+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple’s Latest Commercial touts “Two is better than one”

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
a farking phone is a farking phone....geez, apple users are nuts nowadays to even care so much about how compatible the phone with a network. KNowing apple, it will ssux
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

a farking phone is a farking phone....geez, apple users are nuts nowadays to even care so much about how compatible the phone with a network. KNowing apple, it will ssux as usual for any new products, so just hold off getting any Verizon phone for at least 6 mths.

Thanks

Is Verizon not going to charge extra for the mobile hotspot feature? If not, I'd expect AT&T to follow suit real soon.

That would also spell the end of MyWi.

Thanks

Inb4 parody commercials where they both get phone calls and the verizon guy figures out he can't use data

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

3 is better than 2.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    As stated some are happy that Verizon is getting the iPhone and some are not. Nice commercial however I can't wait to see how the iPhone is going to be on Verizon's network. I have liked At&t because of the good customer service they have over Verizon. When I was on Verizon I did not like where their stores are or customer service.

If I ever changed over to Verizon it would be because At&t service is pretty bad in my area in Florida. I get sick of the dropped calls down here.

Also if Verizon ever wanted me I would have to get everything I have right now with At&t. Unlimited data on my iPads, unlimited data on my iPhones, unlimited texting and unlimited voice for the same price as I am paying right now... if they did this then I would have to really think about being able to talk and check email and such before changing over...
    I agree. I have Verizon FiOS installed 2 weeks ago. I knew beforehand that Verizon customer service sucks but was so fu'''''' stupid to get their FiOS service. Now I can not FTP into my Western Digital network drive. I called the customer service and as expected they were horrible. They wanted me to upgrade to $20 something per month plan to get support for the service that I got just 2 weeks ago. Is Verizon Fu'''''' stupid!!! Why would you not provide a simple customer service if something is not working. Anyway! after I got hold on to someone to help me for free they transferred me to someone else who said its not the right department and then another rep and then another rep. On the other phone I was on the cusomter service for the make of the router that verizon provided me "Actiontec" and when they came online they said that first level support is provided by verizon and not them. So when finally I got someone from verizon they said they do not know how to fix the problem and made a 3 way call to Actiontec again. The actionstec person did what he had to do and then later said that Verizon is blocking all the ports. WTFFF!!!!! I was so pissed off!!!! Why would you do that? No ISP in US does that. No ISP around the world that I know of does that, then why Verizon? Is there no consumer law about it. Why Verizon always has monopoly in the market and noone can do anything about it. I knew it in the first place that verizon is blocking the ports as I checked in dnydns.org but I wanted to verizon to hear it from the actiontec. The verizon rep denied that verizon do not bloxk any ports but later after 2 minutes of technical argument he said that verizon do blocks all the ports and if I want to unblock the ports then I need to sign up for Business account. whatttttttttttt???????????? Fucc""""" so much monopoly in the market by these companies and noone can do anything. Ofcourse it all happens by bribing all the authorities in the name of gifts or donations so that respective govt regulatory authorities can keep their eyes shut and corporations can do the business. So insane! And they call it free country, freedom of everything.
    I am so pissedddd off!!!! An then the rep said someone will call me back in two days and its been over a week now and as expected from Verizon noone called. Shame on you Verizon!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'd like to see the commerical without simulated screens and on each network's 3G signal. Lets see how well the AT&T phone keeps up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    I'd like to see the commerical without simulated screens and on each network's 3G signal. Lets see how well the AT&T phone keeps up.
    Since CDMA is slower, the AT&T iphone will probably be just as fast at 3 bars as the VZ iphone is at 5 bars

Twitter: @tshoults

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Verizon actually had the first opportunity to carry the iPhone and turned it down - basically for 2 public reasons: first, they didn't want to support "Visual Voicemail", though it is now somewhat of a standard. And second, they didn't believe the device would catch on. Boy, were they wrong.

Apple/Steve are about making money and keeping a loyal customer base. No compromise on features offered by the product. Verizon is as big or bigger of. A "control freak" company as any... Thus the reason it too years for Verizon to capitulate and take on the iPhone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzdre View Post
    i work for a radioshack and we have a att rep that comes in every 2 weeks to let us know the info on the network and plans... The ATT iphone is slightly different than the VERIZON version...with the ATT iphone 4 you can talk on the phone while surfing the web and downloading apps....with the Verizon you can not do that....ATT will be rolling out the LTE service very soon and with VERIZON iphone they will be using their OLD CMDA network(wont be as fast and you think)if u dont believe me just wait til the verizon phone hit the market.
    They're both rolling out LTE for internet. So that's not exactly true. Plus AT&T is calling their upgraded HSPA+ network '4G' so when AT&T brings '4G' to your neighborhood, it might not be LTE.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Really want to hear the feed back from verizon iPhone customers. And I want to see how the network is going to hold up on launch day, because I think AT&T did a great job when the ip4 came out
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattman View Post
    Verizon actually had the first opportunity to carry the iPhone and turned it down - basically for 2 public reasons: first, they didn't want to support "Visual Voicemail", though it is now somewhat of a standard. And second, they didn't believe the device would catch on. Boy, were they wrong.

Apple/Steve are about making money and keeping a loyal customer base. No compromise on features offered by the product. Verizon is as big or bigger of. A "control freak" company as any... Thus the reason it too years for Verizon to capitulate and take on the iPhone.
    Really? Where is your source? Because VZ said that they were never in the running for the first carrier to get the iPhone.

Twitter: @tshoults

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't wait until the two phones can be tested side by side. I've had no trouble with my AT&T service, but I honestly believe Verizon is better.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Really? Where is your source? Because VZ said that they were never in the running for the first carrier to get the iPhone.
    yeah it was true, Verizon VP himself said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Gerace - January 29th 2007
    USA Today's Leslie Cauley reports today that Verizon Wireless "passed on the chance to be the exclusive distributor of the iPhone almost two years ago, balking at Apple's rich financial Terms and other demands."

Apple wanted a percentage of the monthly access fees, final say on where and how iPhones could be distributed, and total control of the customer service relationship with iPhone users. "We said no," says Verizon Wireless vice president Jim Gerace. "We have nothing bad to say about the Apple iPhone. We just couldn't reach a deal that was mutually beneficial."
    The Wireless Weblog: Verizon Wireless Said No to the iPhone

Verizon rejected Apple iPhone deal - USATODAY.com

Verizon Wireless passed on iPhone two years ago - CNET News

Verizon: Who Needs the iPhone? - BusinessWeek

I guess now it's a different story.
    Verizon just has to suck it up and listen to all of Steve's demands.

Thanks

Lol thank you for your excessive use of sources. Haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Lol thank you for your excessive use of sources. Haha
    no worries
    Actually, I have those sources saved in my bookmark.
    They were my references when I was working on a financial report - talking about 'corporate big mistake'.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123