Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Surprise, Surprise... Verizon iPhone Preorders Already Sold Out

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Why buy now when the 5 is coming soon?
    Because verizon isn't getting iPhone 5 in 2011. One year refresh rule - check it out. A CDMA iPhone is just as different as an iPod touch compared with the original iPhone in the minds of apple marketers. One year for V-dogs to get i5.

[QUOTE=sziklassy;5788844]
    You must not have been around for that long. Either that, or you CLEARLY missed the iPhone refresh table is 12 months. Once iPhone comes out, you are safe knowing you have the newest iPhone for the next 12 months. People buying iPhones aren't in it for the top of the line tech in the long run. Tecnology-wise, there are certainly phones out there that beat the iPhone 4 today.
    /QUOTE]

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Because people believe
    Verizon has:
    Better Signal
    Better Phones
    Better Customer service
    Better looking Sales rep
    Better Ads
    Better Data Plans
    Better....................Uh they are just "Gooder" then At&t lol
    Better looking sales reps? I'll buy 2 of those. F the phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

• Not everyone cares about having the latest model just because it's the latest model
    • Those that do already know how well apple products maintain resale value

I really really doubt Apple will intentionally keep the phones segregated on a 6 month cycle. The summer release will be for everyone.

But you know, if I was on Verizon I wouldn't wait to get the phone now. I had a 3G, and I skipped the minor upgrade 3GS. I've got a 4, and I don't expect to be too impressed with the 5. I mean, there's not much that I'd even upgrade with the current phone. Res is good, speed is good, memory is good, reception is good, what more do I need? NFC payments? *shrug*. Dual-mode? I don't really need it. If it comes out with 3D or something I guess that would be cool. But I'm really quite satisfied with the current model, and I cant even think up how they could improve it to make me need to get a new one. I understand some people have an unnatural need to have the latest Apple products, and that's ok. But if you're one of those people you probably haven't been sitting on Verizon for almost 4 years waiting to get an iPhone.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

5. The Following User Says Thank You to krosis For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (02-04-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha all those suckers! I did enjoy the new commercial though, it was funny to see the, "can you hear me now?" guy at the end!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Why buy now when the 5 is coming soon?
    we dont know if the iphone 5 will come out for verizon and att at the same time. they can barley keep up with the demand for 1 carrier
    [SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess I don't look at it from the perspective of do I want my phone to be up to twice as fast, but from the perspective that my phone is fast enough. There is a bit of a difference between laptop and mobile device performance on dual core processors too; desktop OS have more things going on at once.

I'm not saying there won't be a performance difference, just that I don't think it will be dramatic enough to make me want to upgrade my phone. It certainly wouldn't stop me from getting a Verizon iPhone now if I wanted one.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

"Verizon iPhone Preorders Already Sold Out"

So how many is that exactly ?
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

What's Jailbreak? Monkey Johannon's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm actually surprised at the people who assumed it would be ANY different...media is going crazy with the story as if the media blitz that happened last year upon release of the iP4 was going to prevent this kind of turn out from people who wanted it on Verizon.
    "Choosing the lesser of two evils...is still choosing evil." - Jerry Garcia

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

surprised that so many people bought but not surprise by it since they have been waiting for so long they're excited, and also not surprised that sold out
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123