+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: China's Commercial Daily: iPhone 5 Production Starts in May

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
On Monday, China's Commercial Times reported that Apple will begin to mass produce the fifth-generation iPhone in May, ahead of the widely anticipated annual June or July roll out of
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 564 Posts

Default China's Commercial Daily: iPhone 5 Production Starts in May

On Monday, China's Commercial Times reported that Apple will begin to mass produce the fifth-generation iPhone in May, ahead of the widely anticipated annual June or July roll out of the next-gen Apple smartphone. According to the report, Apple's overseas partners are already gearing up for a massive production schedule that will likely turn out the largest batch of iPhones for a new generation launch.

Ahead of the iPhone 5 production, the Commercial Times noted that iPad 2 production will begin in just weeks as a "small pilot" program. In March, production of the second generation tablet will swing into full gear, placing the iPad 2 on pace for the widely expected April launch. As anticipated, Foxconn will lead the production charge, remaining Apple's largest manufacturing partner, although suppliers - including Pegatron - will play increasingly bigger roles in the forthcoming mass productions.

While there has been much speculation as to the attributes both the iPad 2 and the iPhone 5 will boast, it now appears that the production schedule for both iDevices is much more "concrete" than any uncorroborated evidence of the supposed features that either refreshed product will offer when they finally roll out later this year.

China's Commercial Times (Google Translation)

Thanks

Foxconn makes me sick. I heard they have to put up walls to keep people from jumping off the balconies.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

mosesh (01-24-2011), neodude237 (01-24-2011)

Thanks

Engadget is saying it'll be a wholesale redesign which I think would be disappointing. The iP4 is so much sexier than any of the phones that are currently out there or that debuted at CES. Just fix the antenna issue and throw in a faster (dual core) processor and I'll be happy. Slimmer wouldn't hurt either lol

Thanks

I don't want to hear someone suicide again..

Looks like iPhone 5/iPad 2 will be close to each others release date..time to save up

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

I wanna know for sure what's in it. Where's Gray Powell when you need him? Someone get Jason Chen on the line.

Thanks

Guys, the only thing more annoying than people saying "first" is the five posts that result from it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

DRFP (01-24-2011), d_animality (01-24-2011), holygamer22 (01-24-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Good, but I think iP5 are not going to be sold like iP4, plus a lot of people that made an upgrade for the iP4 have to wait till at least their earlier upgrade, or pay the full price for something almost the same as iP4, I will wait for something with a big change, maybe iP6 or 7. I dont need more speed, iP4 is enough for me, just give me 4G network.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

My iPhone is a Part of Me primalscream.40's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Good, but I think iP5 are not going to be sold like iP4, plus a lot of people that made an upgrade for the iP4 have to wait till at least their earlier upgrade, or pay the full price for something almost the same as iP4, I will wait for something with a big change, maybe iP6 or 7. I dont need more speed, iP4 is enough for me, just give me 4G network.
    Agreed. But then again AT&T might be getting 4g. So that might be in the IP5. To bad I just got mine in October but I have 2 more lines that are coming due an upgrade

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    AWESOME!!!!!! my upgrade is in june so i wont have to wait long to get the IP5.........

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

Am I mistaken in saying so but doesn't the iPhone 4 already have the capability to run on AT&T's new 4g (3.5) faster network that they have just begun to roll out??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    Am I mistaken in saying so but doesn't the iPhone 4 already have the capability to run on AT&T's new 4g (3.5) faster network that they have just begun to roll out??
    Yes, you're mistaken.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually AT&T is first rolling out hspa+ "4g"(3.5) and then lte "4g"(3.9), whereas verizon has already unveiled their lte but has no phone for it.

And it is pretty sad that apple might not provide a "4g" capable iPhone until 2012.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

I know verizon could have a 4g phone but they don't yet, they just have their 4g hotspot device. I heard verizon isn't releasing a 4g phone for a couple more months.

In all honesty I'm debating whether or not to get the next iPhone or android.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Atleast the workers look happy lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Bring on the iPhone 5.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I am skipping the 5. Little things frustrate me about the iPhone like: no removable battery, no carrier selection menu, no way to delete music or movies without using a computer, and I would like a screen the size of the EVO without having to actually go out and buy an EVO. The phone is awesome, don't get me wrong, but I don't see any major improvements luring me into the iPhone 5. The ipad2 however....

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I am skipping the 5. Little things frustrate me about the iPhone like: no removable battery, no carrier selection menu, no way to delete music or movies without using a computer, and I would like a screen the size of the EVO without having to actually go out and buy an EVO. The phone is awesome, don't get me wrong, but I don't see any major improvements luring me into the iPhone 5. The ipad2 however....
    How can you say that, neither of those devices have been unveiled yet...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
    Atleast the workers look happy lol
    They aren't.

Thanks

You left out "lock you out of the filesystem", meaning no file upload (unless you pay $6 for an app like I did, though it's only useful when used with iFile).

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

DRFP (01-24-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 687 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iPittsburgh View Post
    I know verizon could have a 4g phone but they don't yet, they just have their 4g hotspot device. I heard verizon isn't releasing a 4g phone for a couple more months.

In all honesty I'm debating whether or not to get the next iPhone or android.
    I'm going Motorola Atrix MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G - Android 2.2 Smartphone - Wireless from AT&T

As with others have said in here, i agree, getting tired of the drama and waiting and waiting for untethered JB

It's been 2 months and now they want to wait for the Verzion IPhone to come out and then Apple releases 4.3 beta and now they want to wait till 4.3 gets released and who knows when that's going to be????? Then by that time they will probably announce IOS 5 then they will want to wait for that!!!!!