+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.3 Proves to Be a Challenge: Apple Adds ASLR Protection

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by epignosis567 The jailbreak comm should sue apple. Every year apple leeches more and more of their innovation from them. I hate this company. Could Cydia developers patent
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by epignosis567 View Post
    The jailbreak comm should sue apple. Every year apple leeches more and more of their innovation from them.
    I hate this company.
    Could Cydia developers patent features that Apple steal? iOS would be nothing like it is today without the jailbreak devs

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

dsg (01-27-2011), gqgarnett (01-27-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default untethered w/unlock for 4.3?
    I would love to see an untethered JB, with a soft unlock, for 4.3 and I can wait for it as long as it's possible.

I do not understand why anyone would want to use a tethered jailbreak. I have an iPhone so I can "compute" away from my computer, sometimes on trips. If the phone needs to be rebooted, then an tethered jailbreak is useless.

And for the same reasons, I need a soft unlock if I leave the country, though I'm on AT&T within these borders.

I'm still on 4.01/jailbreakme and the number of apps I can no longer update is increasing, sadly.

Good luck and go Dev Team!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 843 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    It'll get done. The guys that are on the job (jailbreak) are complete geniuses - I have complete faith in them. This happens every time: new firmware with new obstacles and everyone panics... but it gets jailbroken anyways.

Is there a tweak that tricks the AppStore into thinking the device is on another firmware? For instance, I have 4.1 installed and need to use Apps that require 4.2.1. I would install a Tweak and then the AppStore thinks I have 4.2.1 installed instead of 4.1.

Yes? No? Maybe?
    Off-Topic BUT there used to be. It hasn't been updated for the 4.1 to 4.2.1 FW trick. You can try to do it yourself but remember to save a copy of the original file.! Here's a link for the basics: trick itunes into thinking your on 4.0.2 when on 4.0/4.0.1

You still need to do some homework for the 4.2.1 Product Build Version. It might be: 8C148 but I'm not 100% sure

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T4R06 View Post
    i bet this will take another couple of months... then apple will released another beta and so on..
    why dont they release what they have?

do you notced this past few firmwares? before its easy now its getting tougher! see now who's winning?

Us the jailbreakers are *still* winning. We haven't lost until the first unjailbreakable iDevice comes out. Then we will have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by 240v View Post
    totally off the topic but i cant create an new thread; it says i do not have sufficient privileges?
    activate ur email?

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Yep. I think ALL hackers should SHUT UP about whats coming and just finish it THEN release it and whatever. And why release the source code for a hack too? Thats just stupid. You are giving them a guide of how to block it in the next update.

It's not just here and crApple, its the PSP and PS3 devs too.

They wonder why things get blocked before its released? Well if they didn't say anything about it then they (crApple, , M$) wouldn't have a clue then they cant block it.

You have to be smart to be a dev but it looks like you have to be stupid at the same time too.

They do need to keep things hush hushed
    Last edited by Co1d Night; 01-27-2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    thank god for comex then.
    For sure, thanks for all these guys

Another backdoor jailbreak from geohot wouldn't be to bad either

Thanks

Ugggh. Something tells me a year from now I'll still be running iOS 4.0 on my untethered JB 3gs...

Thanks

Comex probably understands ASLR better then Apple! ;D

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Yep. I think ALL hackers should SHUT UP about whats coming and just finish it THEN release it and whatever. And why release the source code for a hack too? Thats just stupid. You are giving them a guide of how to block it in the next update.

It's not just here and crApple, its the PSP and PS3 devs too.

They wonder why things get blocked before its released? Well if they didn't say anything about it then they (crApple, , M$) wouldn't have a clue then they cant block it.

You have to be smart to be a dev but it looks like you have to be stupid at the same time too.
    Do you honestly think that Apple can't find and patch an exploit without the source code?

What things have been blocked by Apple before they were released? Please enlighten us to all of this.

Telling Apple there is an exploit in their code does absolutely nothing in regards to them patching it (unless you're telling them precisely where to look). Apple already knows there are a ton of vulnerabilities in their code. The issue is finding those vulnerabilities and that isn't much easier for Apple to find than it is for the jailbreak devs.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    I swear I remember a recent jb that they claimed could only be blocked by a HW change and this was since iOS 4 and the iPhone 4 was released. (did I miss something?)
    That jailbreak is Limera1n and it can still jailbreak every iDevice in existence (although there are rumors that Apple has recently patched the exploit in the bootroms of the most recently produced devices).

The issue here is making an UNTETHERED jailbreak.
    Last edited by mortopher; 01-27-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 843 Posts

Expanding on this ^ : I think the term 'jailbreak' has confused a lot of people. Jailbreaking the system ONLY allows the Dev 'Root Access' to the hardware but they still have to navigate through that OS and create a pathway for 'their' software to be embedded. Once the pathway is identified, then we (the consumer) can finally use their software with it's pretty UI (eg. Cydia). Finding the path is still a lot of work even though they have technically 'jailbroken' the device.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoRuler View Post
    Another backdoor jailbreak from geohot wouldn't be to bad either
    There is actually a very interesting interview with Geohot (interviewed by Veeence) about that right here:

Interview

Thanks
    Thanked 15,033 Times in 6,930 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qiqq3r View Post
    There is actually a very interesting interview with Geohot (interviewed by Veeence) about that right here:

Interview
    That interview is a fake. It isnt geohot.

Thanks

Interview
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Why people still think Veeeence has any bit of credibility in the community is beyond me. He was proven to be a fraud ages ago yet people still buy into him.

Thanks

You guys are "In my eyes" On par with MUFC they always do whats needed because they have the skills, PASSION, and determination to beat those rotten apples.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    I was not aware of this, thanks for the further information.

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Why people still think Veeeence has any bit of credibility in the community is beyond me. He was proven to be a fraud ages ago yet people still buy into him.
    I haven't really been in the jailbreaking world long enough to know what people is credible or not.
    Although I guess I'll be more careful from now on, even though it didn't hurt posting the -fake interview- since you guys recognized it that fast.

Thanks

I was not aware of this, thanks for the further information.

I haven't really been in the jailbreaking world long enough to know what people is credible or not.
    Although I guess I'll be more careful from now on, even though it didn't hurt posting the -fake interview- since you guys recognized it that fast.
    No worries, I wasn't really directing that at you personally. I mostly meant the stupid websites that continue to buy into his junk.

Banned
    Thanks

Aslr protection? Please steve jobs....are you serious. This is funny because aslr is a downgrade i. Protection. Too many holes. My 11yr old could....you know what, nevermind this is too funny

Thanks

LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

aaaaaaand we're waiting! or hurry up and wait!! im still 'porked' on my 3.2.1 os 3Gs. damn phone wont backup or sync or update...

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's really not news at all. "No Thanks". "Hey Apple announced this new thing, and we awesome dev's are gonna exploit it! Stay tuned!" Why not just post that as a thread on auto-start for the next 5 weeks and then fill it with whatever underwhelming announcement they make every week?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the notion of tethered jb is crazy for iPhone
    so just use mac redsnow 0.9.7b6 with the monte untether
    flawless all my devices: iPod 3g MC, iPhone 3gs, iPad 3g work perfect untether jb 4.2.1