Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VoiceActivator Tweak Coming to Cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My voice control app says Speak Biatch (I can't put what it actually says, but you can guess) instead of Voice control

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

This looks amazing. I think it'd be better if the whole voice command process wasnt so lengthy though. It seems kind of cumbersome being at one screen, holding the home button for 3 second, having another screen pop-up, that one closing and then opening up to a new screen. Maybe if the status bar came down and was blue for voice commands and then after you spoke it just went away, like with audio recording. Great tweak tho!
    iLive an iLife

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie-Mac For This Useful Post:

justinpotter81 (01-30-2011)

A blind person could still get a ton of functionality out of the iphone, thats awesome

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

I would rather want a tweak to activate voice control with a voice command (not haveing to push the home button everytime)
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to madczech For This Useful Post:

I love the Metroid Prime music.

Thanks
    Great job! Keep it up.

Now that is cool. i never use voice control but i would start after a new tweak like this

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    I love the Metroid Prime music.
    U noticed it too Lol took me a while since I haven't played it in a while :P

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

<-- Wants it !!!

Ohh look some news that actually applies to this website, Anyone else tired of "Wiley" and his stupid accessory stories?

Great thing here, I look forward to the day people just think and it happens but for now we have voice control. This is great though, "Pr0n" then zoom straight to Safari for some fun

13. The Following User Says Thank You to piston597 For This Useful Post:

Gustavo Saliola (01-30-2011)

Will I be able to use this tweak with an iPhone 3G? I just SSH'd voice control on it.
    "Ain't no blockin' my shine, like my new Air Yeezys you can see me in the nighttime."

Wow, a utility that over complicates the simple gesture of poking an app to activate it by first selecting another middle-man app and then giving it orders just to accomplish what you could have done 34secs ago. Not surprised that someone would write a program like this though, i am however surprised at all you folks you are psyched about this..USELESS

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cafier For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (01-31-2011)

Bring proswitcher to 4.2.1 !

This tweak looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cafier View Post
    Wow, a utility that over complicates the simple gesture of poking an app to activate it by first selecting another middle-man app and then giving it orders just to accomplish what you could have done 34secs ago. Not surprised that someone would write a program like this though, i am however surprised at all you folks you are psyched about this..USELESS
    Exactly.

I'm struggling to see why I would open cydia this way rather than just poke the cydia icon.

The whole invoking process needs to be faster, like an activator motion for activating voice control.

As someone said, it would be useful if we could carry out complicated tasks like adding calander events, or composing text messages.

And is it just me, or did anyone else find the voice in the video incredibly freaky?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to carlbgc For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    This looks amazing. I think it'd be better if the whole voice command process wasnt so lengthy though. It seems kind of cumbersome being at one screen, holding the home button for 3 second, having another screen pop-up, that one closing and then opening up to a new screen. Maybe if the status bar came down and was blue for voice commands and then after you spoke it just went away, like with audio recording. Great tweak tho!
    Great point, I wonder if voice command could be tweaked to work with activator? A swipe of the finger then give the voice command. That would be sweet.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

very nice idea, I like I like. paid or free we ask?
    EDIT:
    watched the video and it says available in the cydia store so I think that answers my question

Great tweak! Congrats!

PD.: This guy voice in some commands made me think on "Kano wins" or "Flawless Victory".

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Daniel Ash View Post

The developer behind a number of popular Cydia titles is getting ready to release a new voice control tweak that greatly extends native iOS functionality. Grant (@chpwn) Paul, who developed ProSwitcher with @Ryan Petrich, is previewing his upcoming VoiceActivator tweak via a YouTube video he's posted on Twitter.

Many people who have used Voice Control on the iPhone have noticed the severe limitations of the app. If you want to do anything more than make voice or FaceTime calls, listen music or find out what time it is, Voice Control isn't going to be much help to you. What VoiceActivator does is give you a speech interface to @rpetrich's Activator, so you can use voice commands to do any action that Activator supports, like launching apps and opening webpages. In the video, @chpwn shows off how you can use VoiceActivator to take a screen shot.

It's only been a little over a month since @chpwn asked people if they'd be interested in such an app, so the response was apparently good enough to motivate him. Much as the ProSwitcher app presaged iOS 4 multitasking, this tweak might be a preview of things to come: Apple has been hiring top voice recognition talent and may be adding functionality like this to future versions of iOS. jailbreakers, as usual, won't have to wait that long: @chpwn says he hopes VoiceActivator will be up on Cydia this week.

Source: Twitter
    What I would like is for it to do what Nokia did all along which is you can train the phone to recognize your command for voice dial. This minimizes errors.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Moving forward! I'm looking forward to the day when Apple releases voice to text on the iPhone! I think they would do a tremendous job with it, just like multi-tasking and copy/paste.
    There's an app called Dragon Dictation, it's a voice to text app and after it's put what you said down you can copy/paste it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast