+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "It's Official:" WSJ Confirms Verizon's Unlimited Plan for iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Sofaxkingxhi Why does everyone think u can't multiple task with a verizon iPhone? It's a freaking feature of the iPhone 4 and u idiots think apple is
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sofaxkingxhi View Post
    Why does everyone think u can't multiple task with a verizon iPhone? It's a freaking feature of the iPhone 4 and u idiots think apple is going to make 2 different versions of the same phone.. My OPINION is the verizon iPhone will do exactly what the AT&T iPhone does.. And if u can't multiple task then when a jailbreak comes available then it will happen .
    It's not Apple's call. CDMA (the signal technology used by Verizon) does not have the ability to transfer both voice and data at the same time. GSM (the signal technology used by AT&T) does have this ability.

T-Mobile also uses GSM technology. This is why, for an unlocked phone, it can be used with T-Mobile, but not with Sprint or Verizon. It's like the difference between gasoline and diesel fuel. You can't force a gasoline car to run on diesel. You can't force an AT&T phone to work on Verizon's signal.

*BTW, you need to be 100% sure of what you're talking about if you're going to call people idiots...'cause you just made yourself look like a huge one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    Very nice!!

If this is true ... Verizon is playing hard to get their customers back from AT&T. It will force AT&T back to offer their unlimited data plan, too. This type of competition is healthy; because at the end of the day, the consumers win.

I can foresee the Verizon future ads "Who needs data & voice to work simultaneously when you don't have an unlimited data?".
    Good point!
    Though we all look different on the outside, we all bleed the same on the inside

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

VZ, Please add unlimited to your iPad so ATT will follow suit.

What's Jailbreak? hotrod54chevy's Avatar
    Thanks
    If this is true, I will SO be RUNNING to the Verizon iPhone whenever they get 4G working properly. I get spotty service with AT&T, and if iPhone 5 will run on 4G and it's not a total flop, I'm signing up as soon as my contract is up!

Thanks

I got stuck on the 2GB data plan with AT&T and called AT&T support several times trying to see if there was anyway I could get back on an unlimited plan, they pretty much said "not a chance in hell!" at the end of every phone call I asked if "they would ever bring back unlimited?" the operator said that they would not because ALL the other carriers do NOT offer unlimited data. If what they said holds any validity then maybe, just maybe AT&t will bring back unlimited data.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Call them back now and see what they say

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I was talking to AT&T rep yesterday and all new customers automatically get enrolled in the 2GB data plan a month, i said well what if verizon offers unlimited will at&t change, and he said NO cuz we still have the fastest 3g Network and can use Voice and Data at the same time. I was like BOOOOO lol. But i have heard of a hack and I am not sure if it works still but at one point it did, i am going to try it when i get home from Italy with my 2G. Here is the link for that if anyone is interested.

How to Get Your iPhone Back on AT&T’s Unlimited Data Plan

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trolius View Post
    Anyone that has 3g coverage and a grandfathered unlimited plan for ATT is not going to switch to verizon and give up that feature. In NY there is so little difference between the verizon service and ATT service that there is no way to justify paying more money for a phone with less features than I currently have. The only reason people should switch is if they have no plans on upgrading ever from an iphone 4 and do not have 3g coverage with ATT, I feel bad for you guys.
    Agreed. I am grandfathered in since iphone 3GS, and now running an iphone 4. I use google maps and the phone in combo all the time...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

There is no way Im changing. I just checked my usage and Im over 6GB so far this billing cycle (4 days left).

Id be curious to see what ATT does with 4.3 tethering and grandfathered plans...

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 667 Posts

I to have the grandfathered unlimited plan One thing i would like to see is the tethering be free instead of charging someone 45.00/month that's insane just to channel the signal to a laptop LOL. I myself is using PDAnet, but still it would be nice just to be able to use the feature instead of having to figure out another way to tether. May hoping if Verizon is playing the game this way then maybe att will play up and offer the unlimited plan again with tethering

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

Doran (01-25-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm luckily grandfathered in for unlimited data...for the mean time. It'll take alot for me to leave and go to verizon. Everyone I talk to bout limitation of CDMA and they say I don't need to talk and surf the net simultaneously....they'll see. All I've got to say is....GO GO GO!! Free up ATT network.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This article isn't entirely true anymore. Less than an hour ago Verizon retracted their "unlimited data" plan and will move to tierd plans.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not bad on verizons part but I have unlimited talk text and web on my ip4 from AT&T for about $115 a month. Ima stay put!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

We just got 3g on at&t last spring. Had we not i would switch over to verizon. Lucky at&t finally got it here, and glad i got to sign back up for unlimited data the friday before they ended it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exo128 View Post
    This article isn't entirely true anymore. Less than an hour ago Verizon retracted their "unlimited data" plan and will move to tierd plans.
    omg say it aint so

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

^^HA thats sux for verizon customers and at&t customers i suppose cuz competition is what consumers benefit from! Damn u verizon, i still hate you!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

They are going to drop unlimited data shortly after launching the phone. Makes sense. Lure them in before dropping the plan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    They are going to drop unlimited data shortly after launching the phone. Makes sense. Lure them in before dropping the plan.
    Sounds like an easy class-action bait & switch law suit waiting to happen.

Thanks

We wouldn't have this problem if you Americans weren't so sheep! Carriers will continue to rape us in plans because we rely on subsidize prices. Pay for an unlock phone and take it where you please!

On the other hand, I am no carriers b***h... This is why one of my next phones will be an Nokia. Nokia has 5 band GSM radios that will work on any GSM network (Hint Apple)!

Thanks

This is just going to make AT&T drop prices again. I'm glad I still have my unlimited data plan on both my and the wifes IPhone 4 and iPad 3G.