+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rigorous Apple Production Schedule Prompts Holiday Triple Pay Overseas

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple's forthcoming production schedule for both the 2nd-generation iPad and 5th-generation iPhone is said to be so robust that overseas manufacturers are going to be dropping some serious coin to
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Rigorous Apple Production Schedule Prompts Holiday Triple Pay Overseas

Apple's forthcoming production schedule for both the 2nd-generation iPad and 5th-generation iPhone is said to be so robust that overseas manufacturers are going to be dropping some serious coin to reach the ambitious finish lines imposed by Apple and the company's scheduled 2011 product refreshes. On Tuesday, DigiTimes reported that workers producing and assembling components for iDevices will be paid a pretty penny in compensation for their efforts - a welcome piece of news given the less-than-adequate pay many laborers are known for earning on overseas assembly lines.

If the estimates provided by DigiTimes are correct, workers at Pegatron will stay on the clock through China's Lunar New Year in return for triple holiday pay. Despite the added financial burden to Pegatron - one of Apple's largest overseas manufacturing partners - the workload is necessary to meet the stringent demands placed on Pegatron by Apple.
    Pegatron's plants in Shanghai, China are mainly producing iPhone products, while plants in Suzhou, China, are producing notebooks. However, since Apple has been expanding its orders, Pegatron plans to shift some of its orders to the Suzhou plants for support.
    On Monday, China's Commercial Times reported that Apple will begin to mass produce the fifth-generation iPhone in May, ahead of the widely anticipated annual June or July roll out of the next-gen Apple smartphone. Meanwhile, in March, production of the second generation tablet will ramp up at Foxconn, placing the iPad 2 on track for a late April launch. Consequently, Pegatron internally expects its 2011 revenues to grow 30% because of Apple's increased production needs, according to DigiTimes.

DigiTimes

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Now instead of $.05 an hour they'll get $0.15 an hour! WOOOO

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Reket (01-25-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Bigg Money! At that rate they'll be putting their whole families through PhD Programs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Reket For This Useful Post:

Osman khan (01-26-2011)

Thanks

Foxconn pay its employees per month.

On average Foxconn employees get paid $304 per month.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

no offense, but i didn't expect to see that many non-asian workers at Foxconn. we'll at least on the assembly line.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Geez these guys must have like 120 hour work weeks. Don't look at it as triple pay. Apple wouldn't be doing this if they didn't think they wouldnt get its handsome profits

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Foxconn pay its employees per month.

On average Foxconn employees get paid $304 per month.
    Well you know they don't have lax 40 hour work weeks like they do here. Lets say they work 80 hours a week on average... that's $0.44 an hour at best. My statement was intended to be sarcastic... not a true representation of wages. BTW.

Thanks

Default Sham, I say!
    Everyone is expecting way too much from the next generation iPhone! I doubt that the fifth generation will have half the gadgets everyone is saying that it will have. I hope it does, but I am not going to raise my hopes. Early production is just another way to hype up the crowd.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

Honey, I got you a present...We can afford to live in a box instead of under this bridge!

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jcbzr View Post
    Everyone is expecting way too much from the next generation iPhone! I doubt that the fifth generation will have half the gadgets everyone is saying that it will have. I hope it does, but I am not going to raise my hopes. Early production is just another way to hype up the crowd.
    It will be like the 3G compared to the 3G[S]. A few improvements, but not enough to upgrade really.

Thanks

Triple pay? What's that, 50 bucks extra?
    HK-Z on Game Center

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is hard to believe as Chinese factories normally shut down completely for their holidays.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

yea thats one thing i dont like about apple and many other campanies is the oversea production, but that is the price for cheap products, apple products would cost ridiculous amount if they were made in America
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    no offense, but i didn't expect to see that many non-asian workers at Foxconn. we'll at least on the assembly line.
    Yeah, exactly.
    How lame is that, reporting about an iDevice production / assembly plant in China and showing a picture of a PC manufacturing line somewhere in East Europe.
    Talking about lazy or worse, inept.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish Apple hired a domestic manufacture here in the US, so it would help out the economy.
    But then the cost for an iDevice would be way more expensive.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoRuler View Post
    yea thats one thing i dont like about apple and many other campanies is the oversea production, but that is the price for cheap products, apple products would cost ridiculous amount if they were made in America
    They already cost stupid money as it is. Apple can afford to drop their prices for all their products and still make plenty profits. They could even keep the prices high and move production back to the US and help the economy even more OR pay more to the suppliers so that the workers can earn more.

Not to single out Apple but a majority of companies work this way, and in honesty if we really did care about it soo much we would simply not buy their products. Truth is we really don't care as long as we get our shiny new product.