+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More Evidence of "e-wallet" Capabilities in iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Good stuff. I would think you would have to enter a PIN to allow your phone/app to make a transaction. So even if someone stole your phone they wouldn't be
    Thanks

Good stuff. I would think you would have to enter a PIN to allow your phone/app to make a transaction. So even if someone stole your phone they wouldn't be able to charge anything to your account without knowing the pin you assigned to that card.. However if they stole your wallet.. They could.

So say you have your VISA or check card set up in the app. You open the VISA and it asks for your PIN. After you enter the PIN you can then see the VISA card including the number. You can then use the number to punch in for online transactions or if you are close to one of these readers they will talk to each other and all you have to do it "approve" the transaction. Very Cool.

I was just reading last week how Children born today will never wear wristwatches or use plastic credit cards atc.. Probably true. I like the idea, I'm already using the Starbucks gift card app to buy stuff at Starbucks, and it's very convenient.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TronixGT View Post

I was just reading last week how Children born today will never wear wristwatches or use plastic credit cards atc.. Probably true. I like the idea, I'm already using the Starbucks gift card app to buy stuff at Starbucks, and it's very convenient.
    Next upgrade use it to order. Do away with the till girl. Sorry being negative. It's a great idea just not totally practical. I'm all for using it for tickets just don't think I'd like to use it to buy my shopping or my beer

Thanks
    Thanked 9,534 Times in 5,852 Posts

It's about time, looking forward to this. As I always have my phone in hand or easily accessed, instead of fumbling around in my purse for my wallet. So for me it makes sense. It's about time we caught up with this technology, Japan has had his for years.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

metaserph (01-29-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

The UK is already working on the infrastructure for this. As always, "the most developed country in the universe" lags behind like a dog's b___...
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

this would be really cool, you would almost not need a wallet if you could some have your cards saved on your phone and pick which one to use and swip it by the receiver
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12