+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Hotspot Pricing Revealed: $20 for 2 GB

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I was never considering moving to Verizon, but this just convinced me to never switch. $15 to access an Exchange Mail server? That's ridiculous. Unlimited Data is nice, but most
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I was never considering moving to Verizon, but this just convinced me to never switch.

$15 to access an Exchange Mail server? That's ridiculous. Unlimited Data is nice, but most people do not exceed 1GB.

A lot of businesses use Exchange Mail, and $15 per user per month is a very unnecessary expense. They'll take a 2GB cap.
    Last edited by shadow25; 01-25-2011 at 06:28 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm sure they'll modify MyWi for Verizon. That developer is fairly on the ball when it comes to these things

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T is going to reply with:
    You can tether AND talk on your phone at the same time, that is worth the difference.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the competition... But it's no comparison over data+voice

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Verizon Unlimited DATA is gonna congest the CDMA bandwidth for browsing, so Get ready for a slow experience, when the iphone verizon comes out, watch them have a youtube video comparing the browser speed, and watch how slow verizon is gonna be, im just sayin, at the end of the day, people are gonna go with verizon, but att data will Dominate when it comes to speed, unlimited or not.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Unlike all the other switching for "speed" I could careless, regardless it'll be faster then Edge. I'm not looking for massive speeds, just enough to stream some music. So the congestion at first won't be that big of a deal for me. Coverage is my top priority at this point.

Thanks

First, people were complaining about AT&T's service so they were crying about a Verizon iPhone. Now, that the Verizon iPhone is a reality, they're complaining about plan prices. The plan prices are AT&Ts and Verizons way of keeping data hungry smart phone users from overloading their networks. Owning an iPhone isn't cheap. Can you hear me now?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Love the prices from Verizon.
    Back then, AT&T were wolves who haunts for my wallet for 25 dollars per 2GB. NOW WE HAVE VERIZON ;]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol 15$ to add an exhange account. What a joke. Almost everyone at my work has their work email on their iPhone. ATT wins at the end of the day.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    Okay let me make sure I understand that correctly. If you add an exchange account to your iPhone through the mail app, it will charge you an extra $15? If so, this will affect anyone that uses gmail or google apps and sets their account up via exchange, not to mention tons of business users! I hope I'm misunderstanding
    If I remember right AT&T had or still has a corporate data package that supposedly is needed for corporate e-mail for an extra 15 dollars. When I had the iPhone I just had the $30 unlimited package and my exchange e-mail worked just fine. So maybe they just say you need that who knows. I know right after I got my phone I setup my work account right there and the sales rep acted shocked that it worked without the extra $15 "enterprise plan".

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    I'm sure they'll modify MyWi for Verizon. That developer is fairly on the ball when it comes to these things
    And they will probably charge current users a 10 or 20 upgrade for for MyWi.
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 01-25-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    If I remember right AT&T had or still has a corporate data package that supposedly is needed for corporate e-mail for an extra 15 dollars. When I had the iPhone I just had the $30 unlimited package and my exchange e-mail worked just fine. So maybe they just say you need that who knows. I know right after I got my phone I setup my work account right there and the sales rep acted shocked that it worked without the extra $15 "enterprise plan".
    I have my corporate email on my phone, just have to contact your corporate ITT.
    To get corporate INTRANET you need the exchange package.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jwil736 For This Useful Post:

rimshak (01-25-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    I have my corporate email on my phone, just have to contact your corporate ITT.
    To get corporate INTRANET you need the exchange package.
    No you don't need the exchange package, the iPhone has built in VPN so you can connect through that to get "Intranet" sites and regular exchange works just fine on the normal plan. I have an iPad now and I have 2 exchange accounts setup on it now plus the G-Mail and Hotmail exchange setups. I had the same thing on the normal $30 unlimited plan back when I had an iPhone and had no issues at all.

Thanks

love my 30$ unlimited data. DATA is my Phone calling(VOIP)/IM/Texing apps
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    I'm just gonna stick with mywi
    yea i knew verizon was going to charge for this, what cell company wouldnt

edit: i meant wouldnt
    Last edited by EskimoRuler; 01-26-2011 at 01:15 AM.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to say I am in love with the fact that verizon is getting the iPhone. I see only good for the consumer across the board.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoRuler View Post
    yea i knew verizon was going to charge for this, what cell company would
    I called it to

Thanks

Verizon offers their iPhone users unlimited data for $30. This is good! It might prompt AT&T to re-enable this for existing users although none of us know what either carrier will throw at us for data plans for LTE.

But... If you want to use the personal hotspot, you have to pay $20 for each 2GB? And that you can't use your unlimited data plan for this?

These isn't going to be helpful in getting users to jump ship from AT&T to Verizon.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by halo204561 View Post
    Yeah but that Personal Hotspot feature, does anyone know if it's optional or mandatory
    I can almost guarantee you it is optional...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Banned
    Thanks

Waste

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Im about ten days into my billing cycle and im already over 2gb of data, so I think Ill be sticking with at&t and mywi

Thanks

Verizon knows about mywi and jailbreaking, I don't know how they plan to track it... Same thing that happened with AT&T will also happen with Verizon, it will end up being a "limited unlimited" plan... 99% of iPhone user will not use more than 3-4GB MAX under normal use, of course normal use meaning not constantly streaming netflix, or tethering illegally.

EDIT: haha check this out, I honestly do not stream music or video and have only used 2 hrs of tethering of web surfing on laptop.

Next Bill Cycle: 02/21/2011
    Data (MB): 1789.9 of Unlimited
    Messaging: 310 of Unlimited