+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BiteSMS 5.1 : iOS 4.2.1 Compatible

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by AKCHRIS When you select a ring tone it overrides the system sound so that's why your only getting that one tone. BUT...you should be able too switch
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    When you select a ring tone it overrides the system sound so that's why your only getting that one tone. BUT...you should be able too switch teh different tones under the ring tone settings in BITE SMS4.2.1.
    Yeah thanks! I saw that and doing it that way!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    If you have a jailbroken iPhone and don't have biteSMS (full version or otherwise), you're certifiably insane. Such a quality product. They fix even the tiniest issues.

There is a tweak in Cydia called SMS GV Extension which completely integrates Google Voice into your phone as if it is native SMS.
    Why, thank you very much. MMi sure misses a lot! This deserved to be on the main page in one way or another but it didn't even make it into one of the lists of new Cydia apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone having issues with the send button not showing up with the latest version 5.2? My send button does not show up when composing an SMS in the actual application. The send button also does not show up in the quick reply displayed on the screen. I have reinstalled it and still have the same issue. I did not have any issues until the latest updates to cydia 1.1.

Thanks

Go into your settings and make sure that your default is mobile carrier for sent text.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dscottjr81 For This Useful Post:

The Guz (03-30-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dscottjr81 View Post
    Go into your settings and make sure that your default is mobile carrier for sent text.
    Thanks. For some reason the settings were thrown off in the last update for me.

Thanks

I just updated to the new Bite. It is a must if you text a lot and are to lazy to unlock your phone and go into messages and so on.

Has anyone else sent a person a wrong message due to Apples default text app? Such as two people text you and you want to reply to the last person that texted you. When you unlock your phone, and your in a hurry. The first person that texted you shows up and I tend to just not look. Sent a few messages to the very very wrong people. Moral of the story. Install Bite....

With the new Bite update, by default it seemed to go off a different carrier? Not AT&T. Anyone have this? I switched it now but. Whats with the pink send button? Gunna have to change that myself.
    --Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage--

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks. For some reason the settings were thrown off in the last update for me.
    No problem

Quote Originally Posted by eightydee View Post
    I just updated to the new Bite. It is a must if you text a lot and are to lazy to unlock your phone and go into messages and so on.

Has anyone else sent a person a wrong message due to Apples default text app? Such as two people text you and you want to reply to the last person that texted you. When you unlock your phone, and your in a hurry. The first person that texted you shows up and I tend to just not look. Sent a few messages to the very very wrong people. Moral of the story. Install Bite....

With the new Bite update, by default it seemed to go off a different carrier? Not AT&T. Anyone have this? I switched it now but. Whats with the pink send button? Gunna have to change that myself.
    Havent sent an accidental text yet. Yes as me and the other guy had this happen, not sure why it changes your carrier. The pink is for bite sms text and blue is for mobile carrier. It would be nice if the new addition of text freek service allowed you text anyone without them having to have text freek.
    Last edited by dscottjr81; 03-30-2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    If you have a jailbroken iPhone and don't have biteSMS (full version or otherwise), you're certifiably insane. Such a quality product. They fix even the tiniest issues.

There is a tweak in Cydia called SMS GV Extension which completely integrates Google Voice into your phone as if it is native SMS.
    Well, I've been using BiteSMS it since you told me about SMS GV Ext ans the first thing I noticed is that it causes things to pop up in horizontal orientation that normally wouldn't (like the WiFi networks prompt/list) and totally screws them up (can't push buttons because they are off the screen even when returning to normal orientation). It's been long enough and they haven't fixed it. It happens and annoys me multiple times a day, so I may not use it for much longer.

Thanks

Mine works perfectly, and has for at least the past two updates. Nothing like what you are describing. I also installed Principium Beta 1, and it improved the "look" of it.

The only issue I have is with the ringtone function of Bite not playing nicely with ToneFXs. Since they both upgraded (well, I think the issue is with Tone), I can't use the individual text alerts for each contact, just a general alert in Tone.
    Senior

iPhone? More like MyPhone Petrit H's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys, I have a question and I didnt want to create a own thread just for this question

Is there any way to disable sent sms on bitesms?

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345