+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Themes Section Comes to Cydia

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Saurik has updated Cydia to reveal another exciting new feature to the premiere jailbreak app. He's added a new "Themes" store right on the front page, allowing easy access to
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default New Themes Section Comes to Cydia

Saurik has updated Cydia to reveal another exciting new feature to the premiere jailbreak app. He's added a new "Themes" store right on the front page, allowing easy access to Themes, specifically designed for your specific screen.

Upon tapping the new Themes button, the landing page asks whether you'd like to look at HD (retina display) or SD (iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS) themes. There's also a 'Featured Artisits' section. Tapping on any of these will bring up tons of downloadable themes that can easily be added via Winterboard. The Theme Store offers both free and paid themes for download. Each of themes have a design page that allows the user to see the theme before it is bought and downloaded.

Saurik writes that he "is not in charge of updating this area" and that users can expect to see "biweekly" updates to the Theme Store from the artists. Saurik also adds that with the release of Cydia version 1.1 "immanent", users will soon be able to directly nominate artists so that they may be added to the Featured Artists section, and that once Cydia is updated, Winterboard will then be updated accordingly. EDIT 01/23/11: ModMyi, MacCiti, and PlanetiPhones are responsible for choosing who goes into this theme section every couple weeks.

As the project gets underway, Saurik has asked the theme community to provide suggestions on IRC by joining #winterboard on irc.saurik.com. With this added feature and a new release coming very soon, Cydia, Jailbreakiing, and Theming look more exciting than ever. It can be expected that this new Theme Store, directly accessed from Cydia, and part of the ongoing project to create a complete index of all Cydia packages, will bring an influx of Theme Artists who may have otherwise fallen through the woodwork.

Here some screens from the new Themes Store, make sure to check out the new section for yourself:

Source:
    Cydia

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Savoca For This Useful Post:

elfboyz (01-23-2011), Spotnec (01-23-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting... Certainly a much needed improvement.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quick response to the upcoming Themeit store. Kinda reminds me of the whole limera1n/GP fiasco with saurik's update coming 1 day before the Themeit launch! Seriously saurik what are you trying to get at here? First you swallowed up rock and then publicly opposed the launch of an alternative theme store. Now you've gone and created your own? Are you like a mini-me steve jobs trying to control all that is jailbroken or are you trying to avoid fragmentation and keep everything tidy and in 1 place? Wait a second don't you take a cut from the cydia store? Well deserved I'm sure but why try to stifle healthy competition?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WHAT!?!? NO iPad section

Banned
    Thanks

Tryna compete with Themeit I see?

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahahaha great timing!!! And the competition has officially begun. Of course it already started, but firing back is when things really get interesting.

iPhone? More like MyPhone KBI2113's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvhurlburt View Post
    Quick response to the upcoming Themeit store. Kinda reminds me of the whole limera1n/GP fiasco with saurik's update coming 1 day before the Themeit launch! Seriously saurik what are you trying to get at here? First you swallowed up rock and then publicly opposed the launch of an alternative theme store. Now you've gone and created your own? Are you like a mini-me steve jobs trying to control all that is jailbroken or are you trying to avoid fragmentation and keep everything tidy and in 1 place? Wait a second don't you take a cut from the cydia store? Well deserved I'm sure but why try to stifle healthy competition?
    This post isn't about ThemeIt, so take that story here- ThemeIt: A New Theme Store App Brings Competition to Cydia
    I'm personally excited about this update. Anything new that I can learn more about is always a positive.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,779 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI View Post
    Tryna compete with Themeit I see?
    (pretty sure it's the other way around)

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (01-24-2011), coolguy742 (01-24-2011), Doran (01-23-2011), Nick Hesson (01-23-2011), reddawg (01-23-2011), reznor9 (01-23-2011), SnowLeo (01-23-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    The way I see it, it's both ways.

No Cydia = No themeiT
    No ThemeiT = no Cydia update for themes

But this is all good, lovin the changes

Green Apple
    Thanks

Umm...how's that? He only released this when ThemeIt refused to "not release" because saurik is becoming like Steve Jobs and wants to control everything. Like a previous poster said: No themeit = no cydia update

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah where's the iPad section, Saurik? D:<

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Well well, isn't competition great?

"A horse never runs so fast as when he has other horses to catch up and outpace."
    -Ovid

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if this is to combat that new theme website that's to come out soon. On another note, I hate winterboard. When i installed it the shadow effect on the icon names were replaced with grey text. Very lame, but if someone out there knows how to get the iOS 4 text shadow back let me know because i couldn't figure it out.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

This featured theme section has been in the works since December.

Although it was something that was always to be done.
    #eli7e revived me

17. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

Nick Hesson (01-23-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is old news

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    I wonder if this is to combat that new theme website that's to come out soon. On another note, I hate winterboard. When i installed it the shadow effect on the icon names were replaced with grey text. Very lame, but if someone out there knows how to get the iOS 4 text shadow back let me know because i couldn't figure it out.
    I'll upload a free package to fix that for you tonight.
    #eli7e revived me

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Go to WinterBoard and turn on White Icon Labels. This should fix the problem. I f you dont find it you will have to reinstall WinterBoard then it should be there.

Thanks

I'm not trying to complain but.........Honestly, I've seen crap in terms of iPad themes and they don't even have a section for it? When are we going to get some? Its coming up on a year it's been out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool, maybe Jay did this because of the upcoming competition from themeit?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Pretty sure you're wrong, and it was pretty shady of Saurik to kindly ask ThemeIt to delay their release and then all-of-a-sudden he drops this? C'mon, that's just weak. He asked them to delay their release intentionally so he had time to get this up and running. Sorry I'm pointing out the obvious. ThemeIt just looks better, and even though Saurik has given us a new way to see themes on Cydia, it doesn't change the fact that they'll still be the old non-updated ones like before regardless of what text he's written to promise otherwise.

(Prove me wrong Cydia)
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast