Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Appoints Ex-NSA, Navy Officer New Global Security Director

Quote Originally Posted by Xenthis View Post
    Until they find out how to force you to upgrade....
    It is Apple after all!
    Easy. Use their push server to remotely lock you out until you update. They already do something like this with the FindMyiPhone, don't they?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Easy. Use their push server to remotely lock you out until you update. They already do something like this with the FindMyiPhone, don't they?
    Probably... Ahh, the joys of having a jailbroken iPhone...
    You never know what you're gonna get.

Windows 7 x64
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 570 Classified SLI
    1200watt Antec PSU
    Haf X
    EVGA P67 FTW
    Corsair H80
    Corsair Vengeance 16gig 8-8-8-24
    Sony Optiarc 24x

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Airplane mode forever, then. I'm not going down without a fight.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Oh it's coming just like how they do ATV

Quote Originally Posted by j_alicea View Post
    I think this is being read into incorrectly...I really doubt Apple has brought this guy in to try and stop Jailbreaking...

The article, as it stands is talking about securing information, because of the enterprise and governmental markets that Apple is pushing for. For that reason, they would want someone like this on their side, to ease the minds of the corporations/government agencies considering using the iPhone. For these companies/agencies, the security of information is vital, and would require the highest security measures possible.

That being said, as a result of him coming on board, it is possible that it could make Jailbreaking more difficult. But only time will tell.

I love my iPhone, jailbroken or not. I love it more when it is jailbroken, but I personally would not switch to another phone even if I couldn't Jailbreak anymore.

So, if your that unhappy with Apple and the restrictions on the iPhone, just do something about it and stop complaining...if you're smart enough, figure out a way to jailbreak yourself...otherwise switch to Android so we don't have to hear you constantly whining...
    I'm not sure who your talking to but no one was whining, just standing how apple cares so much about jailbreaking than adding features. I feel the same way about jailbreaking, it doesn't benefit me that much but look at all the features we could of had if they put the jailbreaking resources into features we would be full of features.
    Last edited by onthezone; 01-24-2011 at 04:51 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea he seems more like a symbol not a threat. Kind of like a president, might not do much but it sounds good say you have him on your team.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EskimoRuler For This Useful Post:

vantheman169 (01-25-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoRuler View Post
    Yea he seems more like a symbol not a threat. Kind of like a president, might not do much but it sounds good say you have him on your team.
    Haha true

So they expect AquaMan To stop Jailbreaking? Ohhk...

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_alicea View Post
    I think this is being read into incorrectly...I really doubt Apple has brought this guy in to try and stop Jailbreaking...

The article, as it stands is talking about securing information, because of the enterprise and governmental markets that Apple is pushing for. For that reason, they would want someone like this on their side, to ease the minds of the corporations/government agencies considering using the iPhone. For these companies/agencies, the security of information is vital, and would require the highest security measures possible.

That being said, as a result of him coming on board, it is possible that it could make Jailbreaking more difficult. But only time will tell.

I love my iPhone, jailbroken or not. I love it more when it is jailbroken, but I personally would not switch to another phone even if I couldn't Jailbreak anymore.

So, if your that unhappy with Apple and the restrictions on the iPhone, just do something about it and stop complaining...if you're smart enough, figure out a way to jailbreak yourself...otherwise switch to Android so we don't have to hear you constantly whining...
    buddy are you reading the same thread as i am?

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

well if they hired him to sop jailbreaking, two things happen, one that scares me and one that makes me laugh, if a jailbreak is found in iOS 5, assuming that will be his priority
    1 our national security sucks and could easily be taken over
    2 they higher idiots compared to the hackers in the cyber world

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

NSA, that's where I'm going when I graduate! They're building a huge NSA building just 20 min from where I live, it's going to be sweet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Damn!!! It's just "jailbreaking", why they gotta hire this dude for? Lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont think this guy will have anything on the iPhone Dev team. If there's a will there's a way. Good luck mr. nsa doochbag. #FAIL

Overpaid in the military and really overpaid by Apple. Great and for what, doing what we want to do to our devices? Because i want a pull to refresh on my mail? Because i like to make a ringtone out of songs i already own and actually use it as a ringtone or a different SMS? Come on, jailbreaking tweaks are endless! Get over yourself APPLE you will never stop us from jailbreaking, and if you do, i will throw my shiny iPhone on ebay and go for something else. But for now iPhone all the way.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 01-25-2011 at 06:45 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is simply a board game a race. When apple moves, we'll move faster.
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    This is epic....lol You think if the iphone 5 gets jailbroke under his watch, that he will be shamed and fired?
    Hope Mr. NSA gets a hefty parting gift when he gets let go. With the drop of the i5 and this guys sick resume, it's gonna make the fued between JB-Devs a giant hug/brawl as to see who makes this guy go back to Annapolis and relearn pascal 2.0.
    And for you Mr. NSA - PEACE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12