+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Hotspot Pricing Revealed: $20 for 2 GB

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Two weeks after they announced the iPhone, the details of Verizon's service offerings for the device are finally becoming clear. After the company's COO spilled the beans earlier today about
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Verizon Hotspot Pricing Revealed: $20 for 2 GB

Two weeks after they announced the iPhone, the details of Verizon's service offerings for the device are finally becoming clear. After the company's COO spilled the beans earlier today about the unlimited data plan for the device itself, Brenda Raney, the carrier's Executive Director of Corporate Communications told MacWorld that Verizon's Personal Hotspot feature will cost customers an additional $20 on top of the $30 they'll pay for their monthly data plans and come with a 2 GB cap.

The Verizon-specific tethering feature turns the iPhone into a 3G wireless hotspot for up to five devices. Data used by Personal Hotspot-tethered devices will be on a 2 GB monthly plan separate from the iPhone's unlimited plan. Customers will have to pay $20 for each gigabyte they consume beyond the cap. While the overage fee is twice what AT&T customers have to pay, Verizon customers do get to keep the unlimited plan on their phones separate, while AT&T users have to share the same 2 GB on the DataPro plan.

Though iOS 4.3 will reportedly make Personal Hotspot a feature for all iPhones, it's not yet known if AT&T or any other carrier will support it. AT&T tethering currently only supports USB or Bluetooth connections, not WiFi.

Source: MacWorld

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm just gonna stick with mywi

Thanks

AT&T will likely match this to try and keep people that may leave for this reason. It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks. Regardless this good for everyone.

Thanks

Gotta love Mywi

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    Me as well.

Thanks

ok verizon not bad, not bad.....

Im def gonna stick with my MyWi, im with ATT but 2GB with Tethering for $40 is not a deal at all especially since you'll go over 2gb so quick with tethering then they'll charge you the $10 for every additional Gig......

Luckily im grandfathered into the unlimited, but ATT def needs to bring back the unlimited especially since they came close to a Class Action Law Suit over it around the time the iPad came out for capping it!!

Also it seems smart for Verizon customer to just get the Unlimited Data, and just get MyWi and avoid the extra $20 and possible overage...that is when it becomes jailbroke!!
    Last edited by Carlos; 01-25-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is Verizon charging $15 to use your iphone with an exchange server?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    ok verizon not bad, not bad.....
    You're joking, right? Verizon has almost the same prices as ATT and it's not bad?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbarker View Post
    Is Verizon charging $15 to use your iphone with an exchange server?
    Verizon also charges $15/month to use the Good software on their other smartphones, so this isn't new or a surprise. The Good software allows access to corporate email, calendars and contacts.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Somebody help me understand this. So you get the unlimited plan on Verizon for the iPhone and you have to get the other two? I'm confused

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
    You're joking, right? Verizon has almost the same prices as ATT and it's not bad?
    I just ment them coming out with UNLIMITED, I left verizon a long time ago cuz there prices are ridonkulous...im on att with an 849 verizon exchange cuz i ported over to att
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My main concern is still the fact that Verizon is CDMA vs AT&T's GSM.

I'm constantly looking stuff up while on the phone and relaying information that way. Whether I'm making dinner plans or looking up movie times, it's just easier to look it up and communicate WHILE I'm on the phone.

With CDMA you can't transfer data and voice simultaneously, so therefore I'd rather pay the few extra bucks for AT&T than move over to Verizon.
    It's only impossible if you quit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micara57 View Post
    My main concern is still the fact that Verizon is CDMA vs AT&T's GSM.

I'm constantly looking stuff up while on the phone and relaying information that way. Whether I'm making dinner plans or looking up movie times, it's just easier to look it up and communicate WHILE I'm on the phone.

With CDMA you can't transfer data and voice simultaneously, so therefore I'd rather pay the few extra bucks for AT&T than move over to Verizon.
    i agree 110% me to...im just glad they came out with unlimited so hopefully it will force att to do the same...thus making att even more attractive......win win for att
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah but that Personal Hotspot feature, does anyone know if it's optional or mandatory

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Okay let me make sure I understand that correctly. If you add an exchange account to your iPhone through the mail app, it will charge you an extra $15? If so, this will affect anyone that uses gmail or google apps and sets their account up via exchange, not to mention tons of business users! I hope I'm misunderstanding

im guess all of us reading this use my so this isn't a good reason to switch. im grandfathered unlimited with att and i am looking for a reason beyond signal strength to move over with this isn't helping at all. i was hoping for free tethering.... well anyway, what other reason besides coverage area is there to make the switch to verizon?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Hunchkey's Avatar
    Thanks

MyWI ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! SCREW VERIZON UP THE A$&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sonofa.. I didn't expect the Exchange fee. I was a Verizon customer long ago before exchange email was even a concern of mine. Now I have my gmail set up as exchange on my iPhone and I'm gonna have to pay $15 more to keep it.... this really threw a wrench in the plan for me. When I would choose Gmail as my primary set up instead of Exchange the emails were really bad delayed. :/ Plus I have my work email as Exchange. I wonder if a jailbreak will cure this problem in the near future without having to pay the fee... hmmm

Green Apple
    Thanks
    F that! Who would be that stupid to pay for the tethering. And besides, when tethering on say your laptop you would use up 2 gigs so quickly! Thank goodness for mywi and my grandfathered unlimited plan :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm just trying to get a better understanding. Let's say hypothetically:

-I get the $40 plan
    -I get the $20 for unlimited text
    -I get the $30 unlimited data

and then I have to pay one or both of those other charges for tethering? Or are those two optional?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    I strongly agree.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast