+ Reply
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chronic Dev Team Confirms Untethered 4.2.1 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Silverado87 So it's been months since a jailbreak and one guy decides to make a challenge to make a untethered jailbreak in 20 days and he does
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado87 View Post
    So it's been months since a jailbreak and one guy decides to make a challenge to make a untethered jailbreak in 20 days and he does it?!?! Then what have they been up too all this time?
    No kidding...it does make you think about it!

Thanks

just wait, jesus.. unappreciative people.
    you are getitng this **** for free.
    They have to fix a couple bugs and package it to make it idiot proof, so we wont have 1000 morons yelling up in here **my phone is stuck in recovery!!!!!!one!1 what do I do!!!**

3. The Following User Says Thank You to neonsector For This Useful Post:

mr117 (01-22-2011)

Thanks

What have they been doing? What have you been doing? Do they have jobs? Families? Lives? Maybe they are doing those things, and making free jailbreaks for a bunch of people they don't know comes after everything else. Or maybe you whining, entitled children think they should be locked in a room making free software for you to play with. It's a bit scary when I see posters like this. Did your parents give you everything you wanted because you were crying and demanding whatever shiny new thing you saw and desired, and you think the world should, too? Maybe, after you leave middle school, you will grow up. (Yes, I know that many of these posters are young "adults," but it unnerves me to think that they actually aren't sentient and empathetic enough to understand that others' needs may come before their desire for toys.)

Oh, and I totally agree with Neonsector, above, that if anything was "wrong" with the jailbreak, you'd be whining about how it messed up your phone and why wasn't it perfect before they released it. You are the same people who push the button when iTunes asks if you want to update your OS, and then post here freaking out about how, now, your phone is no longer jailbroken.

Sorry, but my curmudgeon button was certainly pushed by many of the people posting on this thread.

Oh, yeah, and when it the unlock gonna happen? GAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    Senior

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

djslash (01-23-2011), iPhoneThereforeIAm (01-23-2011), LanCo Rider (01-23-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    They have to put it in a pretty package with a bow and fix the bug where the WiFi icon disappears so thousands of uninformed people won't tweet "@P0sixninja ZOMG,,, WhY isN'T mY WiFI'ss,, WORkIng???!!"
    lmaoooo, so, so true

7. The Following User Says Thank You to keenpois0n For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (01-23-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    What have they been doing? What have you been doing? Do they have jobs? Families? Lives? Maybe they are doing those things, and making free jailbreaks for a bunch of people they don't know comes after everything else. Or maybe you whining, entitled children think they should be locked in a room making free software for you to play with. It's a bit scary when I see posters like this. Did your parents give you everything you wanted because you were crying and demanding whatever shiny new thing you saw and desired, and you think the world should, too? Maybe, after you leave middle school, you will grow up. (Yes, I know that many of these posters are young "adults," but it unnerves me to think that they actually aren't sentient and empathetic enough to understand that others' needs may come before their desire for toys.)

Oh, and I totally agree with Neonsector, above, that if anything was "wrong" with the jailbreak, you'd be whining about how it messed up your phone and why wasn't it perfect before they released it. You are the same people who push the button when iTunes asks if you want to update your OS, and then post here freaking out about how, now, your phone is no longer jailbroken.

Sorry, but my curmudgeon button was certainly pushed by many of the people posting on this thread.

Oh, yeah, and when it the unlock gonna happen? GAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    Thanx for this, that's exactly what I think EVERY TIME there's something new. Instead of being appreciative and thankful it's always whining!.
    People get a life! those guys DO probably have a life too!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djslash View Post
    Thanx for this, that's exactly what I think EVERY TIME there's something new. Instead of being appreciative and thankful it's always whining!.
    People get a life! those guys DO probably have a life too!

Having a life has nothing to do with it. When a person donates close to 200 bucks everytime a new jb comes out like me I expect to have a new one when the next firmware comes out. Idc who has a life. If you know what your doin in your spare time it should be done. Same thing with video games. I still work hard and when I come home **** on people so bad they tell me to get a life. Um I have a wife a daughter and a great job. Now to add I have a unjailbroken iPhone.
    Last edited by Simon; 01-23-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does jailbreaking slow your iPod down or make it run slower,lag.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPIFF View Post
    No nigga. Having a life has nothing to do with it. When a person donates close to 200 bucks everytime a new jb comes out like me I expect to have a new one when the next firmware comes out. Idc who has a life. If you know what your doin in your spare time it should be done. Same thing with video games. I still work hard and when I come home **** on people so bad they tell me to get a life. Um I have a wife a daughter and a great job. Now to add I have a unjailbroken iPhone.
    Lucky for u that you have 200 dollars to spend, not everybody does. I'm talking about all the ppl that DON't pay a thing and complain all the time.now THOSE should get a life OR try it themselves!.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think this is easily resolved. Simply stop all the tidbit announcements and hints at something coming.

Announce when you have a full product ready to go.

If you release information in small chucks along the way, then be prepared for folks posting impatient replys.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ZipZapp For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (01-23-2011)

Thanks

What if you took your hard-earned $210 and put it down on a item (car, suit, shoes, whatever) which has to be custom built. You're gonna have to wait for it to be completed. Waiting is part of the process. If you can't stand waiting for the custom item to be built, buy an off-the-rack item and have it that day.

Your donation does NOT entitle you to instant gratification, UNLESS you have a contract with someone telling you that your donation equals instant delivery upon release of a new firmware.

Do you have a contract or a signed statement from anyone who is making jailbreaking tools telling you that you get a new jailbreak as soon as a new firmware is released?

No, I didn't think so.

P.S. How about watching the language here? You aren't hanging out with your friends, this is a public forum. Thanks.
    Last edited by mr117; 01-23-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    Senior

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Omghchris View Post
    Does jailbreaking slow your iPod down or make it run slower,lag.
    If you install too many tweaks or theme it.

Thanks

Cool Duece Duece
    ...gotta say congrats to the dev-team...best news since obama...LOL.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Tweeted 5 minutes ago................

Thanks

Help me decide folks! I JB'd by old 3G on 4.1 mainly because the phone itself was slow, so I added some tweaks to it. BUT, the IP4 that I upgraded to now is fast and does everything that I want however - I do miss BITESMS!! Should I JB my phone whenever the 4.2.1. JB comes out so I can use BiteSMS again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wasn't this confirmed AGES AGO?
    they said they'd release it by the end of Christmas weekend, didn't they?
    they were beta testing for it, weren't they?
    4.2 has been out for ages hasn't it?
    the wi-fi logo doesn't show up, surely that's not good enough?
    instead of programming, all this time, they've just been having stupid sissy arguments on twitter like 8 year olds, whilst getting absolutely ****-all done, haven't they?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 12ian34 View Post
    instead of programming, all this time, they've just been having stupid sissy arguments on twitter like 8 year olds, whilst getting absolutely ****-all done, haven't they?
    Are you waiting for the jailbreak?
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks
    Thanked 15,181 Times in 6,970 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 12ian34 View Post
    That was the comex untethered jailbreak you are referring to that was supposed to be by xmas. This is a different one.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,181 Times in 6,970 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    OK OK I'm so confused ( Maybe not) the other story about JB is saying now we may not have this Untethered for 4.2 since its a solution for some people?

Can the JBer's agree please this is annoying, either the world gets a JB for 4.2 untethered or not, but to tease us is cruel.

Maybe Geohot will just release a JB for real and put this crap to an end.

MMI Thread
    That monte jailbreak has been out for awhile now in beta. I was able to untether my iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 weeks ago. That method uses a way for people to keep using 4.1 or 4.2b3 SHSH in order to be untethered on 4.2.1 and in theory for future firmwares as well. However that cannot help everybody as not everybody saved their 4.1/4.2b3 SHSH or didnt get their device in time to do so. That is where this greenpoison update comes in.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ej3ffrey View Post
    yup, i can make a tutorial if people are interested. unlock will only work if you have baseband 01.59.00 tho
    Can you make a tutorial I am a complete noob to Apple

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok. Packers win. Now we celebrate with the new JB software? :-P