Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpois0n For Windows Released: Untethered Jailbreak for 4.2.1

Thanks

Sweet..No I can add stuff W/O having too Run redsn0w. Thanks man for the Site..I downloaded it and I'll Be looking forward too getting better App. Forget that hot spot on Verizon's iphone, i USE pda net..and it works JUST GREAT!!

I also want to know..will this work on the iPad as well since it's running 4.2.1? if not.it's no biggie as long as i got it on the iPhone.
    Last edited by AKCHRIS; 02-05-2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    Sweet..No I can add stuff W/O having too Run redsn0w. Thanks man for the Site..I downloaded it and I'll Be looking forward too getting better App. Forget that hot spot on Verizon's iphone, i USE pda net..and it works JUST GREAT!!
    Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by primalscream.40 View Post
    my wife says thanks, no she has her ip4 4.2.1 jailbroke,she been waiting patiently now she happy
    Congrats even my one month old baby says thanks too.. Lol
    Last edited by iYeow; 02-05-2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    I really hate to be the one who seems like a n00b and I'm sorry if this was already asked. But can I "upgrade" to this from a tethered 4.2.1 jailbreak I did with redsnow with a iPad?
    I don't know about the iPad but this method worked flawlessly on my iPhone 4
    Give a thanks if I was helpful!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Squints For This Useful Post:

ty22 (02-05-2011)

Help!! Mines keep saying jailbreak failed it's not going throug the process!

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination View Post
    Help!! Mines keep saying jailbreak failed it's not going throug the process!
    You did upgrade to 4.2.1 before JBing right?

how long does it take to upgrade your phone? Mine been installing 4.2 for like the last 20 mins.

any list of compatible cydia apps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Squints View Post
    You did upgrade to 4.2.1 before JBing right?
    Im already on 4.2.1 I used redsn0w tethered in the past. I used many options like run as admin//XP

Nice, now I can do facetime with my bluetooth instead of speakerphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigt14874 View Post
    how long does it take to upgrade your phone? Mine been installing 4.2 for like the last 20 mins.
    Installing or Downloading?

Downloading would depend on internet speed, but installing shouldnt take that long.

Why? Why release this now instead of waiting for the 4.3 update?

All because of a dare? Pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination View Post
    Im already on 4.2.1 I used redsn0w tethered in the past. I used many options like run as admin//XP
    hmmm....I didn't run GP as admin...I heard somewhere you don't have to like you do with redsn0w..

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post

I read that apple closed the vulnerability in 4.3 betas anyway, so might as well release...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djgunner View Post
    yessssssssssssssssssssss...

worked like a charm on my non jailbroken iphone4 with 4.2.1... (3.10.01 bb)
    Hey, I'm in the same boat as you dj. Never JB before. Ip4 on 4.2.1 & 3.10.01 bb. So ALL I do is download GP for Windows (Vista) and this is ONE file and then follow instructions. I don't need to save "blobs" or anything else. I just want JB not unlock????? Please confirm. Ta

Ugh it's still not working!

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post

Actually because they said that the exploit was closed is 4.3. So they wanted to release as soon as possible so as many people possible can enjoy it. But they also have other exploits in which they have stated nothing about! so hopefully apple wont close them!
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die today!

Quote Originally Posted by virtualcappy View Post
    I read that apple closed the vulnerability in 4.3 betas anyway, so might as well release...
    Ya it was patched in the beta (they think it was patched on accident) thats why they rushed getting it out.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

I have a Iphone 4 with 4.0, I just did it as instructed and it works perfect!!!
    thanks for all the posts here to help do it.
    I also used this link
    Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS iOS 4.2.1 Untethered with GreenPois0n RC5

iPhone? More like MyPhone djgunner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie5374 View Post
    Hey, I'm in the same boat as you dj. Never JB before. Ip4 on 4.2.1 & 3.10.01 bb. So ALL I do is download GP for Windows (Vista) and this is ONE file and then follow instructions. I don't need to save "blobs" or anything else. I just want JB not unlock????? Please confirm. Ta
    that's it... you can't save blobs until you are jailbroken anyways. All you want to do is hook your phone up to your pc via USB then turn the phone off, while still connected via USB, then launch the GP app (I did it as admin but not sure you need to do that) then follow the instructions to get the device into DFU mode.. it has an easy to follow timer thing that guides you through the process.. once the device is jailbroken it'll reboot twice, or at least mine looked like it did twice and the loader app was on my springboard, use that to install cydia and then launch cydia and let it get fully updated and working before you remove the launcher app..

if you get stuck trying to get the phone into dfu mode, don't worry.. it can be tricky, just follow the instructions carefully making sure you are hitting and releasing the right buttons and at the right time..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

can anyone message me the mirror for the mac version of the rc5-b3? thanks!

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast