+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple’s Latest Commercial touts “Two is better than one”

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
why would the wifi hotspot be free. my brother has a droid and it cost like $20 a month along with everything else. the best bet is the get the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    why would the wifi hotspot be free. my brother has a droid and it cost like $20 a month along with everything else. the best bet is the get the verizon iphone, wait for a jailbreak and install mywi. i cant wait to get rid of my envy touch(which is a piece of crap and finally get a iphone)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice commercial. Just waiting to see what VZ customers think of the iPhone on the new network.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't matter how much slower Verizon's network is or the fact that you can't browse/talk at the same time...this is a win for everyone. People that live in fringe AT&T areas can now get the phone through Verizon and maybe a pricing war will begin. I am sticking with AT&T as they work the best no matter where I travel and I travel a lot. It's going to be interesting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    It doesn't matter how much slower Verizon's network is or the fact that you can't browse/talk at the same time...this is a win for everyone. People that live in fringe AT&T areas can now get the phone through Verizon and maybe a pricing war will begin. I am sticking with AT&T as they work the best no matter where I travel and I travel a lot. It's going to be interesting.
    Totally Agree

My iPhone is a Part of Me Silverado87's Avatar
    Thanks

So pay more for less if it's true about the $50 extra lol

Thanks

2 is better than 1, but 4 is better than 2? So just release the iphone on all carriers!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsIg74 View Post
    2 is better than 1, but 4 is better than 2? So just release the iphone on all carriers!!!
    lol [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_wireless_communications_serv ice_providers[/ame]
    Last edited by moon#pie; 01-23-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Yeah why not?
    Cuz u never know... I mean it took forever for an iPhone to be able to even MMS so I wouldn't doubt VZ setting something where ya can only facetime w/ other Vz to take a shot at ATT.

It'll be cool when video calling works with all video calling phones. Not just iPhone to iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Titan3636 View Post
    Cuz u never know... I mean it took forever for an iPhone to be able to even MMS so I wouldn't doubt VZ setting something where ya can only facetime w/ other Vz to take a shot at ATT.

It'll be cool when video calling works with all video calling phones. Not just iPhone to iPhone.
    Apple controls that. Not Verizon. Apple doesn't become other companies *******.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Why would it matter considering you have to use WiFi on both? Network makes no difference.

Once the VZ iPhone is jailbroken and 3G Unrestrictor (may be up for a name change) is installed, who knows if it will work or not. Right now even with a good 3G signal facetime doesn't work well over 3G. Haven't tried Skype yet though.
    Yeah true. I have tried skype and it works well but it doesn't leave ya signed in so you have to call or txt someone first then tell them to get on skype than u can video call them. #fail

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Apple controls that. Not Verizon. Apple doesn't become other companies *******.
    Hahaha I'm sure VZ will have plenty to say. Apple isn't just calling the shots. VZ is as big if not bigger a company as apple in most respects.

Thanks

Hahaha I'm sure VZ will have plenty to say. Apple isn't just calling the shots. VZ is as big if not bigger a company as apple in most respects.
    Haha, not. Apple calls the shots. Did you see what the iPhone did to At&t? Yeah, Apple is the one calling the shots on what happens on everything except the wireless data side (3g, 2g, cdma, gsm, whatever). At&t and verizon will control what is allowed to go over their networks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Haha, not. Apple calls the shots. Did you see what the iPhone did to At&t? Yeah, Apple is the one calling the shots on what happens on everything except the wireless data side (3g, 2g, cdma, gsm, whatever). At&t and verizon will control what is allowed to go over their networks.
    FaceTime is data so that is what my concern is. Oh well guess time will tell.

Thanks

Not over wifi it isn't. That is all that it is allowed to do.

Thanks

Oh yeah forgot about wifi. I always use 3G

Thanks

haha, yeah. I don't think there will be facetime on your data plan until LTE is out.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I would think its better to wait for a universal option in iPhone 5

Thanks

For Shizzle

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I dont think you are familiar with how apple and/or steve jobs operates are you?......

Why do you think it took 3 1/2 years for a verizon iPhone? Because verizon wouldn't let apple basically have ultimate control like AT&T allowed....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    If two is better than one, how'd it take the 3 1/2 years to find out?
    I don't think it took that long.

I do believe Verizon was already planning to get iPhone when the iPhone 3G model came out (2008). However, with all the drama that happened at AT&T network during the launch, VZ wanted to make sure that their network can handle the 'stress'.

It costs millions of dollars for R&D to prepare a network and its structure; Verizon does not want to make the same mistake as AT&T did for the past 2 years for iPhone 3G & 3GS (drop calls, slow data, etc.). It's not as easy as flipping a burger.

Also, don't forget that AT&T was still in contract with Apple to carry iPhone exclusively in the US.