+ Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To: Jailbreak the Verizon iPhone 4 with greenpois0n RC5 beta 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by patisback Hi actually it was made by me... so if you wan the latest info on this tweak, visit GreenPois0n Animation Disabler 1.0-1 : iCr8zy . Thanks!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patisback View Post
    Hi actually it was made by me... so if you wan the latest info on this tweak, visit GreenPois0n Animation Disabler 1.0-1 : iCr8zy.
    Thanks!
    Even better!!! Follow that link! Good job BTW and thanx for helping the community!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey guys first time on this forum... will be getting my vzw iphone soon... but im kinda scared with this greenpios0n jailbreak... can it brick my phone? ive noticed guys like spaceman have had issues..... what if it doesnt work out good? can i go back to factory settings? i know clicking on restore on itunes will restore it but what if that doesnt work? just dont wanna have my brand new iphone and brick it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

It is very, very hard to actually brick an iPhone (most of which happened back when you had to run commands in terminal to the phone to do the jailbreak). All you have to do if the jailbreak does not work is go into DFU mode and restore.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Major Herbie (02-10-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Verizon iPhone 4 View Post
    Hey guys first time on this forum... will be getting my vzw iphone soon... but im kinda scared with this greenpios0n jailbreak... can it brick my phone? ive noticed guys like spaceman have had issues..... what if it doesnt work out good? can i go back to factory settings? i know clicking on restore on itunes will restore it but what if that doesnt work? just dont wanna have my brand new iphone and brick it
    You can't "Brick" your iphone. People just say they are bricking their iPhone because they can't follow instructions. It's not hard it's very easy and if you have problems or want to go back to a "Non-JailBroken" state you just restore in iTunes.

Thanks for asking though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    It is very, very hard to actually brick an iPhone (most of which happened back when you had to run commands in terminal to the phone to do the jailbreak). All you have to do if the jailbreak does not work is go into DFU mode and restore.
    ok so you mean go back to DFU mode on greenpois0n and restore? or itunes? and how do you do that on greenpois0n?

Thanks

You don't have to use greenposion to do that. A simple restore can do the same too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Verizon iPhone 4 View Post
    ok so you mean go back to DFU mode on greenpois0n and restore? or itunes? and how do you do that on greenpois0n?
    You need to go into DFU to install GreenPois0n. If you want to restore you can also go into DFU to restore.

Thanks

There are many succesful stories of Verizon iPhones being jailbroken with greenposion.

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh ok well thanks.... so if greenpoison doesnt jailbreak it do i just keep trying? or do i need to do a restore from itunes?

Thanks

Keep trying. I don't have a Verizon i4 but my ATT i4 took 2 times to get it to jailbreak. My 3GS once and my iPad 3 times.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i see so sometimes it will not work on the first time? what does it normally do when it doesnt work on first try does it just freeze up? or what? and do you just keep trying to jailbreak until it works?

Thanks

Mine froze. But sometimes it looks like it freezes too but will work anyway.

Important first thing to do after you have jailbroken: After you open Cydia and do the updates then make sure to click "Make My Life Easier" This is important if at a later point you need to downgrade.

But when you do get your phone and if you have issues you can find help on ModMyi. Plenty of people on here willing to lend a hand to help out.
    Last edited by Cer0; 02-10-2011 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

downgrade for what? what is that for?

Thanks

When a new firmware is released it is not jailbroken most times. Sometimes it takes months. But this version (4.2.1 or 4.2.6) is and with that button it allows you to go back down to those firmwares to jailbreak because Apple will not let you downgrade.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i see... does the jailbraking make the phone slower or not allow you to do certain things? and if i do a restore on itunes it will take me back to factory settings?

Thanks

Somethings may make it slower but the i4 is pretty fast. It all depends on what you install. It operates like a normal iPhone but better with the tweaks.

Hitting restore in iTunes will take it back to normal firmware. You can sync just fine though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    There are many succesful stories of Verizon iPhones being jailbroken with greenposion.
    I am one of them

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Superb stuff..The Dogs Bollock's Im going top jb mine later today..hopefully!!
    :>)

Thanks

Mods - It's pathetic that the majority of posts in this thread aren't even on topic.

This is a Verizon jailbreak thread. Everyone posting about 4.2.1 and ipads, needs to seek another thread to ask their unrelated questions in.

Kinda hard to find information that's relevant in this thread if you have a Verizon iphone don't you think?
    Hmm...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Mods - It's pathetic that the majority of posts in this thread aren't even on topic.

This is a Verizon jailbreak thread. Everyone posting about 4.2.1 and ipads, needs to seek another thread to ask their unrelated questions in.

Kinda hard to find information that's relevant in this thread if you have a Verizon iphone don't you think?
    True...but they all JB the same way w/ the same tool. An AT&T user can have the same problems as a Verizon user or an ipad owner; All of this info helps out 'our' entire community. We're all on the same team now!!!

+ Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast