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. I've spent a lot of time in Guatemala and it's people are friendly and for the most part honest. Most people in the third world are poor, not criminals. Crime rates in the 1st world countries are often higher. Don't be ignorant.
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All of googles apps are good and free. While the he'll don't the combine them into one app? The google app. For as smart as they are they sure don't know what to do with all their money and smarts.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Tried it out and it works great. Might never need it but it will help if I do
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpyder View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. I've spent a lot of time in Guatemala and it's people are friendly and for the most part honest. Most people in the third world are poor, not criminals. Crime rates in the 1st world countries are often higher. Don't be ignorant.
    thats very true that Guatemalan people are very nice but they have one of the highest crime rates in central america and more murders too. (not the most) i did post that i have a house there so i know guatemala like the back of my hand and i drive from the pacific to the Caribbean and for the majority it is safe if you practice safe practices (like anywhere) but pulling out something flashy in a restaurant may get you followed and robbed after you leave. there are many people praying on the week there but mainly they leave tourists alone and go for the local helpless people through extortion and kidnapping.

maybe i should not of said 3rd world but said the back streets of rio de janeiro where robbery is second to drug sales for income (yes i been there too).

Quote Originally Posted by ash3s2012 View Post
    Algunas personas su ignorancia no les Deja mirar mas aya de su ego
    thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ash3s2012 View Post
    +1
    i live in chicago and work on the westside (lawndale) and have no problem walking to the store with my iPhone in hand and gold chain and gold bracelet and diamond wedding band and yes i do have a chance of being robbed but in places like guatemala you dont see many people with flashy things for a reason. i always leave my jewelry at home before i go.
    Last edited by woowoodengy; 02-09-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have high hopes for the future of this app. In it's current state the voice translation is crap. I tried several german and french phrases. Many easy simple phrases and it failed to recognize most of them. Simple words like hi, hello worked.

I guess you get what you pay for and the app is free.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great app, when you have a data connection. Almost impossible to use when I'm traveling overseas. I can't unlock my iPhone for a 3rd party sim. ATT overseas data plan is way too expensive. This app has so much promise...

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12