Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Begins Approving iOS 4.3 AirPlay Enabled Apps

Default Apple Begins Approving iOS 4.3 AirPlay Enabled Apps

Apple may have just released the second beta of iOS 4.3 a week ago, but that hasnít stopped them from approving apps for the unreleased update. One of the most eagerly awaited new features expected with this update is the ability for third-party apps to stream video directly to second generation Apple TVís via AirPlay. It is a bit unusual, however, that Apple would approve apps with features that average users canít yet access.

Apple recently approved StreamToMe, an app that lets you stream movies, music and photos from home computers to iOS devices without the need to sync. Currently the only way to get video from third party apps to a TV is by using an Apple Component, Composite or VGA cable. You then have to attach the cable from the iDevice directly to the TV. Although this is not a difficult process, it lacks the elegance that Apple is usually known for. When iOS 4.3 is finally released, youíll be able to use AirPlay to stream video directly to an Apple TV wirelessly from any app. A future without wires is the direction Apple is currently headed in.

If Apple keeps to its current schedule of releasing iOS 4.3 beta updates on a weekly basis, then there should be another update coming tomorrow. Apple seems to be on a roll lately and it looks as if the fabled white iPhone is finally going to be released as well. Itís possible that Apple may want to release the long awaited iPhone with a fresh version of the iOS. If true, then we may see iOS 4.3 ride in on Appleís white iPhone unicorn.

Source: MacRumors

Speaking of the White iPhone, I wonder when Apple will pull out the Ace in its sleeve and finally start producing iPhone colors. I guess they are going to exhaust all other means of dominating the cell phone market before pulling out that golden Ace. And those other means are more than likely going to take form as T-Mobile iPhones and Sprint phones.

I must say, that if/when Apple does release the iPhone in colors similar to the iPod nano, many people are going to have a hard time not buying one - even if that means the repurchase of a device they already own.

tim

I concur on the subject of iPhone colors, good thing my favorite "color" Is black

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robsbrutal For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (01-26-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I luv my black iPhone4, the white ones, seem a little fancy? for some reason??

Apple isn't going to release a colored iPhone because they are trying to be professional. Yellow isnt professional, black is professional.

It's like a black Lexus (super legit) or a yellow one (unprofessional). Which would you rather pick up your CEO in?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dabisnit For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (01-26-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone vedavis's Avatar
    Thanks

Back on topic, my 4.1 JB can't even get the 4.2-only apps yet; I'm dyin' over here.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I'm glad they are approving 4.3 apps already

Quote Originally Posted by vedavis View Post
    Back on topic, my 4.1 JB can't even get the 4.2-only apps yet; I'm dyin' over here.
    That's not exactly on topic...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dabisnit For This Useful Post:

Amraam (01-26-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by dabisnit View Post
    That's not exactly on topic...
    Aahhahahhaha

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vedavis View Post
    ... so, UPDATE!

Good to see they're doing what they should've in the first place.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dabisnit View Post
    Apple isn't going to release a colored iPhone because they are trying to be professional. Yellow isnt professional, black is professional.

It's like a black Lexus (super legit) or a yellow one (unprofessional). Which would you rather pick up your CEO in?
    Dab, it depends. Am i an adult video store owner that has a once in a lifetime opp to hang with Vivid? or am i a corporate IT geek that fits all the sterotypes??

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

If they didnt itd suc. They know they lose money by not approving.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright;5761477

Itís possible that Apple may want to release the long awaited iPhone with a fresh version of the iOS. If true, then we may see iOS 4.3 ride in on Appleís white iPhone unicorn.

Source: [URL="http://www.macrumors.com/2011/01/25/apple-now-approving-ios-4-3-compatible-airplay-apps/"
    MacRumors[/URL]
    geek definition of a unicorn = fabeled single horned beast that is uncatchable and sometimes subject to "rumors" of nonexistence (source = macrumor)and makes the person feeding the rumor mill speculate about the iPhone coming to Verizon for 3 years... (siiighhhh)
    i guess the 3 year wait for verizon to pick up the iphone is over and we need new garbage to subscribe to. bring it... i guess.

@Dabisnit. I disagree. I think eventually Apple will release iPhones in different colors. If Apple wanted a "professional" look I would think their commercials will reflect that. Instead we see the "coolness" factor in it's commercials like the "I'm a PC and I'm a Mac" tv spots. I do agree that black is sleek and more professional but that doesn't mean Apple will only cater to black and white(eventually). Just my 2 cents.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GreggSymington View Post
    ... so, UPDATE!
    He doesnt update because he wants his jailbreak

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

If I want to change colors on my iphone 4 I can just buy a case!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
    I luv my black iPhone4, the white ones, seem a little fancy? for some reason??
    i thought the black is more fancy, i was thinking the white iphone was more girly

but i like where this is heading, i hate cable and also take my time making sure that they are hidden when installing new equipment and other items, im glad apple is doing this and not being so controlling over it
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoRuler View Post
    i thought the black is more fancy, i was thinking the white iphone was more girly

but i like where this is heading, i hate cable and also take my time making sure that they are hidden when installing new equipment and other items, im glad apple is doing this and not being so controlling over it
    HHMMMM? indeed it does...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoRuler View Post

I agree bro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast