+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Hotspot Pricing Revealed: $20 for 2 GB

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hmmmm just about the same till you get to the data plans section. But I could see AT&T switchen this later on. I for one really don't care since I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hmmmm just about the same till you get to the data plans section. But I could see AT&T switchen this later on.
    I for one really don't care since I still have unlimited data with my iPhone 4.

But would be nice to see then drop the price down atleast a couple bux.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Att might make some adjustments

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoRuler View Post
    i think i have seen the same post that you are talking about and it made me wonder if he is just messing with us because i dont know what the hell he is doing stream that much info for, or that the cap is a myth
    I can run Slingbox for 8 hours and hit nearly 2 GB on an iPad. I know 1 netflix movie uses about 500mb.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PorthosPirate View Post
    I just got an iSpot from Clear. $25/mo, 6MB Down, No Usage Cap. 8 Devices. Saved on the iPad (WiFi Only) and don't need to worry about tethering caps. Says it only works with iPhone & iPad but does just fine with my MBP too.

Who would want to tether more than 1 device on CDMA... oh and when you're on the road and your boss calls (disconnecting your hotspot) and says "I just sent this super important eMail......"
    iSpot is 4G only, and has been discontinued. Clear currently has no compelling deals.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    Okay let me make sure I understand that correctly. If you add an exchange account to your iPhone through the mail app, it will charge you an extra $15? If so, this will affect anyone that uses gmail or google apps and sets their account up via exchange, not to mention tons of business users! I hope I'm misunderstanding
    This is a deal breaker if true.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sman113 View Post
    This is a deal breaker if true.
    I find that very hard to believe, read one of my posts in this thread, AT&T does the same thing but my exchange worked fine for me and I never had any extra $15 charge.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I use a TON of data. I'm grandfathered with unlimited. My school's wifi blocks a lot of stuff, including torrents. I tether to do my school work (online modules for 11 hours a day) and I'm almost always torrenting a movie or three at the same time..
    I can't check my data using online right now, but the phone shows 3GB sent and 18GB recieved and I've had it only a couple months. I don't think I'll be switching. :]

Thanks

Ok so, Verizon basically cloned AT&T's plans and pricing, and yet they dont offer rollover. BRILLIANT!! this will surely have iPhone users dumping AT&T and flocking to Verizon!!! Morons....

I guess I wont be switching afterall, dammit... I HATE AT&T!!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Thanks

Maybe I'm missing something here and ive seen this question before with no good answer so please correct me if this is the case; WHY do these cell companies charge for TETHERING on all plans instead of just the unlimited ones? On those, they getcha by data over-usage anyhow. Isn't that double-billing?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic92 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here and ive seen this question before with no good answer so please correct me if this is the case; WHY do these cell companies charge for TETHERING on all plans instead of just the unlimited ones? On those, they getcha by data over-usage anyhow. Isn't that double-billing?
    Not exactly... The unlimited data package is for the iPhone/smart phone ITSELF. They are providing data service for the PHONE not a laptop etc... Their cellular data isn't meant for so much usage which is why they offer tethering plans or pc Internet devices data plans.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PorthosPirate View Post
    Who would want to tether more than 1 device on CDMA... oh and when you're on the road and your boss calls (disconnecting your hotspot) and says "I just sent this super important eMail......"
    That's not how it works. The call coming in does not disconnect the data. Only when you answer it is when data is switched for voice. So you can finish real quick sending whatever then answer a call or just let it go to voicemail.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    How will Verizon know if you are tethering?
    They won't be able to prove it but they are not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    What if you JB and use MyWi
    This Verizon Data Plan does not make sense, Unlimited Data but 2gb tether? Why?
    Because the tethering option should not be used as a substitute for an Internet provider.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Att might make some adjustments
    AT&T is now letting people who previously had the unlimited data get it back if they had switched to the lower tiers of data pricing. No such luck for the newer subscribers though as they are stuck with the lower cap.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Where did you hear this because I just went onto my account from AT&T and I have no such option available and I switched down to the lower data plan from the unlimited plan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by halo204561 View Post
    Where did you hear this because I just went onto my account from AT&T and I have no such option available and I switched down to the lower data plan from the unlimited plan
    It is all over the net. Call them.

Thanks

Exactly. Hush hush! Lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    AT&T is now letting people who previously had the unlimited data get it back if they had switched to the lower tiers of data pricing. No such luck for the newer subscribers though as they are stuck with the lower cap.
    I saw the news too. Awesome

Thanks

I agree MyWi is a better option, but for some people it screws up the battery. I had to uninstall it because no matter what I did (tried all suggested so-called fixes), my phone was running down on battery like crazy. Once I removed the app, everything worked fine.

Thanks

That's odd how apps affect users in different ways. Mywi works great for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    It is all over the net. Call them.
    I just did, man. no luck.

I have 3 lines in my family plan. 2 of them (mine included) are still on the unlimited data plan, the last line is not. However, the customer service rep. told me that it might be available soon.