+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 To Sport Dual-Core Processors?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by bigboyz Longer battery life, cooks and cleans and drives me to work hahahahhaa! WANT want want... :] brings it's friends over to 'hang out' and they all
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Longer battery life, cooks and cleans and drives me to work hahahahhaa! WANT want want... :]
    brings it's friends over to 'hang out' and they all bring extra beers ... oh and pays my 120$ att bill each month! LOL

Thanks

Dualcore ??? Intel CPU will be great
    Don't care about it I'm waiting for the iPhone 4GS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avenger View Post
    Dual core means more power consumption so will apple use better battery life!!.
    Then again this is all just rumors
    Actually no. Tegra 2 processors have better battery life from the way the two cores split essential and non essential tasks and OS functions.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krosis View Post
    Just curious, have your two iPads always only got 6 hours of use, or is that a result of putting them through a full charge every day for the last x months? Also what kind of app do you use on them / do they run at full brightness? I'm just trying to think of something other than games that would pull the battery down so fast.
    They have always gotten about the same amount of battery life. I have them going non stop most of the time. They are setup to receive email from 1 exchange account and 4 Gmail accounts that have exchange accounts forwarded to them. I run LockInfo so I get my calendar and email notifications on my lock screen. Full brightness, sleep is turned off. I need too ALWAYS see my email at a glance. I am usually running Pages, Numbers, Ping!, Evernote, Wyse RDP client, TeamViewer and Music. The iPad IS my workstation. It sees very heavy Network traffic, almost constant transmission and receiving. It is this that kills my battery so fast.

I also watch Netflix on them when I am waiting on servers to finish drive scans and reboots.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I dunno viriiguy, based on that it sounds like 6 hours is pretty generous battery life... I'd expect 4 or so considering all the stuff you're running.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

4GS sounds more like it

Thanks
    Thanked 14,848 Times in 6,895 Posts

You really think they would name it that?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I hope not

Thanks
    Thanked 14,848 Times in 6,895 Posts

Me either. I don't think they would. Played that card already.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    I dunno viriiguy, based on that it sounds like 6 hours is pretty generous battery life... I'd expect 4 or so considering all the stuff you're running.
    Yea... But dammit I need MOAR POWER!!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    iPhone 5 will have a dual core, it'll need to compete with Android 3.0 Honeycomb and all it;s dual core goodness.

If the iPad 2 has no dual cores then iPhone 5 won't.

My wish for iPhone 5:-

Xenon Camera flash, one led is crap
    SAMOLED screen, why have a high pixel density screen with a phone that can't show pure blacks or vibrant colours like red is pure vibrant red on a Galaxy S. Get rid of old tech LCD is what they need to do.
    Dual core CPU
    More RAM
    Dedicated Camera and zoom buttons on the right hand side
    I don't think there's a way to incorporate xenon flash without making it more bulky; for it to be effective, it needs to be big. Would you want to lose the thin design of the iPhone for a better flash? Remember LED uses far less power than xenon, so it wouldn't make sense for Apple to include a xenon flash.

Don't Assume that if the iPad 2 won't have dual core then the iPhone 5 won't. The iPhone is the flagship product of Apple thus it will always stay ahead of the iPad. It is safe to say that a majority of people buy iPhone rather then iPad. The retina display is a prime example.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Don't Assume that if the iPad 2 won't have dual core then the iPhone 5 won't. The iPhone is the flagship product of Apple thus it will always stay ahead of the iPad. It is safe to say that a majority of people buy iPhone rather then iPad. The retina display is a prime example.
    I'm not sure why you think the iPhone will always stay ahead of the iPad. Is it because the current model has more RAM? What about the iPad's faster processor, or more storage, or higher resolution screen? I'd say they're both flagship products.

I also strongly disagree that a majority of people buy an iPhone rather than an iPad. In fact, I don't know anybody that has. They're not really competing products. It's not like if you need a phone, you can buy an iPad. The iPhone makes a pretty lame tablet too.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

13. The Following User Says Thank You to krosis For This Useful Post:

DRFP (02-03-2011)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krosis View Post
    I'm not sure why you think the iPhone will always stay ahead of the iPad. Is it because the current model has more RAM? What about the iPad's faster processor, or more storage, or higher resolution screen? I'd say they're both flagship products.

I also strongly disagree that a majority of people buy an iPhone rather than an iPad. In fact, I don't know anybody that has. They're not really competing products. It's not like if you need a phone, you can buy an iPad. The iPhone makes a pretty lame tablet too.
    Yes that was poor usage of words but my point is the numbers of iPhones sold greatly outweigh the numbers of iPad sold.
    What makes the iPad processor faster than the iPhone? They both have the same processor. Do a side by side comparison and see for yourself. The fact that you even mentioned higher resolution makes a poor argument. It's bigger in size, of course it will have a higher resolution. What's higher resolution without retina display technology? Just a big pixelated screen.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 02-03-2011 at 01:40 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

They do sell more phones, but I see that more as a product of relative market size and age than of consumer preference. They have the same processor, but the iPad version is clocked faster than the one in the iPhone. This also helps with driving a display that has more pixels
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345