+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Tries to Muscle Up Against Verizon iPhone Launch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Way to go sprint (sarcasm dripping). Outstanding concept coupled with the crappiest phone maker on the planet. You couldn't pay me to own a koycera phone. Hopefully samsung picks up
    Thanks

Way to go sprint (sarcasm dripping). Outstanding concept coupled with the crappiest phone maker on the planet. You couldn't pay me to own a koycera phone. Hopefully samsung picks up on this. Maybe then it would be interesting. Until a REAL phone maker runs with this concept..........next please.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

iPhone? More like MyPhone br8thw8's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is the first iPhone competitor that piqued my interest.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
    So I can make the *entire" menu system mimic iOS? So how is that solving the problem? The terrible menu system is still there. It's not an iPhone, so the way it handles and lays out the system options are different.

And that said, I want to make an OS operate just like the iPhone? Why don't I just stick with the iPhone and have a more responsive and useful OS

I've yet to be really impressed by the Android OS in any way. I guess I'm spoiled by the rock solid (even if limiting) iPhone OS.
    I was merely stating that you could make it look the same if that is what you were wanting to do. I am not sure what you mean by "it is still laid out the same way". What exactly do you mean here? What is so bad about it? iOS is essentially a grid/list. So is Android. Stock/vanilla Android actually looks very similar to iOS at first glance too. It is the difference "flavors" and "skins" that manufacturers put on it that make it look so different.

It's funny. During the superbowl I had a discussion with a big iOS fan. He was throwing the same BS around that most Apple fans do about Android being inferior in this way and that. It's the same erroneous information being circulated around and around by people that haven't sat down and truly used the OS (I am not saying pick it up at the local Verizon store and see what you think about it).

FWIW I use both devices, and people who throw the "less responsive, more solid" card out there clearly don't use a good Android device. The limiting factor is that a ton of handset makers throw out trash hardware and often laggy or buggy software. If you get the right device, it will stand toe to toe with iOS, guaranteed. Truth be told I have had more iOS apps crash on me (even stock iOS ones, not necessarily market) than I have Anroid, but you don't see me stating that iOS is "less responsive and reliable" than Android. That would be silly. Both have their quirks. This isn't a d*** measuring contest.

The only place I feel my EVO lacking (and this is true with Android currently) is the gaming department. iOS gaming is leaps and bounds ahead of Android. Time will tell if they can catch up. There are already a ton of games this month alone that were previously iOS exclusives. I will admit the device itself is also sexier (iPhone 4), but I am not the kind of person that needs the device for sex appeal or a status symbol. I am aware that there are plenty out there that want it for just that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    Way to go sprint (sarcasm dripping). Outstanding concept coupled with the crappiest phone maker on the planet. You couldn't pay me to own a koycera phone. Hopefully samsung picks up on this. Maybe then it would be interesting. Until a REAL phone maker runs with this concept..........next please.
    Please not Samsung. Picking up a Samsung device pretty much ensures that you will not see an update, maybe EVER.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 02-08-2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    Well, the retina display makes games, video and photos look amazing. But hands down, web browsing and texting is much more enjoyable on a larger screen - once you try it, the iPhone feels cramped.

Put it this way, if you could put iOS on an Evo, would you still rather have an iPhone? You'd gain a bigger screen, 4G, replaceable battery and SD card storage.
    The bigger screen would be awesome, but I've played with an Evo as well as other phones running Android and the touch screen is nothing like the iPhone. That alone is enough for me to stick with the iPhone. But I agree with you that it would be sweet to have that big screen that the Evo has.

Thanks

@szicklassy

I love my samsung captivate. Runs circles around my iPhone 4 in all areas EXCEPT apps and themes. Until the android app store picks up, it will not be a real challenger to the iPhone. But I digress. You are 100% correct about multiple manufacturers when it comes to android.

@Steve-z17

The captivate is the only android device that comes close to the iPhone touch display, and I've owned at least 4 android devices. Evo and Droid touch screens are terrible. Well, I didn't have the "Droid" I had the milestone, but you get the idea.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123