+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Displays Surface

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This will be disappointing if true. Right now they just have a display in their possession that they believe is an iPad2 screen. There is an unconfirmed comment on the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

This will be disappointing if true. Right now they just have a display in their possession that they believe is an iPad2 screen. There is an unconfirmed comment on the report that says part of the model number, x02 or 02, should indicate a xga, sxga, or wxga size (xga is 1024x768, qxga is 2048x1536). I'm not sure if that's true or not, as I've found other LG wxga displays with different identifiers like W01 and WX4 (example), although that doesn't disprove it. Would still be good to see something that ties it to being an iPad 2 part, or confirmation of the resolution.

They should try hooking it up to an original iPad and see what comes up.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I hope it's not true too

Thanks

Agreed

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds like it's like from iPhone 3G to 3GS except for the camera additions. More RAM and better processor ect

Thanks

Another unfortunate point against a high res screen is the rear camera. At the rumored 1MP resolution, its being said that it's for augmented reality apps. If we were getting a 3MP screen, shouldn't it have a 3MP AR camera?
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope the back of the iPad 2 is not beveled and lays flat like the iPhone 4 that would be sweet too. Plus thinner. But this resolution is crap if its true.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    Who cares about a better display, iPad 2 is going to be the shiznittle bam snip-snap-sack
    Agreed. And half baked!!!

Thanks

No retina display? RIM play book here i come! or Xoom!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by powa View Post
    No retina display? RIM play book here i come! or Xoom!
    Yeah because those have Retina displays.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (02-02-2011), Sem656 (02-02-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,677 Times in 828 Posts

Technologically, Apple is about 2 years ahead of the competition. It looks like that gap isn't going to close any time soon.

Personally, I'll wait on the Retina Display. After using my r-display for the last 5 months, when I look at the iPad display it's incredibly pixelated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamutman View Post
    Agreed. And half baked!!!
    That explains a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Technologically, Apple is about 2 years ahead of the competition. It looks like that gap isn't going to close any time soon.

Personally, I'll wait on the Retina Display. After using my r-display for the last 5 months, when I look at the iPad display it's incredibly pixelated.
    aren't they only a little over a year ahead?
    Last edited by Sem656; 02-02-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Yeah because those have Retina displays.
    For me to get a new iPad, it will have to have something that sets it clearly better than the new competition. A high res display would do that for me. Playing catch-up with the processor and RAM would not. Since I already have an iPad, a new tablet would be a great opportunity for me to get a better look at the competition's features with an h-comb Android tablet.

Before the iP4 came out, I was very very close to switching to a droid or a galaxy s. But I waited and gave Apple an opportunity to significantly upgrade their product and wow me with the hardware. Which they did. We'll see how things go when they announce the new pad. I'm kind of surprised they haven't at least announced the announcement yet.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Dual core CPU, dual core GPU, 2 cameras, 512MB RAM, and thinner overall design. Sounds like just enough to make me upgrade but not quite enough to make me giddy... typical
    Seriously why not make it 1GB RAM to make everybody happy? For a device that size I'm sure Apple can make retina display happen as well. Apple always holding out on their customers.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 02-02-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJ NiveK View Post
    who cares honestly?
    Who doesn't care?? It's the iPad 2

I hope it's 3D ready
    Last edited by CX3NT3_713; 02-02-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Seriously why not make it 1GB RAM to make everybody happy? For a device that size I'm sure Apple can make retina display happen as well. Apple always holding out on their customers.
    First of all iOS is a lot more efficient than all other mobile OS so it doesn't NEED 1GB RAM. Why not give it 8GB of RAM if you want to make that argument. There is a point of diminishing return where more doesn't equal better. It's a balancing act between cost/performance/overkill. Just because Apple CAN put a better display and more RAM doesn't mean it's cost effective at this moment at a $499 entry level price point. Lastly Apple's business model dictates that they don't upgrade too much too soon for fear that if they do there won't be much in the ways of upgrade the next year which would prevent their customer base from buying their annual refresh.

Doesn't take much to think critically about things and realize why a business does what they do. They exist for profit and profit alone... not to make the super tech nerds on these blogs happy. (yes I am included in that statement haha)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

who cares honestly?
    You know what????? I do. To me that's the biggest selling point for me purchasing another iPad. So there you have it.... Someone who does care!!!

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    My thoughts too
    Hey look Stealth!!! We obviously weren't the only ones wishing the next Gen iPad would have a slight decrease in weight. Like I said previously in another thread.... The weight of my current iPad doesn't bother me. If it were a little lighter I would definitely enjoy it though.

However, I would also enjoy some of the other rumored features as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dj nivek View Post
    who cares honestly?
    i do care because it is a must or i will wait another year to buy ipad 3.

Green Apple
    Thanks

who cares honestly?
    Apparently you do, by posting.

I might actually consider getting the iPad 2 once it comes out, as being an early adopter for the first generation iPhone. I wanted to wait until the iPad was more matured and polished.

Thanks
    I will buy the 1st gen iPad when the 2g comes out ! Hopefully when the 2g comes out the 1g price will drop, then I could afford one.