+ Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev-Team Confirms Untethered redsn0w for Windows

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by orozcoj4 This may be one noobs humble opinion but it appears that Apple is winning the "cat and mouse" game. It seems like forever since 4.2.1 came
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orozcoj4 View Post
    This may be one noobs humble opinion but it appears that Apple is winning the "cat and mouse" game. It seems like forever since 4.2.1 came out and yet an untethered jailbreak for most idevices still isn't readily available. Don't get me wrong, I know Devs work hard but it seems that Apple's anti jailbreaking measures are working to a degree.
    I think it's more about the dev team holding out on their breaks now. No need to release things too early and make them unusable for 4.3.
    You always want to make sure things are released at the right time.. if they would release their things for 4.2.1 now, the holes would most likely have been resolved by the time 4.3 (final) is released to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

If I was a dev reading some peoples ungrateful comments I would quit and tell everyone to pound sand up their bums
    I totally agree with you on this point, people are extremely ungrateful towards the dev team.

People have to realize that these guys do all of this for free and all they ever expect is a simple thanks. But all they get from people (/douches) are complaints on how slow they are making things work.

If we don't start thanking the dev teams what most likely will happen is that they will get sick of doing it and quit releasing things to us.
    Last edited by Qiqq3r; 01-29-2011 at 02:26 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

On my Cydia it's says "SHSH: 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.2b3.". But the only time I remember actually saving my SHSH was for 4.0.1. Am I good to go for this next jb? I'm still on 4.0.1. jb on BB 01.59.00. How would I retrieve 4.1 for the new untethered jb?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    You can jailbreak tethered.
    But still no untethered?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cetanmani View Post
    But still no untethered?
    Yes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Late421 View Post
    I'm currently on 4.1 right now, the only blobs stored on Cydia for me are 4.2.1, is there a possible way for me to get the 4.1 blobs at this point?
    Nope, Apple isn't signing 4.1 anymore .

As far as the iPad, it would be nice if they just kept it working with 4.2b3 which they used to build and test this jailbreak (with the iPad too). I get the impression this might not be the case with the legal status of beta firmware distribution, but it's technically possible so we can hope.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
    On my Cydia it's says "SHSH: 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.2b3.". But the only time I remember actually saving my SHSH was for 4.0.1. Am I good to go for this next jb? I'm still on 4.0.1. jb on BB 01.59.00. How would I retrieve 4.1 for the new untethered jb?
    I think Cydia automaticly saves your blobs if you have that setting chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetanmani View Post
    But still no untethered?
    So far there is only untethered available for iPhone 3g and iPod 2g.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It does seem like a more practical jailbreak is available in much less time and worse still an unlock, i know jb's and unlocks are held back i see clearly why but i do still think apple are winning,the fact they are held back gives apple bonus points + attention etc etc

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Us folks who either got a warranty replacement from Apple, or bought a new phone already on 4.2.1 will just have to keep hanging on by the look of it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qiqq3r View Post
    I think Cydia automaticly saves your blobs if you have that setting chosen.

So far there is only untethered available for iPhone 3g and iPod 2g.
    Thanks for the info

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's not even for 4.2.1 so I don't care.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
    You can use tinyumbrella, but redsn0w gets the 4.1 SHSH blob from Cydia (which Cydia saves automatically for your convenience).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p3eps View Post
    Us folks who either got a warranty replacement from Apple, or bought a new phone already on 4.2.1 will just have to keep hanging on by the look of it
    This is supposedly supposed to work with the 4.3 firmware coming out soon so maybe you wont have to wait for long. Just make sure you have the blobs saved for 4.2.1 cause thats what it will use. Musclenerd said it wasnt too complicated to port it to the 4.3 b so we will see. As always a thank you goes out to all the devs involved in the jb scene.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by obtrunco View Post
    Kind of an ignorant and really unnecessary comment.
    And for the other part, it is for 4.2.1

Thanks

mines got replace too.,. Lost all my saved SHSH's

Quote Originally Posted by qiqq3r View Post
    kind of an ignorant and really unnecessary comment.
    And for the other part, it is for 4.2.1
    lmao
    Last edited by CX3NT3_713; 01-29-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by obtrunco View Post
    Um actually this is for 4.2.1 it just uses the monte way of jailbreaking. A way of tricking the boot than sliding in 4.2.1 at the last minute. It just uses the 4.1 firmware which you need the blobs for.

Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
    mines got replace too.,. Lost all my saved SHSH's

lmao
    Me too but I got lucky and got a refurbished previously jailbroken iPhone 4 that Cydia already had the blobs for.
    Last edited by Ngmead; 01-29-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default General comments
    I agree it's taken a long time to get a jailbreak but I think we need to be mindful that
    the members of the dev team have a life outside of this and we are essentially receiving
    a much needed jailbreak free of charge and no work on our behalf.

As an aside, I'm curious about how and if this will work for the iPad as there was no
    4.1 version. Will there be a separate jailbreak with a 3.2.2 Monte?

For this people who have not saved their 4.1 blobs my understanding is that you cannot downgrade which means that a significant number of people will still not be able to jailbreak their idevice. with this final release.

I could be mistaken, but greenpois0n RC5 may not rely upon having previosly saved shsh blobs and will also be untethered.

I hope 4.2.1 can be jail broken and untethered but the release of 4.3 which is just around the corner. Furthermore, by releasing this jailbreak now, this will allow apple to provide a patch on the final version of the 4.3 release..

Is it worth it to have possibly burn an exploit (I dont know if this is the case) to provide a jailbreak people will use for maybe 3 weeks until iOS 4.3 is released.

Any comments?

Thanks

"I hope 4.2.1 can be jail broken and untethered but the release of 4.3 which is just around the corner. Furthermore, by releasing this jailbreak now, this will allow apple to provide a patch on the final version of the 4.3 release..

Is it worth it to have possibly burn an exploit (I dont know if this is the case) to provide a jailbreak people will use for maybe 3 weeks until iOS 4.3 is released. "
    @ rickhi123 this way of jailbreaking cant be patched according to Musclenerd so it doesnt matter if its released now.

Thanks

face it folks, apple has stepped the game up big time

there wont be an untethered for fresh 4.2.1, probably ever

there PROBABLY wont be a 4.3 untethered when 4.3 is released

and there is no soft unlock for 2.10 / 3.10 comming right away

only light in the tunnell is CDMA WorkShop, a cdma flashing tool that is already flashing similar chipsets to the upcoming iphone 5 and verizon iphone (qualcomm?)

so chances are the cdma iphones will get flashed fairly quick
    (cricket, ghettro pcs, probably NOT sprint)

be greatful for what you can get and dont buy phones expecting there will be utilities readily available to jailbreak/unlock your phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickhi123 View Post
    Is it worth it to have possibly burn an exploit (I dont know if this is the case) to provide a jailbreak people will use for maybe 3 weeks until iOS 4.3 is released.
    From my understanding, the release of iOS 4.3 will take more than 3 weeks, this might not be because Apple isn't done with it within the time, but more because of the fight between the Dev team.

Apple will without a doubt hold on releasing it for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by stfudvs View Post
    there wont be an untethered for fresh 4.2.1, probably ever

there PROBABLY wont be a 4.3 untethered when 4.3 is released
    I think you are extremely wrong.
    The whole story is more about holding on current security holes than not having an untethered jailbreak available.
    Last edited by Qiqq3r; 01-29-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qiqq3r View Post
    From my understanding, the release of iOS 4.3 will take more than 3 weeks, this might not be because Apple isn't done with it within the time, but more because of the fight between the Dev team.

Apple will without a doubt hold on releasing it for as long as possible.
    Doesnt matter supposedly according to Muscle nerd this way cant be patched. I could be wrong though guess we will see.