+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New AT&T E-mail Ad Campaign Begs Users Not to Switch To Verizon

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Those who switch are gonna be raging at how slow EV-DO is compared to GSM 3G. The no voice/data thing is a deal breaker to me as well. And enjoy
    Thanks

Those who switch are gonna be raging at how slow EV-DO is compared to GSM 3G. The no voice/data thing is a deal breaker to me as well. And enjoy Verizon taking a dump in your cereal in June when the iPhone 5 is announced but you just got locked into a 2-year deal so you can't upgrade till the iPhone 7. Yep, I can see FLOCKS of people jumping to Verizon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jdm.accord For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (02-02-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    That's exactly what he's saying. The simultaneous voice/data is going to become a non issue when LTE is released for Verizon. Hopefully the next iPhone will be LTE, that would be nice
    Only in areas with LTE coverage. Just cause you have an LTE chip in your phone, doesn't mean you can suddenly use voice and data when on CDMA. duh.

Twitter: @tshoults

Green Apple
    Thanks

Its not like sharing the iPhone with Verizon is going to hurt AT&T. It's not. AT&T will still make huge profits. The exclusive free ride is over, thats all.

I hope a ton of people switch, honestly. Spread the bandwidth around some.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm guessing Att won't uncap their data anytime soon, plus Verizons faq says their $30 unlimited data plan will be for a limited time only.
    iPhone® 4. Verizon. It Begins.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I just read they're adding 2GB to their tethering plan and adding Mobile Hot spot in February. We are already reaping the benefits of this new Verizon deal. I think I'll stick with AT&T and MyWi. Thanks though.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

big deal krazie bone , they will add a nice 2gb tether plan on data you already own / use.

Thanks

I know tech-savvy people on this site would disagree, but most people who are determined to get one of these are not going to think twice because they can't see they're email and what not while they are on the phone. Most people I know don't even know they can minimise a call on an iPhone. Typical consumers (the majority) don't care , AT&T!

Also, for everyone who is saying voice and data is not possible on CDMA is wrong. Its technically EVDO's fault note the "DO" stands for data only. So, due to a new breakthrough technology, Verizon has two choices, revise their EVDO, or have manufacturers put a chip in the phone called SVDO (that's the new breakthrough technology). The upcoming HTC Thunderbolt 4G will include this technology, so the Thunderbolt will not only be able to do voice and data on LTE, but on EVDO too due to the SVDO chip in the device. This chip was readily available and APPLE didn't use it. http://www.electronista.com/articles...one.with.svdo/
    Last edited by ty22; 02-02-2011 at 02:22 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

I pay bout $200 for 2 iPhone lines with unlimited data (luckily) and it's killing me. I can bump down the voice minute but not worth saving $10 and almost half the minutes. How's everyone going about lowering their bill?

Thanks

Don't fight it AT&T. Just let it happen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Besides the people that live in the highly congested areas that have poor reception, ie SF, NYC, etc.. I don't think there's gonna be a mass exodus. I'm staying on AT&T, and all the people I work with that have iPhones are staying with AT&T.

Ok. Well then that settles it, as long as you work with a couple hundred thousand people ;P

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Those who switch are gonna be raging at how slow EV-DO is compared to GSM
    Yes, but only where AT&T actually has 3G, and believe it or not,there are alot of places that don't. Verizon may be slower but they have alot more coverage.
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 02-02-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I really don't think we'll see a mass exodus of AT&T iPhone 4 users to Verizon. The ETF is way to high. I think most will wait until their contracts are up at which time, hopefully, there will be a 4g iPhone available from Verizon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeathOfLife View Post
    They Lower My Bill From 190 To 145 Because I Said I'm Gonna Switch If They Keep Charging Me To Crazy
    Honestly, give AT&T a call and tell them exactly that. I called em and flat out asked em, what can you do for me that would make me want to stay w/ AT&T instead of switching? I'm now paying $100 for a family plan w/ TWO phones running 1400 roll over mins and the same data plan I was grandfathered in. Was paying $198 after taxes....

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orozcoj4 View Post
    I really don't think we'll see a mass exodus of AT&T iPhone 4 users to Verizon. The ETF is way to high. I think most will wait until their contracts are up at which time, hopefully, there will be a 4g iPhone available from Verizon.
    Well my three contracts are up this month. And AT&T has sent me 2 different emails and home mail why I should stay. Truth is if it is cheaper than the bill I pay now. Why wouldn't I go
    I Like Eletronics

Thanks

What a lot of people fail to realize is that Verizon is high as hell too, just cuz they are getting the phone doesn't mean its necessarily the best option.....only real problem i have with ATT is them capping the Data....but then again its not my personal problem since im grandfathered into Unlimited

I really don't get any dropped calls maybe one or two every couple of months...not to mention ATT network is faster but not as big...

not defending, just putting my two cent's in, im sure someone will totally disagree...
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Green Apple
    Thanks
    New ad "begs" users not to switch?

"Begs"? Yeah... not quite.

Thanks

A friend of mine who works at AT&T said they have no plans(that he knows of) to discount, price change or try to "even the odds" in keeping customers besides begging us to stay...but he did give me a suggestion that sounded promising...iPhone 4 users should tell AT&T you want the iPhone 5 at upgrade price or you're going to verizon...he said "that's your best bet at working something out"......

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone I know (and there's plenty with iPhones) aren't switching and neither am I. Too all that want to go please do... that way I can get some more speed on this network

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    Everyone I know (and there's plenty with iPhones) aren't switching and neither am I. Too all that want to go please do... that way I can get some more speed on this network
    +1

Thanks

I hope a bunch of people jump ship, more 3G for me
    "We don't need bullets, We need Pie's"

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    A friend of mine who works at AT&T said they have no plans(that he knows of) to discount, price change or try to "even the odds" in keeping customers besides begging us to stay...but he did give me a suggestion that sounded promising...iPhone 4 users should tell AT&T you want the iPhone 5 at upgrade price or you're going to verizon...he said "that's your best bet at working something out"......
    Getting the 4g i5 at upgrade price? Sounds too good to be true, but **** it'd be sweet.