Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Sets Record First-Day Sales with iPhone

Default Verizon Sets Record First-Day Sales with iPhone

In a follow-up to the announcement that Verizon has run out of its initial supply of pre-orders of the iPhone 4 for current Verizon Wireless customers, Verizon has also announced that the device set a first-day sales record for the company. More amazingly, it broke the record in two hours.

Verizon stopped taking pre-orders around 8 PM last night. However, the record sales all occurred between 3 and 5 AM Eastern Time. The demand for the iPhone remains an incredible success story, as the device is half a year old, yet customers still beg for apple's coveted smartphone, even as other manufacturers produce phones at rapid paces that attempt to pull customer attention from the iPhone.

Even with the large selection of feature phones, and Blackberry and Android smartphone choices already offered by Verizon Wireless,and the beginnings of 4G offerings, it still seems the iPhone 4 will be just as successful as expected. Shipments for pre-ordered phones are on schedule for a February 7th delivery.

Verizon adds that they still have a supply of phones ready when the phone becomes available to anyone, online on February 9th, and at retail locations at 7 AM on February 10th. We'd assume Verizon and Apple will wait to release official numbers until after this date. But it can only be assumed that Verizon and Apple are grinning from ear to ear on an as-expected product launch so-far.

Here's the full press release:

VERIZON WIRELESS HAS RECORD SALES ON FIRST DAY OF iPHONE 4

Available to General Public on Feb.10

BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – At 8:10 p.m. EST yesterday, Verizon Wireless ceased online orders of iPhone 4 to existing customers and ended the most successful first day sales in the history of the company.

“This was an exciting day,” said Dan Mead, president and chief executive officer for Verizon Wireless. “In just our first two hours, we had already sold more phones than any first day launch in our history. And, when you consider these initial orders were placed between the hours of 3 a.m. and 5 a.m., it is an incredible success story. It is gratifying to know that our customers responded so enthusiastically to this exclusive offer — designed to reward them for their loyalty.

“I am proud of our employees who worked tirelessly to strengthen and scale our systems, enabling unprecedented customer orders through our website. Overall, it was a very good day,” he added.

Mead also said customers will have another opportunity at being among the nation’s first to own an iPhone 4 on the Verizon Wireless network.

“Yesterday’s launch set the pace for next week when we open up sales to everyone across America.”

The general market launch of the iPhone 4 on the Verizon Wireless network will occur on February 10. The company will open its more than 2000 Verizon Wireless Stores at 7 a.m. It will also be available at all Apple store locations, Best Buy, select Wal-Mart stores, and on-line at verizonwireless.com and apple.com.
    Source:
    Engadget

So will there be lots of disappointed iPhone 4 owners come July and again in July 2012 when they still can't upgrade?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mahatmt For This Useful Post:

J0relle (02-04-2011)

Now all us Att users will just sit back and wait lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado87 For This Useful Post:

thetoothfairy (02-04-2011)

Behold, the power of Apple.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

It took Ya! long enought to put this here I knew about it since yesterday.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkDragonAn For This Useful Post:

DaCodec (02-05-2011)

And people think Android still has a chance at a respectable market share lol

I am waiting to see if all their talk about their network being able to handle if it can actually handle it. Like how they were downing att for release day down times.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

DaCodec (02-05-2011), DRFP (02-04-2011), thetoothfairy (02-04-2011)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So if their server crashed with all the iPhone pre-orders that must not bode well for their network being able to handle the load...

Also I would like to know the numbers themselves compared to say at&t's records of the iPhone releases on the first day(all of them).

What's funny is ALL of these pre-orders are existing customers. They're all Android users lol. Reminds me of Star Wars:

"I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Android devices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

Edited for truth

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jdm.accord For This Useful Post:

DaCodec (02-05-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    And people think Android still has a chance at a respectable market share lol
    +10
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado87 View Post
    Now all us Att users will just sit back and wait lol
    yup let's do that

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Why Not?

The new Android phones are not here yet?

At present most of them Suck. I think wait and see what happens

maybe is just me but every android that came out it was an iPhone "killer" trying so many phone and so hard just to be as good as the iPhone
    the only phone better than iPhone 4 will be the next iPhone by apple iPhone 5

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    So if their server crashed with all the iPhone pre-orders that must not bode well for their network being able to handle the load...

Also I would like to know the numbers themselves compared to say at&t's records of the iPhone releases on the first day(all of them).
    There is literally no correlation between that and their cellular network. Their server isn't designed for as many simultaneous connections as they must have had.

Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    maybe is just me but every android that came out it was an iPhone "killer" trying so many phone and so hard just to be as good as the iPhone
    the only phone better than iPhone 4 will be the next iPhone by apple iPhone 5
    "iPhone killer" is a term coined by the media, nothing more. Just saying...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 02-04-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

You guys are too biased.

Not saying that the iphone is bad, it's a great smartphone and surely among the best, but if you remain objective, you have to admit, that there are other smartphones out there that are en par with the iphone and some even do more than a stock iphone (jailbroken?....different story).
    In the end it's just a matter of preference.

But Android doesn't suck and neither does the iphone.
    Competition creates variety, otherwise we'd be all using the exact same phone and driving the exact same car.....how boring would that be.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dogdaysunrise For This Useful Post:

DaCodec (02-05-2011), GreenMachine (02-05-2011), sziklassy (02-04-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaysunrise View Post
    You guys are too biased.

Not saying that the iphone is bad, it's a great smartphone and surely among the best, but if you remain objective, you have to admit, that there are other smartphones out there that are en par with the iphone and some even do more than a stock iphone (jailbroken?....different story).
    In the end it's just a matter of preference.

But Android doesn't suck and neither does the iphone.
    Competition creates variety, otherwise we'd be all using the exact same phone and driving the exact same car.....how boring would that be.
    I think it is also worth noting the different types of consumers that iOS and Android targets. They are NOT always the same group of people.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I love android and iOS...and windows mobile...and bb lol. They all have their strengths and I use all of them. It's nice to have choices.

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mahatmt View Post
    So will there be lots of disappointed iPhone 4 owners come July and again in July 2012 when they still can't upgrade?
    Its not like the world wont end 5 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragonAn View Post
    It took Ya! long enought to put this here I knew about it since yesterday.
    Grow up

Just wait till VeriPhone customers use their mobile hotspot feature and start missing all calls and text messages since EV-DO cannot do data and voice simultaneously... Can you hear me now? Ummm, No... Didn't know u called...

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
    Grow up

Just wait till VeriPhone customers use their mobile hotspot feature and start missing all calls and text messages since EV-DO cannot do data and voice simultaneously... Can you hear me now? Ummm, No... Didn't know u called...
    When a mobile hotspot is activated on the Verizon iPhone 4, any incoming calls go through as the hotspot is dis-activated.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatoTheForms View Post
    When a mobile hotspot is activated on the Verizon iPhone 4, any incoming calls go through as the hotspot is dis-activated.
    That doesn't sound any better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast