+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New AT&T E-mail Ad Campaign Begs Users Not to Switch To Verizon

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
To all: if you have an AT&T iPhone and you DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE AN UNLIMITED DATA PLAN. Call them today or tomorrow. Call them ASAP. They can be talked
    Thanks

To all: if you have an AT&T iPhone and you DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE AN UNLIMITED DATA PLAN.

Call them today or tomorrow. Call them ASAP. They can be talked into upgrading you to an Unlimited plan because Verizon is offering such a plan right now.

Do it unless you're just stupid. I've already done it for 3 different people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orozcoj4 View Post
    I really don't think we'll see a mass exodus of AT&T iPhone 4 users to Verizon. The ETF is way to high. I think most will wait until their contracts are up at which time, hopefully, there will be a 4g iPhone available from Verizon.
    the ETF applies only to the new people that joined after the iphone4 was release.
    I have four lines with ATT all iphones and I am terminating all of them on the 10th.
    Every single person that I talk to that is an iphone user is ready to leave att on the 10th as well.
    Att will have to bring back the unlimited data for 30 and lower their monthly plan s in order to stay in business.
    You can not compare att's network with verizon's.
    And as far as the talk at the same time as being on the internet,
    The phone call takes priority, which means it will kill your web browser and the call will come through.
    Big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    A friend of mine who works at AT&T said they have no plans(that he knows of) to discount, price change or try to "even the odds" in keeping customers besides begging us to stay...but he did give me a suggestion that sounded promising...iPhone 4 users should tell AT&T you want the iPhone 5 at upgrade price or you're going to verizon...he said "that's your best bet at working something out"......
    Yeah right, give them a a couple weeks when they lose millions of customers..
    You gotta love competition
    Last edited by neonsector; 02-02-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't know how many of you have actually tried verizon with a high end smartphone but the data speed difference is pretty negligible and that is WITHOUT using wifi. I tried it with my 3GS and droid incredible and they were just about even with differences being less than a second in terms of load times in favor of AT&T.

If you do these same tests on lower end multimedia phones then AT&T cerainly has the clear speed advantage. I think the 1ghz processor in the sroid incredible vs the 600mhz processor in the 3GS makes a big difference though and if they were both 600mhz or both 1ghz then the speed advantage would be much more obvious.

If anyone has access to both an iPhone 4 and a droid incredible or other 1ghz android verizon smartphone then please post results. Thanks.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

All the people who are staying with AT&T should strike while the Iron is Hot !!! I'm trying to work the system for a free Mirco Cell, and maybe an earlier upgrade for my Girls phone ... if not ... They can eff off

iPhone? More like MyPhone jamriman's Avatar
    Thanks

Every damn call I make drops, thats if I can get through at all!! Verizon here I come!!!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't worry AT&T I'll stick with ya!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

Sem656 (02-02-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    I say leave 3G where it is and start building out 4G in the areas where there is no 3G and eventually overlap/replace 3G. It really makes no sense to continue building out a soon-to-be-obsolete network.
    4G isn't really next generation wireless data. If they can't build a 3G network worth a damn as far a coverage goes, what would give you an indication they would aggressively expand a '4G' network? They've had four years to get 3G even half as good coverage wise as Verizon and they aren't even close after all the money they've spent. AT&T is reactionary. They raked in the money from wireless contracts and haven't expanded as fast as they should. As many pockets as they fill politician wise and as much whining they've done to the Feds there's zero excuse they aren't on par with their competitors. They claim to be turning on 3G here in march, but it'll be just as garbage coverage as their current edge network. Thirty miles from me there's 3G coverage, but it only works reliably if you are outdoors. AT&T sucks all over the place, their dreams of 4G saving them is a pipe dream since they can't build a 3G network now. I love getting emails about how awesome their 4G coverage will be and how fast the speeds are. I can't hold a useable signal in broad daylight on an airfield. Their emails are a slap in the face to me. Screw them.
    HK-Z™ on Game Center

Thanks

Hahah I got that email yesterday!!!

Thanks

What will stop a mass exodus is the fact they have to purchase a new phone to work on the CDMA. I think verizon probably has alot of current customers that want an iPhone but didn't want att. I realy doubt the average joe is so iPhone enamored that they will shell out the money for another one just so they can switch to verizon.

You gotta remember...those of us who truly love our iPhones are in the fringe. Most probably like it, but aren't emotionaly attached like alot of the folks on this forum.
    @hvywheel

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My AT&T bill is about $600. Is there a way I could go to Verizon without paying my old bill and use the iPhone I have now? Also I would like to jailbreak. Any advice?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue81to View Post
    My AT&T bill is about $600. Is there a way I could go to Verizon without paying my old bill and use the iPhone I have now? Also I would like to jailbreak. Any advice?
    You couldn't use the same phone you have now, different antenna's. Jailbreaking will happen, just don't know the time frame. My advice, stick with AT&T for now, at least until the new iPhone 5 comes out. Then if you want to move over to Verizon you can get the newest iPhone with possible 4G usage.

Here's a good little comparison.

iPhone? More like MyPhone therandy's Avatar
    Thanks

To be completely honest....I use my data while im on the phone almost everyday! This alone will keep me with AT&T...plus I was grandfathered in with my unlimited data from way back since the first iPhone. As far as tethering goes, I have my MyWi for that! So AT&T will be keeping me for another year making it 10 years in June.

Side-note: The new MyWi UI is just amazing =)
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to therandy For This Useful Post:

rickinsav (02-09-2011)

Thanks

Who here thinks AT&T will go out of business?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
    Who here thinks AT&T will go out of business?
    Never going to happen!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LamboFan View Post
    Wow, that's just sad, AT&T.
    Lol
    Yes it is.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't think anyone touched on the part about multiple calling on Verizon, you must hang up all calls to disconnect on a conference call, am I correct about this and CDMA Networks?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Never go the email but I'm staying with At&t superior network for my area.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LamboFan View Post
    Wow, that's just sad, AT&T.
    That's just what it takes to stay in business

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123