+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VoiceActivator Tweak Coming to Cydia

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI Never really used voice control, wasn't accurate enough for me and I feel embarrassing in public. But this is definitely great news. It is a little
    My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI View Post
    Never really used voice control, wasn't accurate enough for me and I feel embarrassing in public. But this is definitely great news.
    It is a little embarrassing, but this would be awesome though to launch apps and what not

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abcdecals View Post
    Thanks!I won't upgrade until there is a jailbreak involved.
    Um, I'm on 4.1 and jailbroken, I thought you could have an untethered jailbreak on 4.1, something probably changed since I did it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,017 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moosestache View Post
    Um, I'm on 4.1 and jailbroken, I thought you could have an untethered jailbreak on 4.1, something probably changed since I did it.
    ^ you can, use limera1n or greenpois0n

Green Apple
    Thanks
    How do I get 4.1 jailbroken? what the process to do it from 4.0 jailbroken?
    is it worth it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

This app is awesome... This is a function the iPhone ought to have natively. If you drive alot and have a Bluetooth headset this app is well worth five bucks. Great job by the devs. Would be cool if you could put spoken text into the clipboard though. I don't see why you couldn't do it since the app is capable of speaking back to you. That way you could put addresses into google maps or navigon via voice. Already it's sweet to be able to launch navigon but it would be even better if I could say "copy... 1234 fifth street Fargo north Dakota" then "navigon", click on google search and say "paste".

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

yea very slick

Green Apple
    Thanks

@virtualcappy

I would recommend Dragon Dictation from the app store. it is free, and for a long time I've had activator set the "short hold" of the home button to launch it, then it dictates at the press of a button (you need data, but my TMo edge suffices to translate voice to text).
    Finally it provides a way to send a text or email from within the app, or simply copy the text to clipboard.

I liked it better in the first release where it would actually switch to the SMS/mail app and open a blank message.

anyway, so now you can just launch it, dictate-copy to clipboard, then use voice activator to switch to ur intended app and paste.

Thanks

I have both dragon and vlingo, vlingo is much much easier to use to send texts and emails.

No one has said why voiceactivator is better then vlingo yet. I click on vlingo hit the speak button say text mat hello, hit end and then send. I'm done. I say google and it opens up google on my browser. I say find pizza hut and it gives me the phone number and a map to pizza hut. Not sure what else I need it to do, maybe someone can enlighten me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I use VoiceActivator with my Bluetooth, in the car I say Pandora and it opens and plays in my car speakers.

Thanks

But you hit the voice activator button then when it starts up you say pandora right? So how is that better than hitting the pandora button?

Green Apple
    Thanks

With a Bluetooth headset you can just reach up and hit the activator button on your ear. I'd argue that even without it it's easier to just hold the hold button and speak while driving than to scroll through app icons. I also hate the ios multitask aspect that the turn by turn continues when you close the app... What a ridiculous idea to have apps "always background". It's a pain in the neck to have to double click then hit the little x while driving to shut the directions off when you're done. I use sbsettings removebg and this works well with voice activator.

The key advantage of va over vlngo is it's ability to open apps/urls and carry out sbsettings functions. It's extremely versatile... I think I'll find more and more uses for it.

Thanks

Oh I get it, I don't do the bluetooth bit but that would certainly be easier. Can you do an email or text with it, by saying text Mike hello, and have it text or email someone directly? That's what I find I use the VR stuff the most for.

Thanks

I am sure everyone know this but i also found you could extend VA with URL schemes which make it that much more convenient to use. Couple of examples

To open an SMS to a specific person
    1) Use URL - sms:tel_number (ie sms:8005551212)

To open an email to a specific person
    1) Use URL - mailto:emailaddress (ie mailto:[email protected])
    2) Multiple recipients use URL - mailto:emailaddress1,emailaddress2 (ie mailto:[email protected],[email protected]) Or (mailto:[email protected]?cc=[email protected])
    3) Add a precanned subject use URL - mailto:emailaddress?&subject=subject_matter (ie mailto:[email protected]?&subject=Hello)
    4) Add precanned body text use URL - mailto:emailaddress?&subject=subject_matter&body=body_text (ie mailto:[email protected]?&subject=Hello&body=Where%20have%20you%20been?

To open Navigon to a specific address to go Navigate:
    1) Use URL - navigon://YourAppName[this is a placeholder,dont have to change it]%7CPOI%7CCountry-FederalState%7CPostal/Zip%7CCity%7CStreet%7CHouseNumber%7CLongitude%7CLa titude (ie navigon://YourAppName%7CApple%7CUSA-CA%7C95014%7CCupertino%7CInfinite Loop%7C1%7C-122.031906%7C37.330908

To open TomTom to a specific location (although you can just use coordinates)
    1) Use URL - tomtomhome:geo:action=show&lat=40.785229&long=-73.980530&name=424%2520West%2520End%2520Ave,%2520New%2520Yor k%2520NY

To Open Facebook to specific pages:
    fb://profile – Open Facebook app to the user’s profile
    fb://friends – Open Facebook app to the friends list
    fb://notifications – Open Facebook app to the notifications list
    fb://feed – Open Facebook app to the News Feed
    fb://events – Open Facebook app to the Events page
    fb://requests – Open Facebook app to the Requests list
    fb://notes- Open Facebook app to the Notes page
    fb://albums – - Open Facebook app to Photo Albums list

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dharris For This Useful Post:

Mosschopz (02-16-2011)

Thanks

Ok, I guess I am confused, what do I do with VA if I want to text someone and I don't want to type anything? Once I have it set up, I guess, if I want to text someone a non canned message what do i have to do?

Thanks

Cant right now.

Here is how i would think about it. vLingo (along with many other apps like Google, Bing, etc) allow you to voice search for things in google or search on a map. vLingo also supports updating facebook and twitter via voice as well (although i never use it for that). The "killer" vLingo feature is ability to do voice SMS and voice email although they are a combined $10 add-on. This is what you asked above.

VoiceActivator extends Voice Control. VC as it exists on iphone today lets you use voice to call contact, play an album/artist/playlist on ipod, and ask for the time. VA extends this by allowing you to control many other parts of the iPhone. You can voice launch any app, control your settings like using your voice to turn off bluetooth, wifi, 3G, take a screenshot, turn off the phone, etc. When VA launches an app, some apps support further action. For instance, Navigon and TomTom allow you to specify a URL to launch a specific place to navigate to. This can all be set in VA. Other apps like facebook allow you to open FB to a specific section. And then of course VA can be set to open specific web sites that you visit often (distinct from searching in google; this is when you know where you want to go to - ie I use to navigate to the different specific forums i follow. Much quicker than opening up browser, finding the right forum in my saved bookmarks, and navigating to it).

Personally I use vLingo and VA. The two of those save me tremendous time with typing. I use them equally as much.

Hope that helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh my God I can't wait! Can I have a demo version now please!?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,017 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmcelroy View Post
    Oh my God I can't wait! Can I have a demo version now please!?
    It's already been released...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks alot for these how did you figure the sat nav urls - they rock! My coordinates however are a bit off, even when taken from within the Tomtom app! Can you show me an example address then how to enter it if possible - have you found any more?? Seriously loving this though.

Thanks

this looks AMAZING, but I have one problem: Depends gsc.armv7 . I've heard it before on some other stuff, but i'm not sure on how to fix it... help anyone, because this looks amazing!?

BUMP, I really wanna know this!
    Last edited by mobyguy77; 02-22-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234