Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BiteSMS 5.1 : iOS 4.2.1 Compatible

Default BiteSMS 5.1 : iOS 4.2.1 Compatible

BiteSMS has been one of my favorite apps/tweaks that is available for a jailbroken iPhone. It's made texting more enjoyable and even adds a bit of flavor and customizing.

Over the last few months, the folks at BiteSMS have been busy testing beta versions of BiteSMS and many of us have partaken in the legwork. BiteSMS 5.1 was released January 31st to the public and is fully iOS 4.2.1 compatible. Great timing to go along with our untethered jailbreaks. So if you missed the update in all the buzz over the new Greenpois0n, go check it out now

BiteSMS is free, but to remove adds you can pay the $8.99.

Source: biteSMS - Change Log

Now fully iOS 4.2.1 compliant.
    Great new Privacy feature, allows you to easily hide any of your conversations for complete privacy and reveal them as required (or simply to blacklist them). See biteSMS, Settings, Hide Contact for details.
    Enhanced Quick List - We now show the full text message in the Quick List (unless it doesn't fit on the screen, in which case we show 3 lines per message).
    O Yeh….NICE! Quick Reply, change the size of the message text. See Settings, Quick Reply.
    You can now control the display order of messages in Quick List. See Settings, Quick List.
    Added an "All Timestamps" setting. You guessed it! If set, shows timestamps against every message.
    In biteSMS, Settings, Passcode Lock, added a new preference "Require Passcode" Immediately, After 1 minute, 3 minutes...etc.
    Improved the Quick Compose and Quick Reply typing speed and general performance.
    Any m4r files in the /Applications/biteSMS.app/sounds folder will now appear in the "biteSMS Ringtones" list. So you can use any of your own custom created ones!
    Added a FaceTime button in both Quick Compose and Quick Reply. This feature is ONLY for iOS 4.1 users and above.
    The LockInfo app "Favorites Text Message" feature now opens biteSMS.
    Added a swivel animation for the conversation contact pic when pressed.
    Added a "Reset All" option in biteSMS, Settings, About screen. Removes all preferences, license and credit information.
    Added a "Clear Failed Indicator" option in biteSMS, Settings, About screen.
    Added the ability to delete all credits for a number (right swipe) on Settings, Credits / License / Ads page (e.g. if selling phone).
    Added a warning in the Quick Reply settings page if the SBSettings toggle has been turned off (usually accidentally).
    Fixed all known issues.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

carlbgc (02-08-2011), ErnestoD (03-08-2011), oarce12 (02-08-2011), turkey26 (02-08-2011)

Is there any way to use this with Google Voice? I don't pay for text on my native number and only share my GV number.

Still no MMS support from QR?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jasvncnt10 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (02-08-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully the bugs were worked out, it kept crashing my iPhone on FW 4.1, had to uninstall! Gonna try it again and see what happens.
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    Still no MMS support from QR?
    I prefer iRealSMS 3.0

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zYxMa For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (02-08-2011)

Awesome i'll give this a try on my device running 4.2.1 out of the box!

I love bite. Been using it forever. Works great on 4.2.1. Still wish they would support mms tho

If you have a jailbroken iPhone and don't have biteSMS (full version or otherwise), you're certifiably insane. Such a quality product. They fix even the tiniest issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Is there any way to use this with Google Voice? I don't pay for text on my native number and only share my GV number.
    There is a tweak in Cydia called SMS GV Extension which completely integrates Google Voice into your phone as if it is native SMS.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

CZroe (02-25-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by zYxMa View Post
    I prefer iRealSMS 3.0
    That's what I have been using. Was just curious if they added the support in Bite yet. Was gonna just try it out.

$8.99? Yeah, I think I'd pay $2 tops.

I've been using this for more than a year. Had the 5 beta on my 4.01 i4 and it worked perfectly. Just updated/green'd and now it works perfectly on 4.2.1 on my i4. Just a great app, and worth the $
    Senior

Quote Originally Posted by zYxMa View Post
    I prefer iRealSMS 3.0
    A pertinent post in a biteSMS thread.

Excellent! This is one app I can't live w/out!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm haven't ever used it, looks pretty cool though.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The fact that there are two amazing alternative SMS apps keeps competition alive... keeps the devs improving on their product..it's a win for everyone. As for the cost bite has a free ad supported option I thought. I for one send/receive 5000+ messages a month on average so if there is any app I would gladly pay a lot for it's Bite or iReal.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (02-08-2011)

Default Still Missing Key Feature?
    Is this still not functioning properly for group messaging?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wait BiteSMS doesn't do MMS? I'm confused because I've been using it and been sending pictures...

Thanks

I've been using BiteSMS for a long time now.. Free version. Always wanted to pay to upgrade but whenever I use QuickReply and turn it in landscape it seems like it is real slow, or doesn't recognize the keys that I press. It takes me like 4 tries to use the space bar. That is the only thing holding me back.. Unless in the full version it doesn't do that.

Is anyone else having this problem... Free or Paid version?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It does not support MMS on the "Quick Reply" box.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lazybearkhoa View Post
    Wait BiteSMS doesn't do MMS? I'm confused because I've been using it and been sending pictures...
    I think they mean MMS in the QuickReply, not when opening up the app

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast