+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Adding 2GB Extra Data to DataPro +Tethering Plan

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by efi2nr I bet "Grandfathered in" won't mean sh1t in June when the 5th gen iPhone drops. I put money on it you will have to have a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by efi2nr View Post
    I bet "Grandfathered in" won't mean sh1t in June when the 5th gen iPhone drops. I put money on it you will have to have a new "4g plan" to get the new phone the way they did then the 3G came out. Even if you don't have 4G in your area.
    I thought so too when I went from my first gen iPhone to the iPhone 4 but they let me grandfather into the $30 unlimited plan from the $20 unlimited plan I had.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Has anyone checked out, the MyWi onDemand app? Looks good,, I gotta wait, till i get home ? "ReBoot", B4 I can use it,, (Tetherd Jailbreak) LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
    Has anyone checked out, the MyWi onDemand app? Looks good,, I gotta wait, till i get home ? "ReBoot", B4 I can use it,, (Tetherd Jailbreak) LOL
    Yes have been jailbroken and used it for quite a while. I am grandfather with iPhone 4 AT&T and won't switch because A1 exploit is patched. The Verizon iPhone could take a while to jailbreak due to the unknown components. Feb. 12 is marked on my calendar.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jailbreaks.eu
    Our unique solution will unlock iPhones, Ipad, ipop touches & blackberry handsets in minutes .
    Free Software Updates! With our solution we guarantee to provide you with unlocking software updates that are kept up-to-date so no matter how many firmware updates your iPhone has you never need to worry about it being re-locked.
    Please visit jailbreak.eu for more details, with over 70,000 satisfied customers across Europe we must be doing something right!
    UK based company with 24 hour support.
    Upon purchase you will be emailed access codes instantly.
    Jailbreaks.eu
    Unlocking your phone can save you hundreds of pounds each year
    Release the true potential of your handset now!

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

MYWI, and 3g Unrestrictor
    EFF EM!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am on the fence with this whole deal. In NYC my call drop WAY too frequently. I have had an iPhone since it's inception and I feel that both apple and AT&T have progressed nicely, however, we live in a what have you done for me lately society. And lately AT&T has capped data and been lazy about it's coverage. So what do I do? On the other hand all of my droid verizon buddies HATE verizons hidden fees at the end of the day paying way more than anticipated. What to do, what to do?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Both AT&T and Verizon still suck compared to the old $20 unlimited plan from Sprint. AT&T had that for a little while too. Why things have gotten worse instead of better is a bit, well, backwards, if I may state the obvious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    This is a horrible lie by Verizon...and I hope people don't sign up thinking they have unlimited data when....they really 5gb...unreal. I can very easily see a law suit.
    no law suit. not verizons fault if people don't actually read the contract they sign. is it sneaky? sure, but people opt to blindly sign the contract without reading. oh well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just because Verizon finally got access to the iPhone 4 doesn't mean they have rights to the iPhone 5. AT&T had a longstanding exclusive deal with Apple, and it's quite possible they might be able to negotiate another exclusivity period for the iPhone 5, even if it's only a few months to give AT&T a head start. On the other hand, Verizon will be actively lobbying for the same opportunity, and it's in Apple's best interest to have the iPhone on as many networks as possible.

iPhone? More like MyPhone qbnucca's Avatar
    Thanks

I am so happy with t-mobile and my i4 it's not 3G but it still moves faster then at&t in my area. T-mobile needs a 4g iPhone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

As far as I know... The ONLY current true unlimited data plan is offered by Virgin Mobile.

$40/mo unlimited, no 5GB cap, but TOS prohibits some uses; torrents, p2p, and such (which isn't a big deal because they all have that in the contract somewhere.) I have heard rumors that this price is going up to $50/month this month some time, but still $10 cheaper than a contract 5GB plan from any other carrier.

For now, I'll stick with my unlimited iPhone plan. If they "muscle" me out of it eventually, then I will cancel my iPhone data altogether and use a Virgin Mobile mifi for data instead.

When AT&T asks why I would do that...

"Since the phone will see mifi as wifi, I'll STILL be able to talk-n-surf, and it'll save me money over your ridiculous plans" lol.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyanWS View Post
    Grandfathered and MyWi
    Totally, its good that verizon is offering the unlimited, its already making att do something about it
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Their unlimited is for a limited time only. Jump on the bandwagon now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

@DRFP

You r talking about sprint...why? This whole discussion is about carriers that have the iPhone (At&T, Verizon).

Does AT&T have data limitations as sprint and Verizon do? If AT&T does...they do not at all enforce it. I have been over 20 gigs a month easily over the past 6 months...and AT&T has never contacted me once saying I have done something wrong.

I am EXTREMELY happy with AT&T for now. If they take away my grandfather title...I will feel differently...but I just don't see that happening. AT&T is going to do everything they can to keep their current iPhone customers from jumping to the Verizon ship.
    El Zurdo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Look at your carrier or you iPhone box. That will solve everyones problem. Just wait and see.

What's Jailbreak? Monkey Johannon's Avatar
    Thanks

Even if it's not perfect news, atleast it's slightly pleasant...i'm used to seeing AT&T iPhone data plan announcements and muscle memory has me in prison rape position without even reading it.
    "Choosing the lesser of two evils...is still choosing evil." - Jerry Garcia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    As much as the carriers say "Unlimited" Data, its a lie

Verizon

Link to story

So the important part of the verizon statement:

So the Verizon "unlimited" is not ( there is no Santa Claus )

At&t is more honest with the 4gb then Verizon and will not cut you off ( just charge you) Verizon may cut you off.............
    I just read all terms and conditions there is nothing that states only 5 gb per mouth. This month on my iPhone I have used more the 5 gb . Verizon has not canceled my service or as the article says suspended them. If that was the case that would be fails advertisement and people would sue the sh** out of verizon . By law they can't say unlimited and then turn around and only give customers 5 gb per mouth.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm still waiting for that 2GB increase. Nothing yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Could somebody explain the benefits of mywi to me please?
    At the moment i have the impression that it's so you can tether without carrier know you're tethering? is this true? If so why does mywi warn of carrier charges?
    If I'm wrong, then what are the benefits?
    Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How can I add an extra gb to my data plan? I have a jail-broken iPhone and the 2g is killing me.