+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: China's Commercial Daily: iPhone 5 Production Starts in May

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by vantheman169 How can you say that, neither of those devices have been unveiled yet... It is simple to say. iPhones are becoming more compact. So, there isn't
...
  1. #21
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,825
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    How can you say that, neither of those devices have been unveiled yet...
    It is simple to say. iPhones are becoming more compact. So, there isn't room for a bigger battery, a bigger screen. AT&T has locked the Carrier Selection Menu out of their phones. It is not going to be made public. As far as the iPad2 goes it is a no brainer... Apple pushes out little improvements over the course of years for their products so you have a reason to upgrade. The iPad2 will be no exception. It will have an internal boost that will make a huge difference when compared to the iPad1.

  2. #22
    iPhoneaholic jdm.accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 57 Times in 46 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Verizon could have a 4g phone, sprint does.
    Sprint's 4G is the same speed, and in many markets, slower than T-Mo's HSPA+ speed. HSPA+ is widely considered 3.5G but I don't care what you call it, if its fast, its good.

    And by "widely available" 4G android handsets you mean the Evo and the Epic? Two (three if you count the Shift) phones on the same carrier hardly constitute "widely available" in my book.

    Just because a bunch were introduced at CES doesn't mean much. We may see a 4G iPhone within the same time-frame as many of those phones showcased at CES.

    Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    its frustrating when you read how Apple wants to kill JB, its not what the customers want, but then again Apple is not about what customers want.......
    Yeah because catering to what 5-10% the market wants is good business. Because leaving open potential security holes (JB exploits) is good business.
    Last edited by jdm.accord; 01-24-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #23
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    989
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 102 Times in 99 Posts

    No 4g is true 4g but Im not gonna complain as long as they (wimax, lte, hspa+) are faster than 3G

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I am skipping the 5. Little things frustrate me about the iPhone like: no removable battery, no carrier selection menu, no way to delete music or movies without using a computer, and I would like a screen the size of the EVO without having to actually go out and buy an EVO. The phone is awesome, don't get me wrong, but I don't see any major improvements luring me into the iPhone 5. The ipad2 however....
    I'm sick of apple holding everyone back with what they're capable of .theyre not proving their worth anymore to me I believe it time I say good bye to apple and hello to android. *waves iPhone community* it's been a nice ride

  5. #25
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    989
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 102 Times in 99 Posts

    Apple is in business to make money, no different than GE, windows, and any other large corporation.

  6. #26
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,825
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    I'm sick of apple holding everyone back with what they're capable of .theyre not proving their worth anymore to me I believe it time I say good bye to apple and hello to android. *waves iPhone community* it's been a nice ride
    In their defense, they have come a long way in a few years in the Mobile industry. Manufacturers that have been in the industry far longer than Apple are trying to emulate them now. My wireless carrier contract will dictate my upgrades from now on. Not a yearly handset.

  7. #27
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,541
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 170 Times in 122 Posts

    Agreed! Upgrades don't necessarily have to mean an entirely new phone....i'm surprised we're not seeing an iPhone 4GS 1st....hahahhahaha! Thinner, lighter, 8mp camera to compete with Android, dual core processors to speed things up...that's all i want for my early CHRISTMAS :]

  8. #28
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,382
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 466 Times in 378 Posts

    The reason they weren't able to do more iPhone 4 beta testing is because that guy lost it while he was testing it.

  9. #29
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    and i prayed for coming it during the first cuarter of the year -.-
    Last edited by Skater_2409; 01-24-2011 at 03:33 PM.

  10. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts

    I'm not sure I understand the adroid hoopla in this forum right now. I've played with plenty of those adroids...I mean seriously... It doesn't even operate smoothly.... Scrolling is terrible... It isn't very responsive. The typing on the keyboard is terrible... The OS doesnt seem very organized. The screens look crappy. I've played with.... Evo..... Incredible.... X.... Hd2... Etc etc. The windows phones ive played with i thought were nicer. I'm not a fanboy. I would gladly purchase a phone if it worked and functioned better then the one I have now. So... I don't understand. I think android sucks. That's my 2 cents

  11. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts

    I haven't done it once. I've checked out many......many of these devices. I don't like that OS. I simply do not like it. Newest firmware version or not... Just simply scroll in the messages app... Pick any phone and any version. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that one is mine...lol I'm sure I'll check out the new atrix as soon as it's available. Maybe droid was "made" for that phone

  12. #32
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,382
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 466 Times in 378 Posts

    I don't like the zooming either.

  13. #33
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    You left out "lock you out of the filesystem", meaning no file upload (unless you pay $6 for an app like I did, though it's only useful when used with iFile).
    iFile is a must have app

  14. #34
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    I hate to day this, The only good thing about iPhones is the touch screen

  15. #35
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Don't know about that. iOS is pretty sweet

  16. #36
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts

    I agree. Definitely good to have competition. Telling you what exact phone on the newest firmwares available to the them should be good enough for arguments sake. The droid x my friend got 3 weeks ago I messed with and did not like. My parents just got the incredible last week and I showed them both a few things with the phones. Comparing it to iOS isn't even close. Sorry. If you like that you should give the iPhone to you boy and take the captivate.... Enjoy! The other thing too is the phones are all a little different and maybe a few features are different but the operating system is the same. Feels very generic

  17. #37
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,224
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    I didn't think I'd like the iPhone 4 design, but once I got a hold of one I really liked it! So hopefully if they do a new design it'll be sleek and sexy like the others!

  18. #38
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    989
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 102 Times in 99 Posts

    I agree with SB that iOS is pretty sweet and sleek. And like it even more after being jailbroken. However hardware leaves a little left to be desired for me, I would prefer a slightly larger screen, removable battery wouldn't hurt either.

    To call android generic though is quite a stretch now, in the beginning yes I would agree with you but with their new software and phones like the nexus s and galaxy s phones android has become quite a contender.

    Haven't used a windows 7 phone too much but the little but when I did it was very intriguing.

    Hopefully competition will do nothing give us consumers phenomenal phones.
    Last edited by iPittsburgh; 01-24-2011 at 08:59 PM.

  19. #39
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    People must see the light; ANDROID !

  20. #40
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,382
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 466 Times in 378 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Undying_Pain View Post
    People must see the light; ANDROID !
    Ok. Can you please leave the site now? Not to be mean, but why are you here?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts