Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpois0n For Windows Released: Untethered Jailbreak for 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Let me ask this..............If a very small number of Iphone and Idevices Jailbreak then why is Cydia overwhelmed with each new JB?

I think that alone can tell you there are a large number of Jailbreakers, besides the profits Cydia has each year

You can't get help with that here Mate, MMYI does not allow pirate posts, you can get banned for it.

Understand that stuff is stealing
    I don't wanna steal anything. I Just don't wanna pay for the five aps I already bought twice... It's like being ripped off. I didn't know you could get banned for it. I'm sorry

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

itunes wont update my phone at all. it runs through everything than at the end i get an error. so i use tiny umbrella to kick out of recovery and it re boots than goes back to connect to itunes over and over.but i can restore to 4.1 no problem. all shsh up to 4.3bxx is saved. i have downloaded the 4.2.1ipsw from itunes and modmyi. any ideas?
    I Like Eletronics

My iPhone is a Part of Me shellbell1471's Avatar
    Thanks

same here on windows 7 had redsnow jailbreak on, just greenpois0n'd it and worked like a charm....feels nice being able to turn off and reboot the phone off without it being connected to the computer. Also everything still on and not having to restore was a lifesaver

My phones stuck on the Skull, and the respring is stalled. How can i solve this? can't iTunes can't pick it up either. My phone was full! Have I bricked it?

Quote Originally Posted by cekerson View Post
    Do you guy who have redsnow tethered 4.2.1 have the same issue were you cannot turn off the device but instead it just freezes on the boot logo screen?
    I did (I know i'm responding to a really old post), but I restored, and i can greenpois0n untether it.

Can't wait to try this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Should I jb to 4.2.1 I have a solid jb 4.1?? Is there any big benefit? Speed or memory usage??

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    There's no speed or memory benefit. It's extra features. Not really worth it if your on 4.1
    Last edited by Sem656; 02-06-2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Sem656 View Post

There's no speed or memory benefit. It's extra features. Not really worth it if your on 4.1

Yah, not really worth it. Maybe if you have an iPad, but not otherwise. 4.2.1 didn't really bring anything new, or exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sem656 View Post

Thx bro your the second one to say that and I truly appreciate it...excited about the new jailbreak and the spinning skull...but I want all my Cydia stuff to work! ...became accustom to them working lol...

Mine's just stuck in a black screen with white writing. Any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone phoenix81's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x2dope View Post
    thanks for your worthless reply...I left with my phone "jailbreaking" and when I got back it was up and running...I am not use to having a jailbreak take so long to run. Excuse me for posting my experience with Greenpois0n. It works but I still prefer anything by Geohot or the Devteam. I dont know how long it took to actually work on my device but I know I was looking at a screen that didnt move for 5 minutes or more. Happy it worked...like I said before glad people are able to use it and GREAT job to the Chronic Dev Team.
    Mine took maybe 5 min. But I already had cydia installed via redsn0w.

And my friends 3GS from a restore only took like 15 min. Including restore. Wonder why sone take so long. O well, happy jbreakin

The OP should state that a restore before jailbreaking is not needed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    The OP should state that a restore before jailbreaking is not needed
    If you used jb Monte you may have issues. That's why they say fresh copy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

This is great, now if we could only get the iPhone 4 unlock or baseband downgrader
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix81 View Post
    Mine took maybe 5 min. But I already had cydia installed via redsn0w.

And my friends 3GS from a restore only took like 15 min. Including restore. Wonder why sone take so long. O well, happy jbreakin
    It might depend on which you used to jailbreak I used the mirror version and mine was done in Like ten seconds no problem, mind you I didn't already have cydia installed.. Maybe that's why yours took so long to download because you already had yours jailbroke

Quote Originally Posted by one_crazy_dude View Post
    itunes wont update my phone at all. it runs through everything than at the end i get an error. so i use tiny umbrella to kick out of recovery and it re boots than goes back to connect to itunes over and over.but i can restore to 4.1 no problem. all shsh up to 4.3bxx is saved. i have downloaded the 4.2.1ipsw from itunes and modmyi. any ideas?
    Had that problem once before. Seems one of the JB utilities put an entry into my hosts file that pointed the address of the Apple verification server back to the loopback address on my Mac. I'd check there and see if you have any entries and comment them out then try the Apple update again.

I just restored and JailBreaked with gp and it wooooooorrrrkkksss!! (I restarting my ipod a few times just for fun=)
    I hate when someone says NO!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Howsyourhalo View Post
    It might depend on which you used to jailbreak I used the mirror version and mine was done in Like ten seconds no problem, mind you I didn't already have cydia installed.. Maybe that's why yours took so long to download because you already had yours jailbroke
    I meant to actually jailbreak. The download of GP was instant on ih8snow mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by ifabian View Post
    When will modmyi repo up?
    Just jaibroke my wifeys, you have to go to changes and refresh...then search for the app again should be there...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    Had that problem once before. Seems one of the JB utilities put an entry into my hosts file that pointed the address of the Apple verification server back to the loopback address on my Mac. I'd check there and see if you have any entries and comment them out then try the Apple update again.
    I would agree host file could be issue. What error code is it giving. Did you try recovery mode to get it to restore?

It's was super easy...make sure your Greenpois0n zip is legit. I watched this first...

Check out this video on YouTube:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXMrkGGnF-Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast