Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BiteSMS 5.1 : iOS 4.2.1 Compatible

Personally, Bite is worth the $9. The developer responds immediately to issues, updates are always robust & added often or when necessary. Seems like they are always working on improving an already great app. In fact, Bite is probably one of my 3 top reasons I even JB. Give the free version a try & if you like it, throw the dev some couch money & buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by lazybearkhoa View Post
    Wait BiteSMS doesn't do MMS? I'm confused because I've been using it and been sending pictures...
    Yes it supports mms within the bitesms messaging app itself bet there is no mms support for mms within quick reply or quick compose and iRealSMS does. I personally have used both but I feel like bite has more features and options and once the iPhone 4 came out... ireal took forever to support the retina display so that why I stuck with bite. They were on it!! Plus the devs at iRealSMS have a few other apps they spend a great deal of time on

BiteSMS is one of the primary reasons I jailbreak. I've been a proud paying customer for some time. If you like to text this is, bar-none, the best replacement SMS app out there. Highly recommended.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nulabs71 For This Useful Post:

billchase2 (02-08-2011), carlbgc (02-08-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks12 View Post
    I've been using BiteSMS for a long time now.. Free version. Always wanted to pay to upgrade but whenever I use QuickReply and turn it in landscape it seems like it is real slow, or doesn't recognize the keys that I press. It takes me like 4 tries to use the space bar. That is the only thing holding me back.. Unless in the full version it doesn't do that.

Is anyone else having this problem... Free or Paid version?
    You may try deleting and reinstalling or there may be a conflict with another app. They may even have that issue resolved in they're latest beta. Check out there forum for the beta repo and their latest beta. Google bitesms
    Definitly worth buying if you text a lot like myself. I love bite

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iSteed For This Useful Post:

Shanks12 (02-08-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The fact that there are two amazing alternative SMS apps keeps competition alive... keeps the devs improving on their product..it's a win for everyone. As for the cost bite has a free ad supported option I thought. I for one send/receive 5000+ messages a month on average so if there is any app I would gladly pay a lot for it's Bite or iReal.
    I could not agree more and yes, biteSMS has an ad supported option for the cheapskates.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MikePA For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (02-08-2011)

Yet another fantastic update. This app is one of the main reasons I jailbreak these days. I simply refuse to go without Quick Reply and Quick Compose. Apple should really look into this product and adapt some of the features into the next version of iOS.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    You may try deleting and reinstalling or there may be a conflict with another app. They may even have that issue resolved in they're latest beta. Check out there forum for the beta repo and their latest beta. Google bitesms
    Definitly worth buying if you text a lot like myself. I love bite
    Thanks man.. I'll check that out. That really has been my only thing holding me back. I do text a lot so thats why I wouldnt' mind paying. I used to use QuickReply before they stopped updating for 4.0

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
    I could not agree more and yes, biteSMS has an ad supported option for the cheapskates.
    Cheapskates? How bout ppl that just can't afford to buy the app or that choose not to...why do they have to be cheapskates?...

Default 9 bucks?!
    I bought the app when there was no free option. You either bought a year or the full license for $12. I don't like to spend $1 on apps, but I am still happy about my BiteSMS purchase.

Lack of MMS functionality is my only complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenderbender View Post
    $8.99? Yeah, I think I'd pay $2 tops.
    Have you used biteSMS? $8.99 is cheap for a quality product you use hundreds of times a day.

Intelliborn get away with charging $20 for their bug filled piece of **** apps.

Besides, as it says above the ad supported version is free.

Id like to try it. But the no MMS on QR is a killer for me.

Sorry, hope I'm not being redundant with my question but are you saying that Bite DOES support group chat/texts and MMS when you open the full app up but just not through quick reply or quick compose?

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to start a petition for MMS, I love Bite but No MMS = No Bueno

^^ @goodred2 Yes it supports it when you actually open the app, but does not support it when you want to send a message or reply to one from lets say lock screen. So it does not support it in QR or QC. You would need to actually opnn Bite to send MMS

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jasvncnt10 For This Useful Post:

goodred2 (02-08-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Best SMS app! I can't live without my signatures and the ability to schedule SMS at a later time.

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    I'm going to start a petition for MMS, I love Bite but No MMS = No Bueno
    I agree, wonder why they haven't added it yet. Bite has been out awhile now.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    I agree, wonder why they haven't added it yet. Bite has been out awhile now.
    Maybe they can't figure out a way to do it without copying iReal code.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (02-08-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm jealous that y'all have it on 4.2.1. Cydia is killing me SMH...

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    ^^ @goodred2 Yes it supports it when you actually open the app, but does not support it when you want to send a message or reply to one from lets say lock screen. So it does not support it in QR or QC. You would need to actually opnn Bite to send MMS
    Then that's kind of pointless right? If I have to open the app to use the feature I use most often (group text for good ol' fantasy sports trash talk), then what's the difference than having to open the native app?

I'm not positive about the group text from QR or QC. Maybe someone else that uses it can answer better. But i know for sure you can not send an MMS from QR or QC. For that you would need to open the app. Can anyone answer his other question on the group send?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast