+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Scosche SolVUE Solar Bluetooth Speakerphone with Caller ID

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Scosche SolVUE Solar Bluetooth Speakerphone with Caller ID

MMi Live @ MacWorld

Scosche, the makers of a full array of iOS accessories have released the SolVUE. If you find the iPhone’s speakerphone lacking, this may be just what you’ve been looking for. The SolVUE is an innovative Bluetooth speakerphone for the iPhone. It features a bright backlight screen that displays Caller ID and has a solar panel on the back of the unit so you’ll never be left high and dry running out of power while on the road.

The SolVUE is the latest in a long line of solar power products from Scosche. The SolVue is the first unit, however, that has a built in screen so you can see who’s trying to call you without having to do more than glance at the screen. The display is bright and clear which is an important feature to have when you’re driving.

In some states, such as California, drivers are required to use a hands free device to talk on the phone. The Scosche SolVue also includes a mounting cradle that has suction cups so you can stick the device to your windshield or alternatively you can also mount it on the sun visor. It retails for about $100. and is available now.

Source: Scosche

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

My boss got to go to MacWorld, all expenses paid by the University...wish I could have gone

I've never really been one for bluetooth devices like headsets, but this looks pretty cool.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    My boss got to go to MacWorld, all expenses paid by the University...wish I could have gone

I've never really been one for bluetooth devices like headsets, but this looks pretty cool.
    It does look slick

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    It does look slick
    Yeah, sounds like its pretty easy to use in the car and the caller ID looks helpful for those, "do I want to answer" moments.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

it does look nice but im also not big on bluetooth devices, ive had one and dont really want to be one of the people that walks around with it on their ear all day, this might be nice though if the mic on it works well, i have a dock in my truck already where i could see the caller id anyway though
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Banned
    Thanks

I used to sell these but refuse to now because they dont work properly. Quit being cheap and buy the parrot model or the one from jawbone. They are noise cancelling and cheaper , not to mention better quality!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been using Motorola T505 bluetooth speakerphone for the past 2 years and it has been great. You mount this device onto your visor. The battery lasts for 14 days and it has a lady's voice with a British accent announcing the caller number when there's a call comes in. It sounds lovely So ... no need to glance at any screen to see the caller ID.

Oh .... it has a built in FM transmitter to connect to your stereo and also has echo/noise reduction. Tried in my buddy's E46 convertible and it worked as advertised.

Neither have I and I will not.

IMO: you look funny to have a "little" thing glued onto one of your ears. I see this one dude who wears his bluetooth during a mass in a church. It annoys me so much to sit behind him. I feel like to smack his head. Who takes a call in a church anyways?? What an idiot!!
    Last edited by Riviera; 01-28-2011 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Riviera For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (01-28-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoRuler View Post
    it does look nice but im also not big on bluetooth devices, ive had one and dont really want to be one of the people that walks around with it on their ear all day, this might be nice though if the mic on it works well, i have a dock in my truck already where i could see the caller id anyway though
    I agree, I see so many ppl walking around on campus with BT headsets in their ears thinking they're so cool, but in reality they look ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    I've been using Motorola T505 bluetooth speakerphone for the past 2 years and it has been great. You mount this device onto your visor. The battery lasts for 14 days and it has a lady's voice with a British accent announcing the caller number when there's a call comes in. It sounds lovely So ... no need to glance at any screen to see the caller ID.

Oh .... it has a built in FM transmitter to connect to your stereo and also has echo/noise reduction. Tried in my buddy's E46 convertible and it worked as advertised.

Neither have I and I will not.

IMO: you look funny to have a "little" thing glued onto one of your ears. I see this one dude who wears his bluetooth during a mass in a church. It annoys me so much to sit behind him. I feel like to smack his head. Who takes a call in a church anyways?? What an idiot!!
    Lol, maybe God called..?
    Last edited by steve-z17; 01-28-2011 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree, I see so many ppl walking around on campus with BT headsets in their ears thinking they're so cool, but in reality they look ridiculous!

Lol, maybe God called..?
    yeah god calling him to take the bluetooth earpiece out and listen to the homily! god should smack him in the back of the head for you!!