Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: China's Commercial Daily: iPhone 5 Production Starts in May

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    How can you say that, neither of those devices have been unveiled yet...
    It is simple to say. iPhones are becoming more compact. So, there isn't room for a bigger battery, a bigger screen. AT&T has locked the Carrier Selection Menu out of their phones. It is not going to be made public. As far as the iPad2 goes it is a no brainer... Apple pushes out little improvements over the course of years for their products so you have a reason to upgrade. The iPad2 will be no exception. It will have an internal boost that will make a huge difference when compared to the iPad1.

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Verizon could have a 4g phone, sprint does.
    Sprint's 4G is the same speed, and in many markets, slower than T-Mo's HSPA+ speed. HSPA+ is widely considered 3.5G but I don't care what you call it, if its fast, its good.

And by "widely available" 4G android handsets you mean the Evo and the Epic? Two (three if you count the Shift) phones on the same carrier hardly constitute "widely available" in my book.

Just because a bunch were introduced at CES doesn't mean much. We may see a 4G iPhone within the same time-frame as many of those phones showcased at CES.

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    its frustrating when you read how Apple wants to kill JB, its not what the customers want, but then again Apple is not about what customers want.......
    Yeah because catering to what 5-10% the market wants is good business. Because leaving open potential security holes (JB exploits) is good business.
    Last edited by jdm.accord; 01-24-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

No 4g is true 4g but Im not gonna complain as long as they (wimax, lte, hspa+) are faster than 3G

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I am skipping the 5. Little things frustrate me about the iPhone like: no removable battery, no carrier selection menu, no way to delete music or movies without using a computer, and I would like a screen the size of the EVO without having to actually go out and buy an EVO. The phone is awesome, don't get me wrong, but I don't see any major improvements luring me into the iPhone 5. The ipad2 however....
    I'm sick of apple holding everyone back with what they're capable of .theyre not proving their worth anymore to me I believe it time I say good bye to apple and hello to android. *waves iPhone community* it's been a nice ride

Thanks

Apple is in business to make money, no different than GE, windows, and any other large corporation.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    I'm sick of apple holding everyone back with what they're capable of .theyre not proving their worth anymore to me I believe it time I say good bye to apple and hello to android. *waves iPhone community* it's been a nice ride
    In their defense, they have come a long way in a few years in the Mobile industry. Manufacturers that have been in the industry far longer than Apple are trying to emulate them now. My wireless carrier contract will dictate my upgrades from now on. Not a yearly handset.

Thanks

Agreed! Upgrades don't necessarily have to mean an entirely new phone....i'm surprised we're not seeing an iPhone 4GS 1st....hahahhahaha! Thinner, lighter, 8mp camera to compete with Android, dual core processors to speed things up...that's all i want for my early CHRISTMAS :]

The reason they weren't able to do more iPhone 4 beta testing is because that guy lost it while he was testing it.

and i prayed for coming it during the first cuarter of the year -.-
    Last edited by Skater_2409; 01-24-2011 at 04:33 PM.

I'm not sure I understand the adroid hoopla in this forum right now. I've played with plenty of those adroids...I mean seriously... It doesn't even operate smoothly.... Scrolling is terrible... It isn't very responsive. The typing on the keyboard is terrible... The OS doesnt seem very organized. The screens look crappy. I've played with.... Evo..... Incredible.... X.... Hd2... Etc etc. The windows phones ive played with i thought were nicer. I'm not a fanboy. I would gladly purchase a phone if it worked and functioned better then the one I have now. So... I don't understand. I think android sucks. That's my 2 cents

I haven't done it once. I've checked out many......many of these devices. I don't like that OS. I simply do not like it. Newest firmware version or not... Just simply scroll in the messages app... Pick any phone and any version. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that one is mine...lol I'm sure I'll check out the new atrix as soon as it's available. Maybe droid was "made" for that phone

I don't like the zooming either.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    You left out "lock you out of the filesystem", meaning no file upload (unless you pay $6 for an app like I did, though it's only useful when used with iFile).
    iFile is a must have app

I hate to day this, The only good thing about iPhones is the touch screen

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Don't know about that. iOS is pretty sweet

I agree. Definitely good to have competition. Telling you what exact phone on the newest firmwares available to the them should be good enough for arguments sake. The droid x my friend got 3 weeks ago I messed with and did not like. My parents just got the incredible last week and I showed them both a few things with the phones. Comparing it to iOS isn't even close. Sorry. If you like that you should give the iPhone to you boy and take the captivate.... Enjoy! The other thing too is the phones are all a little different and maybe a few features are different but the operating system is the same. Feels very generic

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't think I'd like the iPhone 4 design, but once I got a hold of one I really liked it! So hopefully if they do a new design it'll be sleek and sexy like the others!

Thanks

I agree with SB that iOS is pretty sweet and sleek. And like it even more after being jailbroken. However hardware leaves a little left to be desired for me, I would prefer a slightly larger screen, removable battery wouldn't hurt either.

To call android generic though is quite a stretch now, in the beginning yes I would agree with you but with their new software and phones like the nexus s and galaxy s phones android has become quite a contender.

Haven't used a windows 7 phone too much but the little but when I did it was very intriguing.

Hopefully competition will do nothing give us consumers phenomenal phones.
    Last edited by iPittsburgh; 01-24-2011 at 09:59 PM.

People must see the light; ANDROID !

Quote Originally Posted by Undying_Pain View Post
    People must see the light; ANDROID !
    Ok. Can you please leave the site now? Not to be mean, but why are you here?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast