Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 146

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: "Jailbreak Monte" Ported to iOS 4.1, 4.3 Is Next

  1. #21
    "When the next version of redsn0w is released, you'll only need iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs, which redsn0w will fetch for you whether or not you'd backed yours up: Apple is still giving those to everyone from their servers."
    Please read

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lasseopa For This Useful Post:

    nordlead (01-23-2011)

  3. #22
    I have an Ipad currently jailbroken on 3.2.2 - how is this going to help us Ipad owners - I may be mistaken but there is no 4.1 SHSH blobs for the Ipad

    Am I wrong?

  4. #23
    Default Clarify for us
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasseopa View Post
    "When the next version of redsn0w is released, you'll only need iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs, which redsn0w will fetch for you whether or not you'd backed yours up: Apple is still giving those to everyone from their servers."
    Please read
    I think where the confusion is taking place is here:

    Apple will not "sign" a 4.1 IPSW BUT apple will give you your 4.1 SHSH blobs. Redsn0w takes what apple is giving (4.1 SHSH Blob) and inserts it into the JB process to complete the JB Monte.

    Am I on target here?

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxicpopcorn View Post
    I think where the confusion is taking place is here:

    Apple will not "sign" a 4.1 IPSW BUT apple will give you your 4.1 SHSH blobs. Redsn0w takes what apple is giving (4.1 SHSH Blob) and inserts it into the JB process to complete the JB Monte.

    Am I on target here?
    Man I hope that's what it really means., been waiting to jailbreak my ipod Touch 4g.. iphone 4 i could care less I have blobs for every firmware on that *****..

  6. #25
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,789
    Thanks
    7,002
    Thanked 15,560 Times in 7,112 Posts

    Apple will not give you shsh blobs for 4.1. Redsnow will get the required 4.1 shsh from cydias server if you saved them there when apple was still signing 4.1.

  7. #26
    I used jailbreakme while on 4.0.1 and have been hesitant to re-jailbreak with updated versions...do I just hang until gp or lime? I'm having network issues that AT&T suggests could be related to not updating...

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Apple will not give you shsh blobs for 4.1. Redsnow will get the required 4.1 shsh from cydias server if you saved them there when apple was still signing 4.1.
    Youre english might be better than mine,but what i read is very clear

    "which redsn0w will fetch for you WEATHER OR NOT you'd backed yours up!!"

    means it doeasnt matter if you backed up your own blops,redsnow will fetch it anyway!

    Otherwise you couldnt use it for the ipad ,but its planned for all ios devices!

    Regards
    Last edited by mabuse; 01-23-2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Corrections

  9. #28
    this is ridiculous I just want an untethered 4.2 jailbreak since my wife's i4 came with 4.2...

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by MPS3 View Post
    i want jailbrake
    I want grammar

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to KBI2113 For This Useful Post:

    aidanski (01-23-2011)

  12. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelerika View Post
    I used jailbreakme while on 4.0.1 and have been hesitant to re-jailbreak with updated versions...do I just hang until gp or lime? I'm having network issues that AT&T suggests could be related to not updating...
    Not true. I was having network issues also and it ended up being one of there towers was down for 4G upgrade. AT&T wanted me to update but I refused since my based band is still at 1.59.0. What's funny about that also my friends started to have issues with thier i3G when they were on 3.1.2. this happened right after firmware 4.2.1 came out and they synced thier iPhones and refused to update. So I see it more of Apple doing the AT&T network issue fourcing you to upgrade.
    Last edited by XFaega; 01-23-2011 at 01:30 PM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to XFaega For This Useful Post:

    Kelerika (01-23-2011)

  14. #31
    Default PLEASE - Someone Clarify
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Apple will not give you shsh blobs for 4.1. Redsnow will get the required 4.1 shsh from cydias server if you saved them there when apple was still signing 4.1.
    Read the post bro...

    When the next version of redsn0w is released, you'll only need iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs, which redsn0w will fetch for you whether or not you'd backed yours up: Apple is still giving those to everyone from their servers.

    I interpret this to mean - Hey, whether or not you backed up your SHSH blobs is irrelevant because Redsn0w with take them from the Apple servers which are still giving people there 4.1 Blobs and Redsn0w will use these 4.1 Blobs as the basis for an untethered JB for all to use on 4.2.1. Again, regardless of whether you backed up your 4.1 blobs or not.

    Please , someone clarify this. Either the article is way off target or people are misinterpreting what the article implies.

    In any event, the technical aspects outlined in this article could have been much better articulated.

  15. #32

  16. #33
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Daniel Ash
    When the next version of redsn0w is released, you'll only need iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs, which redsn0w will fetch for you whether or not you'd backed yours up: Apple is still giving those to everyone from their servers.
    Wait, what about iPad?
    It doesn't have 4.1 blobs.

  17. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by MPS3 View Post
    i want jailbrake
    Grow up.

  18. #35
    I received my i4 on december 30th... I can only save on 4.2.1... Hope i will do somthing with this !!!!

    Thank you

  19. #36
    this confuses me because you stated 4.1shsh can still be obtained even if you never backed it up. but i'm hearing from a lot of my friends they only have 4.2.1 shsh listed and they are running 4.1 but they never jailbroke till about a few weeks ago.

    what gives?

  20. #37
    How can I jailbreak my iPod 4.2.1 from the my iPod?

  21. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxicpopcorn View Post
    Read the post bro...

    When the next version of redsn0w is released, you'll only need iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs, which redsn0w will fetch for you whether or not you'd backed yours up: Apple is still giving those to everyone from their servers.

    I interpret this to mean - Hey, whether or not you backed up your SHSH blobs is irrelevant because Redsn0w with take them from the Apple servers which are still giving people there 4.1 Blobs and Redsn0w will use these 4.1 Blobs as the basis for an untethered JB for all to use on 4.2.1. Again, regardless of whether you backed up your 4.1 blobs or not.

    Please , someone clarify this. Either the article is way off target or people are misinterpreting what the article implies.

    In any event, the technical aspects outlined in this article could have been much better articulated.
    so by this logic, all the users like me who bought an iphone 4 recently that came loaded with 4.2.1 will be able to use this jailbreak? i'm not sure if we're interpreting it correctly or not, but that's what i get from reading this post and OP's post

  22. #39
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,023
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 788 Times in 731 Posts

    Mr expert x98car . So much confusion in the community .... Please confirm. This ole man is confused

    In your prior post, you referenced this tweet by MuscleNerd
    " Twitter / MuscleNerd: @ifish12 Monte-4.1 has no ... ",
    Apple is currently serving 4.1 IPSW from their servers.

    Does 'serving' also mean 'signing' ?
    If yes, all devices?
    If yes, why are so many having trouble getting from TinyUmbrella?

  23. #40
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,789
    Thanks
    7,002
    Thanked 15,560 Times in 7,112 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Mr expert x98car . So much confusion in the community .... Please confirm. This ole man is confused

    In your prior post, you referenced this tweet by MuscleNerd
    " Twitter / MuscleNerd: @ifish12 Monte-4.1 has no ... ",
    Apple is currently serving 4.1 IPSW from their servers.

    Does 'serving' also mean 'signing' ?
    If yes, all devices?
    If yes, why are so many having trouble getting from TinyUmbrella?
    Apple is not signing 4.1 SHSH. Apple is allowing 4.1 firmware to still be downloaded from their servers. That is what MuscleNerd was saying. This redsnow that uses the monte hack will only work if you have your 4.1 SHSH on file with cydia.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Mes (01-23-2011)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •