Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chronic Dev Team Confirms Untethered 4.2.1 Jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by vraibeltronz View Post
    so i just downloaded the green poison for mac and tried to jailbreak, it supposedly does it and when the phone restarts there is no cydia app. any ideas?
    I think it is still the old greenpois0n. Look for an official notice on their Blog:
    Chronic Dev Blog

Kupe

ok found it it's the old one ^ ^

Seriously people, for the latest info on it:http://twitter.com/p0sixninja/it will also be on the front page of this site (probably a few hours after the twitter though).

Quote Originally Posted by Turnamental View Post
    I would personally keep it right there for the moment. Only go to 4.2.1 when UNtethered is released.

You would then need to upgrade to 4.2.1 using custom ipsw. Create a custom 4.2.1 ipsw via Pwnagetool and shift+restore to that only in iTunes.

Soon to come...
    Thanks for the response. Yea I will wait for the untethered to come out. So creating the custom firmware does not upgrade my BB? just wanna double check.

Yeah it doesn't upgrade it. Just upgraded a 3GS yesterday and kept the 5.11.07 baseband.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

devesstate (01-22-2011)

Looking forward to the release.
    If theres a PayPal link, then I'll definitely slip a few 's their way to show my appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by johnr9412 View Post
    My suggestion? Go to Cydia and download Pkgbackup. Sync your stuff with that. Sync phone with iTunes. Update to 4.2.1, restore as backup of previous phone, then jailbreak. First thing you do, go to Cydia and download PKGbackup again then sync and bam! You're back
    I totally understand the process as you describe it and it sounds simple. But I see others referring to having to use a custom 4.2.1 IPSW, etc. Two ways to do the same thing? Or not?

Thanks!

Kupe

HEY!! LISTEN ALL OF YOU!!! stuff and irrelevance and whatever. thanks reporter guy for this story cuz i literally just F'ed up my hot dang phone by updating to4.2 etc. so. thanks.

Shigh it's no ones fault you can't read

And the point of just teasing people with it is??

i didnt blame anyone. that was random

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p3eps View Post
    Looking forward to the release.
    If theres a PayPal link, then I'll definitely slip a few 's their way to show my appreciation.
    This is their donation link from their greenpois0n site

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FTJ3UDH2LP4HU
    If you like what I said....Hit thanks
    If you don't like what I said....Hit thanks anyways

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Waheyy, nice to know we've gotten a step further. Is the SHAtter exploit jailbreak now useless? I know it got leaked during that argument between MuscleNerd and p0sixninja but does that mean it will never be used?

Thanks

I'm personally waiting for George Hotz new jailbreak which I read about. It's an actual jailbreak which he will not be releasing at the same time as this. I've been a fan of both limera1n and blackra1n, so I can't wait for the next.

Quote Originally Posted by ej3ffrey View Post
    yup, i can make a tutorial if people are interested. unlock will only work if you have baseband 01.59.00 tho
    Dude - I have iPhone 4 with 4.0.2 and BB 01.59.00. I have SHSH blobs for 4.2b3 on Cydia and TU. If you have a way for me to update to 4.2.x AND still unlock AND be untethered, I would really appreciate you sharing how! Can you point me to a thread or a link or something? AFAIK this could not be done.

Thanks!

PS I have a Mac too

Geohot already jailbreaked IOS 4.3b1 hopefully he upload it soon

Love to know when MuscleNerd is going to tell the community just how bad that humble pie tastes. Glad to hear it's possible and surprised how quickly it came, but MuscleNerd really should make a public apology to every member of Chronic Dev. Multiple times.
    HK-Z on Game Center

Thanks
    Thanked 3,207 Times in 1,371 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by virus1225 View Post
    Geohot already jailbreaked IOS 4.3b1 hopefully he upload it soon
    @Musclenerd also confirmed JBMonte worked for 4.3b1 (when it was first released!) so GeoHots news isn't that big a deal....

Banned
    Thanks

When is this released for 4.2.1? Do you think there will be one soon for 4.3?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast