+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Rolls Out Countdown Clock to 3:00 am February 3rd iPhone Launch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
At midnight on Friday, Verizon published a teaser splash page on its website to promote the forthcoming launch of the Verizon iPhone. In less than one week, preorders for the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Verizon Rolls Out Countdown Clock to 3:00 am February 3rd iPhone Launch

At midnight on Friday, Verizon published a teaser splash page on its website to promote the forthcoming launch of the Verizon iPhone. In less than one week, preorders for the Verizon iPhone will commence. And according to the new page, Verizon customers can make their long awaited purchase at 3:00 am EST on February 3rd.

Although Verizon had previously notified business customers of the middle-of-the-night launch, the freshly unveiled webpage is the first time Verizon has openly plugged the 3:00 am launch to the masses. Verizon is even doing so with an obligatory countdown clock that heralds the forthcoming - and long awaited - arrival of Apple's hugely popular touchscreen smartphone on a carrier that isn't AT&T.

So why 3:00 am, you ask? On the surface, it's all about fairness. 3:00 am EST represents the earliest possible time that February 3rd has officially arrived across the entire continental United States. But the truth may very well be that a late night roll out reduces the chances of Verizon's website crashing when the flood gates initially open. After all, millions of Verizon customers are expected to purchase iPhones within the next 30 days - a massive number of which will likely do so at the earliest possible opportunity. For this reason, the Verizon website reminds visitors that the Verizon iPhone 4 will only be available on a "first come, first serve" basis.

Verizon

Thanks

I'll be glad when this hype is over!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

+1

Please all of you ******** about at&t, make the switch!! No more reading post after post about how crappy at&t is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rkswat For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (01-31-2011)

Thanks

Our AT&T service will improve as more subscribers leave AT&T and join Verizon lol

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    +1

Please all of you ******** about at&t, make the switch!! No more reading post after post about how crappy at&t is.
    I think most users here are quite content with AT&T and actually prefer their service over VZW. IMO. But by all means, feel free to go to VZW and increase AT&T's bandwidth just a little bit more

Green Apple
    Thanks

ah who cares

Thanks

Verizon is going to fail on this one.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm one of the Verizon customers that have been waiting for the iPhone and it is a big hype. How would you at&t iPhone users feel without your iPhones..... Exactly so yes for me I'm stoooooked!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    I'm one of the Verizon customers that have been waiting for the iPhone and it is a big hype. How would you at&t iPhone users feel without your iPhones..... Exactly so yes for me I'm stoooooked!!!
    I would just switch carriers? Simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone 4.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I would just switch carriers? Simple as that.

Yea, I agree. Commonsense FTW

Thanks

I think most have to admit based on where you live, Verizon probably has the best service. Im a phone junkie (had every flagship on att and verizon) and nothing sucks more than not having a sim card you can swap to any phone at any given time, or the ability to use voice and data simultaneously. I have att and verizon so Im not biased to any carrier. If I had unlimited data I would gladly stay with att but the lack of forces me to cancel my att iphone contract. I know I will hate not being able to tether and talk at the same time or search the web, but the simple fact that I can have unlimited data is a #WIN. I will take what I have experienced as better service and unlimited data with verizon over capped data along the ability to do voice and talk simultaneously.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dscottjr81 View Post
    I think most have to admit based on where you live, Verizon probably has the best service. Im a phone junkie (had every flagship on att and verizon) and nothing sucks more than not having a sim card you can swap to any phone at any given time, or the ability to use voice and data simultaneously. I have att and verizon so Im not biased to any carrier. If I had unlimited data I would gladly stay with att but the lack of forces me to cancel my att iphone contract. I know I will hate not being able to tether and talk at the same time or search the web, but the simple fact that I can have unlimited data is a #WIN. I will take what I have experienced as better service and unlimited data with verizon over capped data along the ability to do voice and talk simultaneously.
    There is a guy that works for AT&T on this link below, that will restore your unlimited data for a fee of 65 Bucks...Might be worth it, but also there is a hack that you can do if you have an iphone 2g also. Thought i would share

How to Get Your iPhone Back on AT&T’s Unlimited Data Plan

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I love how threads like this have now turned into "I can't wait for ATT to have their 'pipes' open up when all the noobs leave and give me more bandwidth". This may be the case, but people like to say anything and everything, even if it has been said a thousand times before, just so they can prove to themselves they are making the right decision...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

A**-Holes just leave AT&T I don't give a damn my network is fast enough for me. At least I can call and get on the Internet hahahahah

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination View Post
    A**-Holes just leave AT&T I don't give a damn my network is fast enough for me. At least I can call and get on the Internet hahahahah
    Data + calling FTW!

Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    With the latest JB news, drop your At&t and pick up a tethered JB option as well........... What a joy!
    Yes True.

Thanks

Think About It People...Are You Willing To Spend Over 500 bucks to switch to verizon...then when all the iPhone users get on the network it's it's gonna slow down like AT&T. Although it's a "TAD" faster than AT&T. If you guys really want Speed just wait for the iPhone 5 on Att new 4G network.

Words From Assassination

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Data + calling FTW!

o Yeah, more useful than you think
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Dear Verizon, thanks for not publicly informing us that you cannot use voice and data and the same time. Happy contract termination fee :P
    "they're trashing our rights. hack the planet!"