Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 To Sport Dual-Core Processors?

Default iPhone 5 To Sport Dual-Core Processors?

Digitimes is reporting on the possibility of the iPhone 5 touting a dual-core processor. Not much of a surprise, considering that the new Android devices will be sporting such chips, and I don't see Apple falling short for competition. This means better gaming and video experiences, as well as a nice speed increase. We should see this migrate over well to the iPad 2, so we can expect to see upgrades on both devices.

With strong competition coming from Google devices, and other smartphones, Apple sounds like they are ready to up the competition once again. The iPhone 5 is expected to be released in the USA about June or July, (same months that iPhone 4 debuted last year), however it seems as though most of this ETA is mostly based on rumors, but then again, the iPhone 5 is a rumor all together.

Can we expect dual-core processors? Probably. Can we expect the iPhone 5 this year? Honestly, I'm doubtful. Too much controversy/pissed off Verizon users. Either way, who would be opposed to processor upgrades? I sure wont. Too bad I already have an iPhone 4 though.

The chance is also high for Apple, RIM and Sony Ericsson to roll out dual-core smartphones soon, added the sources.

The requirement for stronger capability to manage multimedia functionality including 3D games and HD video has pushed handset vendors to develop dual-core processors, the sources asserted.
    Source: DigiTimes
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 01-27-2011 at 04:26 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

dimplenicko (01-29-2011)

hopefully iphone 5 comes in a few months!!

Too much controversy?? Over what?

Gimmie duel cores!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seriously I'm getting impatient should I get an i4 or hold out w the hopes of a new iPhone this summer?! =\

For the iphone to stay on top it needs the following:

dual-core(period)
    can also use an 8-meg camera in back and maybe an updated DESIGN..that would be SWEET, can't wait for both the iPhone 5 and the iPad 2

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't see the need for such high processing power in an iPhone to be honest. It's not gonna speed up browsing, video & music playback, camera quality, or 99% of any App or Game, phone functions.

By the way, Sony is putting quad-core CPU and quad-core GPU into the PSP2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah controversy? I don't see why one wouldn't be released this year.

Thanks

need Dual Core, not necessarily an 8mp camera as we have RETINA display and HDR...so a higher res cam is not REALLY needed. Longer battery life, cooks and cleans and drives me to work hahahahhaa! WANT want want... :]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (01-28-2011)

Thanks
    can't wait for both the iPhone 5 and the iPad 2[/QUOTE]
    MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ODB25 View Post
    Seriously I'm getting impatient should I get an i4 or hold out w the hopes of a new iPhone this summer?! =\
    I'd wait. Even if for some reason they don't come out with 5 you can just go get a 4! Either way you'll have an awesome iPhone!

I like the sound of dual-core

15. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

g12007 (01-27-2011)

Would need dual core with a high end graphics chip! And give Sony a real run for their money!

Thanks

Dual core means more power consumption so will apple use better battery life!!.
    Then again this is all just rumors

Quote Originally Posted by ODB25 View Post
    Seriously I'm getting impatient should I get an i4 or hold out w the hopes of a new iPhone this summer?! =
    I'm waiting... the "death grip" issue will probably be solved then and obviously tons of new features..its worth waiting for..

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I don't see the need for such high processing power in an iPhone to be honest. It's not gonna speed up browsing, video & music playback, camera quality, or 99% of any App or Game, phone functions.
    Tell me you were just kidding with these statements. Dual cores running at faster speeds than our current single core will definitely be faster. And hopefully Apple have their devs multithreading the native iphone apps. Safari definitely needs to be optimized for duel cores.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avenger View Post
    Dual core means more power consumption so will apple use better battery life!!.
    Then again this is all just rumors
    battery life's great but is that the only issue?
    great games are already running well on the iphone 4, what better perfomance do people want?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 5 will have a dual core, it'll need to compete with Android 3.0 Honeycomb and all it;s dual core goodness.

If the iPad 2 has no dual cores then iPhone 5 won't.

My wish for iPhone 5:-

Xenon Camera flash, one led is crap
    SAMOLED screen, why have a high pixel density screen with a phone that can't show pure blacks or vibrant colours like red is pure vibrant red on a Galaxy S. Get rid of old tech LCD is what they need to do.
    Dual core CPU
    More RAM
    Dedicated Camera and zoom buttons on the right hand side

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by iam8bit View Post
    battery life's great but is that the only issue?
    great games are already running well on the iphone 4, what better perfomance do people want?
    iam8bit indeed. I am no gamer, but anyone can tell you that there is always room for better performance (games aside). By no means am I complaining about my iPhone 4, it is faster than some computers I've used in years past. But let's face it, performance drives functionality and the thirst for more functionality drives performance enhancements. There were plenty of people (the whole world in fact) that were content with 8-bit tech, but imagine where we would be if we didn't push the envelope?

#justsayn

Thanks

i5 rumor sounds cool but why? What's really a dual core gonna mean over a single core? What's the ultimate iPhone goal? I4 should be the standard with upgraded internals every year lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast