Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More than $10 Million in Counterfeit Apple iPods Recovered

Default More than $10 Million in Counterfeit Apple iPods Recovered

The LA Times is reporting that more than $10 million in counterfeit and stolen goods were recovered by Los Angeles Port Police. Among the items were iPod, iPhones and other various electronics.

The items were found in a sophisticated downtown warehouse in Los Angeles and it seems the primary focus was Apple products, and pushing them onto the market. Many of these knock-offs were iPod Nano look-a-likes, a product that Apple still sells well.

"This was a well-funded operation, and the counterfeits looked very authentic,"
    The items seem to have come from Asia, and had a value of more than $1.4 million. Also found by police were stolen electronics, toys and blankets worth about $2.5 million and bank receipts that show the group made more than $7 million in profits.

Source: Fake iPods: Counterfeit iPods and iPhones are seized from downtown warehouses - latimes.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

turkey26 (02-08-2011)

This iBlack Market has been going on for a long time. This group has obviously been doing this for a number of years. About time one of the groups got caught.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Dang, would of spent my
    Money on a few of those
    Nothing in life is easy.

On the right, those look like the PSP-shaped LCD games that aren't even remotely the same thing as a counterfeit PSP. I'm pretty sure the iPods were the same way... just iPod-shaped/colored MP3 players with a completely different interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz187s View Post
    Dang, would of spent my
    Money on a few of those
    You "would HAVE" spent your money.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

quidam_brujah (02-08-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    On the right, those look like the PSP-shaped LCD games that aren't even remotely the same thing as a counterfeit PSP. I'm pretty sure the iPods were the same way... just iPod-shaped/colored MP3 players with a completely different interface.

You "would HAVE" spent your money.
    GTFOH! It's 6 am and you're already giving English lessons?

Wanna be ubercorrected? Your ellipses punctuation is wrong!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JLick For This Useful Post:

Eagleye (02-08-2011), M3mph1s (02-09-2011), Reket (02-08-2011), Snozberries (02-09-2011)

Maybe this is why it seems there's so much iPod and iPhone production but apple still runs out
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Quote Originally Posted by JLick View Post
    GTFOH! It's 6 am and you're already giving English lessons?

Wanna be ubercorrected? Your ellipses punctuation is wrong!
    lmao grammar police. I feel you man. I havent even had my coffee yet.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

crazy and yeah its goign on everywhere.. im kinda sitting and laughing becasue they are all happy theyy caught 1.6mill worth of knock-off waht about the 100mill they spent on products that are now sold or w/e or who would keep all their product in one location? if they're smart enough to make 7mill im sure they are smart enough not to keep everything in one place. And all this did i bet, is make publicity so now people like Dazz187s would go out buy them. not to mention if you dumb enough to buy it from some guy on the street for almost 1/2 the price. I truely hope you dont think its real.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Those PSPs are actually called POP Stations or PCP Stations. There's a British guy on YouTube that actually reviews these knock-offs. His channel name is Ashens.
    Do I brag about which phone I have in this space?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Got to love LA and their knock offs!

Thanks

They look just like the real thing :0

Is mine counterfeit?
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

There are knock off iPhone4's floating all over out here in Afghanistan. The Soldiers buy them from the locals. I don't know how much they sell them for but they work on the networks out here...lol.

They look pretty close to the originals, even have all the print on the back and the apple logo. When you pick them up they are way to light though. Of course the interface is way different to.
    @hvywheel

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge78 View Post
    There are knock off iPhone4's floating all over out here in Afghanistan. The Soldiers buy them from the locals. I don't know how much they sell them for but they work on the networks out here...lol.

They look pretty close to the originals, even have all the print on the back and the apple logo. When you pick them up they are way to light though. Of course the interface is way different to.
    The Haji sell them about $200. You can tell if its FAKE by the connection Mini USB like those old camera connection) and cheap plastic covering. and you cannot sync to iTune either.

Unlock & PWNED!8gig iPhone 2.1
    Carrier|AT&T-AIS|TRUE
    MacBook|2.4GHZ|4gig RAM|120gig HDD

Quote Originally Posted by rpoosua View Post
    The Haji sell them about $200. You can tell if its FAKE by the connection Mini USB like those old camera connection) and cheap plastic covering. and you cannot sync to iTune either.
    Yeah it's dead obvious...lol.

I feel sorry for any suckers that buy them thinking they are anything but a knock off.
    @hvywheel

that stuff looks pretty legit...man...i wonder what ebay account they were selling under

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge78 View Post
    Yeah it's dead obvious...lol.

I feel sorry for any suckers that buy them thinking they are anything but a knock off.
    You look like a guy I was stationed with at Columbus AFB. You wouldn't happen to have been the First Shirt for the 14CS would you?
    Do I brag about which phone I have in this space?

What? These items have been REcovered?
    Did the LA police own them in the first instance, and then lost them? Careless.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple will take these and re sell them as "Refurbished"

That's my devices

Too hard to get drugs into the country so they try to smuggle toys. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast