+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: China's Commercial Daily: iPhone 5 Production Starts in May

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I really don't understand this fascination with removable batteries. The mechanisms implemented to make the batteries removable take up a lot of valuable space. Space that could be used for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I really don't understand this fascination with removable batteries. The mechanisms implemented to make the batteries removable take up a lot of valuable space. Space that could be used for more battery. Will someone please explain why it's so important to be able to remove your battery? In case you drop it in water? Just turn it off and stick it in a bag of rice. I've known two people who sent their iPhone through the washing machine and both iPhones worked just fine after they had time to dry out. Replacing the battery? Most people upgrade before that even becomes necessary, but even so I've replaced iPhone batteries. It's really not that difficult. Just tedious. Maybe to keep the government from tracking you? I'm pretty sure I'm not that interesting to the government, but if I really needed to hide I could just leave my phone at home.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Ok. Can you please leave the site now? Not to be mean, but why are you here?
    Seriously! It's like these ppl have nothing better to do then come on here and try and convert us iPhone users to a lower standard!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Seriously! It's like these ppl have nothing better to do then come on here and try and convert us iPhone users to a lower standard!
    Werd

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Erm, 4G speeds won't be out till about next year. Forgot where I read that and as for current 4G speeds they are only about a certain percentage of the actually speeds.
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I don't really have a problem with the people that actually say why, but it's the people that just say "ANDROID!11!" that annoy me.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ev_ol View Post
    I really don't understand this fascination with removable batteries. The mechanisms implemented to make the batteries removable take up a lot of valuable space. Space that could be used for more battery. Will someone please explain why it's so important to be able to remove your battery? In case you drop it in water? Just turn it off and stick it in a bag of rice. I've known two people who sent their iPhone through the washing machine and both iPhones worked just fine after they had time to dry out. Replacing the battery? Most people upgrade before that even becomes necessary, but even so I've replaced iPhone batteries. It's really not that difficult. Just tedious. Maybe to keep the government from tracking you? I'm pretty sure I'm not that interesting to the government, but if I really needed to hide I could just leave my phone at home.
    Because I hate having to be near an outlet everyday, all day. If I had a spare battery half of my complaints about the iPhone would be gone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prox View Post
    Erm, 4G speeds won't be out till about next year. Forgot where I read that and as for current 4G speeds they are only about a certain percentage of the actually speeds.
    Yes true 4g speed wont be available for another year but lte, wimax, and hspa+ are faster than current 3g im not about to complain about a faster network.

And I agree with captain chaos, I really dont like to have to be near an outlet all day long. Yes there are the "juice packs" but id rather have a spare battery.
    Last edited by iPittsburgh; 01-25-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Default Removable Battery
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Because I hate having to be near an outlet everyday, all day. If I had a spare battery half of my complaints about the iPhone would be gone.
    I too don't understand the removable battery thing. The battery is larger and there are fewer parts and connectors to fail.

I understand the need for recharging the iPhone every day, but it is the extremely rare occasion that I am not near an outlet, computer, or car where I can recharge my iPhone. If I'm going to be away from an outlet, I just bring my USB cable. Remembering the cable is no more problem than remembering an extra battery and I don't have to deal with charging 2 (or more) batteries.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by primalscream.40 View Post
    Agreed. But then again AT&T might be getting 4g. So that might be in the IP5. To bad I just got mine in October but I have 2 more lines that are coming due an upgrade
    i doubt that ip5 will have 4g capabilities i mean the first iphone did even 3g when the network had a great 3g network already, theyll wait for that
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123