+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMi at Macworld: Scosche myTrek Pulse Rate Monitor Coming This Summer

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default MMi at Macworld: Scosche myTrek Pulse Rate Monitor Coming This Summer

Scosche has a full line of iOS accessories, but the new myTrek pulse rate monitor is one of the more innovative devices that I saw at this yearís show. You wear it on your forearm and it tracks your pulse rate with a companion app on your iPhone or iPod Touch. It will be available this summer for $149.95. When you strap it to your arm, the myTrek monitor establishes a Bluetooth connection when you turn it on and begins transmitting data to your iPhone right away.

The monitor syncs up with the free myTrek app to monitor your pulse rate, workouts and tracks your progress. It also displays an active graph of your pulse rate and the current workout mode that you are on. You can access your iTunes library as well, so you donít have to leave the app when you want to listen to your favorite workout playlists. The buttons on the device can be used to control the app, or they can be used to control music playback as well.

At this yearís Macworld Expo, the usual array of interesting new Apple products could be found at every turn, but it was nice to see one company taking an interest in the health and fitness of their customers. When you walk around the floor of the show all day, you do burn quite a few calories, but I would hardly call it a workout. If you enjoy a good workout, however, then the myTrek pulse monitor is a great companion to help you do so more efficiently. Now if it would just stop snowing for a while so I could go for a run.

Source: Scosche

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

javiert30 (02-01-2011), The_13th_Plague (02-01-2011)

Banned
    Thanks

This is a worthless price of junk. If you want to see your heart rate, you probably have some sort of condition and should talk to your doctor. Not your iPhone.

MacWorld is full of junk. I don't see how this stands out among all the other garbage you've shown us here. No offense to the author, but no one really cares about Macworld.

For $150, I could buy myself another iPod.
    Last edited by TheJailbreakGenius; 02-01-2011 at 06:16 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    This is a worthless price of junk.
    I wouldn't go that far... If someone is an iPhone/iPod Touch enthusiast and a health-junkie, this is perfect for them.

This is clever, but I doubt that it will make them an immense amount of coin.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jcbzr For This Useful Post:

The_13th_Plague (02-01-2011)

Thanks

This seems to be on target with what an avid runner/biker/trainer would like as a workout companion. Especially the app. Adding the music controls to the armband makes it just that much more useful. As touched on by Jcbzr, hopefully the price doesn't hinder this from being a viable option.
    Last edited by The_13th_Plague; 02-01-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a worthless price of junk. If you want to see your heart rate, you probably have some sort of condition and should talk to your doctor. Not your iPhone.

MacWorld is full of junk. I don't see how this stands out among all the other garbage you've shown us here. No offense to the author, but no one really cares about Macworld.

Did you know that when you exercise, depending of your heart bit is the effect that the exercise are going to do with your body? Did you know that monitoring your heart bit you can know if with that exercise you are warming up, burning fat or doing cardio? Without that knowledge you can be thinking that you are doing exercise to burn fat, when what you are really is doing is cardio. Im not saying that you need to exercise Im just letting you know one of the useful things this can do. Its not because you have an heart decease.

Another thing, you can not say that no one really cares about Macworld, did you made a survey or something about it? How you know that? I think that you like this product, but what you don't like is Macworld.

Thanks to the author for this, now we all know something new. The purpose of him is to keep us informed, he's not telling you that you need to buy this. Thats your opinion and we respect that, but it don't means that everybody here need to think like you think. Some people hate Macworld some of them don't. Not everybody like you said.
    Last edited by javiert30; 02-01-2011 at 09:04 AM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Green Apple
    Thanks

Your entitled to your opinion, but to say it's a worthless piece of junk is completely off. It may not be something useful to you, but this device stands among other heart rate monitors that cost much more. Heart rate monitors are very useful for accurately counting your calories, and that shouldn't be "made fun of" because that can be important to some.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

First - As a long distance runner NO ONE wants 35 lbs worth of "stuff" on them when they are running, a nano and water is more than enough weight for people

Second - Again WILEY, Why are you posting worthless stuff, about crap no one is going to buy, I'm tired of waking up in the morning and checking MMI to find this crap on here ... No one cares about a Batman USB Drive, or a Cassette Tape Cover, I want to know when the next JB is coming out, or the next great app on cydia.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    First - As a long distance runner NO ONE wants 35 lbs worth of "stuff" on them when they are running, a nano and water is more than enough weight for people

Second - Again WILEY, Why are you posting worthless stuff, about crap no one is going to buy, I'm tired of waking up in the morning and checking MMI to find this crap on here ... No one cares about a Batman USB Drive, or a Cassette Tape Cover, I want to know when the next JB is coming out, or the next great app on cydia.
    Who stepped on your balls?

This is news, maybe not particularly interesting to particular individuals, but news nonetheless. The staff writers do their best to inform us of what new and innovative technology is being/going to be released.

Nobody wants to hear a baby cry.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

-OR- ...possibly some quality time what that chick on the corner

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    -OR- ...possibly some quality time what that chick on the corner
    now we are talking!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post

not sure how either feel like you can speak for the rest of us here about what we want to read, there is a reason that these new posts have titles, so you can see what its about.

and how often does a jailbreak come out, or that we even know exactly whens thats going to be, you would only have maybe a few posts about that in the last two months, next time dont put in your two sense, how are the rest of us suppose to know what is at the show if we didnt go.

This is actually a good idea like someoned mentioned. if your into iOS devices and working out its a good investment. knowing your heart rate is important to some people, and having it all in one with your ipod saves room. better than having your watch ipod and some require a chest strap
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Green Apple
    Thanks

35lbs? Give me a break. That's most likely how much overweight you are. If your just waiting on JB/Cydia apps why don't you stick to twitter.