Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 To Sport Dual-Core Processors?

Get a Sandy-bridge processor in there!

Quad core with built in GPU, and a much lower power consumption rate...
    ahh, now I'm just dreaming.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Just got my iPhone 4, eh every year I'm always upgrading. I don't mind, live these upgrades
    Nothing in life is easy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

My doubts about the iPhone 5 being released in half a year from now are growing. There are so many new features that are rumored to be added in, it seems almost unlikely that Apple will release (in regards to a new iPhone) anything in 2011 (although early 2012 sounds reasonable). I'm sure everyone that has an iPhone 4 is happy with it. Hence, Apple shouldn't be in any rush if that's the case. It'd be lovely if they did release the new iPhone, but many new iPhone users are bound to a contract, so unless they terminate their agreement (which doesn't come cheap), they'll have to stay with their current version of the iPhone or pay outrageous numbers if they want the (slightly?) better iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My white MacBook has a dual core processor. And now they are putting them in phones?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah here is why you're wrong: the ip4 could have 0 major changes and still stay on top until next year. Android simply isn't that competitive any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcbzr View Post
    My doubts about the iPhone 5 being released in half a year from now are growing. There are so many new features that are rumored to be added in, it seems almost unlikely that Apple will release (in regards to a new iPhone) anything in 2011 (although early 2012 sounds reasonable). I'm sure everyone that has an iPhone 4 is happy with it. Hence, Apple shouldn't be in any rush if that's the case. It'd be lovely if they did release the new iPhone, but many new iPhone users are bound to a contract, so unless they terminate their agreement (which doesn't come cheap), they'll have to stay with their current version of the iPhone or pay outrageous numbers if they want the (slightly?) better iPhone.
    Every year AT&T has allowed existing iPhone customers to upgrade early. That wont change this year. Especially with VZ's iPhone available.

Quote Originally Posted by master_va View Post
    I'm waiting... the "death grip" issue will probably be solved then and obviously tons of new features..its worth waiting for..
    Seriously?!?! That wasn't even a real issue. Based on sales and returns people were more satisfied with iPhone 4 than any previous iPhone and there. There were considerably fewer returns and the sales #'s kept increasing even after the death grip issue became public. Apple on acknowledged it because they were getting bad publicity and they freaking hate that. And I haven't heard of a single person having "death grip" issues since the free case cover up.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

To clear up a few things: a single 1ghz core uses more power than a dual core 1ghz processor because not only are the 2 500mhz cores using less power but the power management unit is improved with better technology that makes it more efficient than the single core one. Also, the smaller nm chipset means smaller components which require less power.

Super amoled screen would make for better viewing but also washes out in direct sunlight, can(read: CAN) use more power because an LCD is consistent but an LED uses more or less power based on what colors it is trying to display.

The ip5 will likely have a larger battery as battery tech improves and components are made smaller and smaller too.

We already know it won't have dedicated buttons for camera or zoom, etc. because that takes away from the form factor.

Lastly, as flash memory improves, NAND flash modules can be made smaller which leaves more room for either a dual core processor, a larger capacity battery, more components that add to usability, or any or all of those.

Who cares about Verizon users!!!!! They choose when to get their iPhones. Why should the rest of us be punished because they blew their wad too early?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Dual-core? Sign me up
    You already have iPhone 4 and so am I, I will skip this but I will definitely go for iPad 2. iPhone 6 will be A8 chip, iPhone 7 will be dual core A8 chips , just my prediction . Omg I already have 2, 3GS, iPhone 4 and itouch 4. . Any suggestion what I should
    get next
    Maybe I will get a cow and start milking it
    Last edited by iYeow; 01-27-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Why would anyone wait for an iPhone? I always MAKE money on each iPhone every year on eBay. I sold my 16GB 3G (not 3GS) for $400 and bought the iPhone 4 for $299. This June I'll do the same.

If anyone is on the fence, then buy it now and if you want the 5 you'll easily be able to sell the 4 and break even.

Dual core would seriously kill the battery. I've yet to hear anyone discuss a better battery for smart phones

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jay0heavenly View Post
    Why would anyone wait for an iPhone? I always MAKE money on each iPhone every year on eBay. I sold my 16GB 3G (not 3GS) for $400 and bought the iPhone 4 for $299. This June I'll do the same.

If anyone is on the fence, then buy it now and if you want the 5 you'll easily be able to sell the 4 and break even.
    I always trade up too

yeah its a win win. Better phone and you make $.

Thanks

For sure. I always upgrade and make $150 on top

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

The only time I change my phone is June/July

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    The inly time I change my phone is June/July
    Yep

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Omg I already have 2, 3GS, iPhone 4 and itouch 4.
    Let me see.. I have 2 8gb 3G's, 1 16gb 3G, 1 16GB 3GS, and 2 16gb iPads. I am STILL buying the Verizon iPhone 4 and 2 more iPad 2's.

Thanks

Will be iPhone 4S, bigger screen, dual cpu/dual graph.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast