+ Reply
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpois0n For Windows Released: Untethered Jailbreak for 4.2.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Absolutely amazing!!! Thanks to all the hard work put into this!! Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    Thanks

Absolutely amazing!!! Thanks to all the hard work put into this!!

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,146 Posts

Keep warez talk out of this thread. Or I will be removing users and not just posts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
    Seriously..... Stay away from In-STALL-us!!! STALL meaning " I know several people" who've bricked their phones using that sh1t.

ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!! Not only that, but it gives us jailbreakers who are here for tweaks, mods, themes, etc. a black eye.

Please don't pirate apps. No matter the price of the app, you are stealing the work from someone who worked /very hard/ to release something we can all enjoy.

If your phone ever gets stuck on the apple logo, or gets hung in the continuous respring phase....... You'll know why! And you can't say you weren't warned.
    Cydia apps should be free anyway...it's slowly turning into the AppStore.

I don't use ********** but I've never heard of it bricking any idevice and if there were any problems they've never been reported. Quit trolling the forum with ur crap...

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onlinegamesnz View Post
    Any news on 4.3 and a jb yet? Im just so established in my jb right now upgrading to 4.2.1 will take a while to get it back to my current state. Id hate to upgrade to 4.2.1 and then 4.3 gets released with a jb. Also much point upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2.1?

Cheers help appreciated
    Not much difference unless with 4.2.1 u want airview app to stream video between devices that's pretty cool. I would stay jb as is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

for anyone who cares...

iphone 4 4.2.1, about 1 month old, otb with 4.2.1 (3.10.01)

ran first over tethered redsn0w(6.6), worked flawless, loader app did not install and cydia was fine

recorded memory usage and reboot times through 3 boot cycles

shift+restore to 4.2.1, then greenpois0n on fresh 4.2.1, increased boot time by almost 20 seconds

used sbsettings to moniter mem usage, average mem at 340 with redsn0w and gprc5, averaged 380 with just greenpois0n

so imho, its worth it to restore first, phone runs smoother with just gp as the jailbreak

also when i installed gprc5 on fresh 4.2.1 i opted to delete loader with ifunbox and use redsn0w just to install cydia due to so many issues with loader, worked fine

so even though my phone ran and rebooted fine with gprc5 over redsnow, it defenetly started faster and had more memory on startup with just gprc5

so now that this is out, whats next ? rubyra1n on the 10th? monte for 4.3 ? will there ever be a soft unlock or downgrade option for 3.10.01 ?

hope an unlock comes soon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    OMG the Jailbreak has nothing to do with winterboard, you can use SuperLimera1n and you may still have a problem mate!
    There is nothing wrong trying other userland jailbreaks. Unlocking the iPhone 4 is needed now

Green Apple
    Thanks

People are saying "I'll wait for rubyRa1n" but it hasn't been confirmed that it's going to be released soon..Ive had the 4.1 iOS for alonggggg time and I just currently updated to 4.2...I don't see the big change except the txt message tones.....not many features that you can see are being pushed out by apple these days..

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

I know it's slightly OT, but is it safe to back up in iTunes, jailbreak 4.2.1 and then restore from backup? I assume applying a non jailbroken 4.2.1 backup to a jailbroken 4.2.` is fine, but not vice versa?

Green Apple
    Thanks

i tried 5 times already to jb my I4 4.2.1 1.59 and always get the same thing "unable to mount user filesystem" or something like that and get stuck restored alredy for couple times and have still the same thing WTF

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im jailbreaking my 3gs now.anyone know how long the process should take?
    Thanx chronic dev team for making it happen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^Put the phone back in DFU from the verbose screen and re-run the JB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey peeps, I've jailbroken with greenpois0n and installed cydia and it has updated etc but there is no modmyi source in the repos...why?! Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Honestly this makes no sense? this is not a medicine or brand of beer, it programing, many are posting "No problem" if that is the case its you, your computer or your device thats the problem not GP
    thanks for your worthless reply...I left with my phone "jailbreaking" and when I got back it was up and running...I am not use to having a jailbreak take so long to run. Excuse me for posting my experience with Greenpois0n. It works but I still prefer anything by Geohot or the Devteam. I dont know how long it took to actually work on my device but I know I was looking at a screen that didnt move for 5 minutes or more. Happy it worked...like I said before glad people are able to use it and GREAT job to the Chronic Dev Team.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by widezu69 View Post
    Hey peeps, I've jailbroken with greenpois0n and installed cydia and it has updated etc but there is no modmyi source in the repos...why?! Anyone else have this problem?
    Lots of people are having the same problem. Check around, there's 3-4 threads on this topic

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

widezu69 (02-06-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    When will modmyi repo up?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    Lots of people are having the same problem. Check around, there's 3-4 threads on this topic
    Thanks so there ain't a solution yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Alright, just picked up a fresh iPhone 3GS (4.2.1 BB 5.15.04) If I JB with greenpois0n can I still use redsn0w to install the ipad baseband to unlock? Or do I need to apply the redsn0w jb and ipad unlock first and then greenpois0n? I am still not sure about using 6.15.00 b/c we will never know if we can downgrade. All information points that a downgrade is coming but still not sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fircic View Post
    i tried 5 times already to jb my I4 4.2.1 1.59 and always get the same thing "unable to mount user filesystem" or something like that and get stuck restored alredy for couple times and have still the same thing WTF
    hey man i had the same problem and got bi***ed out by another user saying it wasnt working for me. I left it running for about 3 hours and when I cam back it was good to go. Just wait a while. I say up to 2 hours at least.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,279 Times in 3,992 Posts

Should I jb to 4.2.1 I have a solid jb 4.1?? Is there any big benefit? Speed or memory usage??

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Green Apple
    Thanks
    iPhone 3GS 4.2.1. Windows 7 64 bit.

Ran normally, went to white screen, didn't work. Rebooted.

Ran again in Compatibility mode (XP SP3) and as Administrator, worked flawlessly. Loader works and Cydia works (Although no ModMyI repos :/)

Thanks Chronic-Dev team !