+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BiteSMS 5.1 : iOS 4.2.1 Compatible

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by zYxMa I prefer iRealSMS 3.0 same here, ive been using irealsms since it first came out, i dont think there was anything wrong with itesms when i
    My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zYxMa View Post
    I prefer iRealSMS 3.0
    same here, ive been using irealsms since it first came out, i dont think there was anything wrong with itesms when i tried it, i just think i got so use to using ireal that i just stuck with it
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

I just use full app for mms- qr for instant response. No bugs in this version (they were working them through for a while, seem to be resolved now). Solid app. I just found that I can assign ringtones to each of my contacts, instead of just having a generic "I've got a text" through Tonefx/S. Now, each texter says, "I've got a text from (name)." Worth the price right there, as I jailbroke originally just to have custom rings for alerts and alarms (buy Tonefx/S if you want customs rings/alerts most everywhere). Make your own and import them. Easy as pie. Easier. (I even make custom alerts and stick them in apps, so, say, todo announces what I need to do -water trees, take out the weekly garbage cans, etc.)

Oh, and if you buy the apps, they keep improving the apps. Money drives innovation.
    Senior

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    If you have a jailbroken iPhone and don't have biteSMS (full version or otherwise), you're certifiably insane. Such a quality product. They fix even the tiniest issues.

There is a tweak in Cydia called SMS GV Extension which completely integrates Google Voice into your phone as if it is native SMS.
    I would say if you were using the stock Iphone app - then yes you are insane - I've been using iRealsms since my 1st gen iphone and live by it

but bitesms has always looked really good - no mms support though? what's up with that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just downloaded the app... so far so good.. i love the quick reply feature

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Bite is my primary reason for jailbreaking. Love it.

Thanks

So, to stop the endless roundy-round- those that use mms and want to use it from the lockscreen, no biteSMS. As to group, I can't answer that question. If someone would, then we could stop THAT roundy-round. But if all you want is a better sms app than the stock one, and you want to be able to reply and call and find contacts and add signatures and add custom sms ringtones, then biteSMS would be a good app for you to buy.
    Senior

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

biteSMS rocks, plain and simple. So happy I have this back on my iPhone4 now.

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

This and Pkgbackup are my 2 favorite apps on cydia.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

bitesms is the best. I hate the stock app where you cant do anything without leaving your current app to reply, bitesms is the best one, I hid my stock app with sbs, and use bite lol. Quick reply and quick comp ftw, I could care less of mms support in quick reply cuz compared to bite nothing beats it,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    So, to stop the endless roundy-round- those that use mms and want to use it from the lockscreen, no biteSMS. As to group, I can't answer that question. If someone would, then we could stop THAT roundy-round. But if all you want is a better sms app than the stock one, and you want to be able to reply and call and find contacts and add signatures and add custom sms ringtones, then biteSMS would be a good app for you to buy.
    I agree with you that I'd like the roundy-round to stop but I disagree with some other posts about the usefulness of bite. OS 4.2.1 brought customized contact ringtones and text-tones and a combination of tweaks currently found in Cydia such as ChatPic, QuickReply, QuickCompose, and iEmoji(actually from the App Store) provides all the major features of Bite in the native app free of charge. Couple that with Bite's inability to handle MMS or group texts (which are really nothing more than MMS anyway) outside of launching the full app and I'd say the folks at bite are charging you guys for the "convenience” of having all these things in 1 app. I also have not once needed support for any of the add-ons mentioned above.

But to each his own. The app does look cool and if you guys are happy with it then that's all that matters right.

btw, iPhones are GREAT !!!!!!

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    bitesms is the best. I hate the stock app where you cant do anything without leaving your current app to reply, bitesms is the best one, I hid my stock app with sbs, and use bite lol. Quick reply and quick comp ftw, I could care less of mms support in quick reply cuz compared to bite nothing beats it,
    AGREED!!! I've been using Bite for around a year. If I had to do without it, Id go crazy! Quick compose on the lockscreen with the volume buttons is so fast! One thing that it took me forever to figure out is.... If you touch the top of the bite message box (or the persons name of whom you're messaging), it will give you a drop-down so that you can see what was previously discussed. And then tap that conversation to make it go away.

I can't say enough about how much I really dig this app!!!

Thanks

Default biteSMS
    Rocks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just got it - love it couldn't do without it now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Cheapskates? How bout ppl that just can't afford to buy the app or that choose not to...why do they have to be cheapskates?...
    dude, if u can afford an iphone and the plan i'm pretty sure you can afford 9 dollars. thats like 18 jack in the box tacos.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to feng303 For This Useful Post:

Bunion (02-08-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

love bitesms, using it on 4.2.1 but my message counter wont go away and it has '!'. Any ideas why? trying a reinstall now

reinstalled to make sure i was runing 5.1 and found the Remove failed '!' indicator under settings -> about
    all is good now
    Last edited by c1ockwerk; 02-08-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Bitesms alone makes it worth jailbreaking. I would have paid $20 for this app since I have the option of disabling that annoying popup when you receive a text and you had to stop what you were doing to acknowledge it. Now all I see is the nice small icon notification in the status bar. Tap it and voilà. Love Bitesms.

Thanks

BTW, you can theme this sucker. PrincipiumHD.theme here: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...cipium-hd.html and you can DL Legacy Link # 1 and toss the Bundles folder, hang it in Winterboard and you've got a themed biteSMS app. The rest of it is a theme, not just a biteSMS theme. Which, of course you can use if you want. The guy does nice work.
    Senior

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

add me to the "paid for full license and very happy with bitesms" list. bitesms blows the built-in sms app out of the water!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    Have you used biteSMS? $8.99 is cheap for a quality product you use hundreds of times a day.

Intelliborn get away with charging $20 for their bug filled piece of **** apps.

Besides, as it says above the ad supported version is free.
    I can think of at least two dozen apps I've bought for $1 or $2 that are just as useful - if not more so - than this one.

My Intelliborn (MiWi) purchase paid for itself in the first month and is as solid as a rock on my phone, so the $20 cost is justified. BiteSMS does not give me that kind of value; it doesn't add any real new functionality, just convenience.

Free but with ads? No thanks: I don't want ads with my text messages. Lower the price significantly and they might convert me (and many others) to paying customers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just curious I installed the beta for 4.2.1 from their repo it works great is there a difference now because when I hit modify in cydia to reinstall it gives me an error. Http/1.1 403 forbidden.