Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Geohot, Other Jailbreakers Turn Attention Toward Windows Phone 7

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The end is near...? Of iPhone JB's,,, HMMM? does W7 phone supports a micro sim card? Lol

There's not often updates on phones like that so it's going to work well but I think who cares all it is is a way to pirate windows apps

Quote Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post
    I personally will never go to a Windows phone. Regardless of them JB'ing it. Ill stick with my i4 and stay on 4.1
    I did, loving every second. The only, and I mean ONLY thing that I miss is Infinity Blade.

Zune kicks the CRAP out of iTunes. Not to mention wireless syncing while my phone is plugged in to a wall outlet in an entirely different room. Which isnt a feature I needed to void my warranty and pay someone 10 dollars for a feature that shouldve been there in the first place!

Copy and paste be damned, I lived without it for 2 years on iphone, I'll deal for a few months more.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPIFF View Post
    No. If I don't get a jailbreak by feb. Sony is going to be the least of geohotz problems >. How does he lead us to think he going to help with rubyra1n and then this Grrrr

Please somone save me why does apple not just let us jailbreak! Idc take away instalous just let me get bitesms so I can watch Netflix in peace
    Agreed. If there was a "Like" button, I would have pressed it. Come on Apple, I know some of your techs check JB-ing sites. Why not take our advice. The devs could work with Steve! I thought Steve was all about "software". JB-ing is software! The devs are good at it! Work with them Apple!

First people would actually have to buy this phone to jailbreak it.
    Seriously, had anyone actually bought this phone?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

who care?

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    who care?
    EXACTLY!!!!! I haven't seen /1/ person with it.....

Thanks

I like the iDevice..I'm not going to Switch too some other Device cause someone want's too toy with that. Didn't someone say Android was open-sourced too? OH..WAIT...it's not..lmao!!!
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    I don't know anyone who's bought this phone, nor have I seen it on campus anywhere. I don't think it exists!

I've only seen one person with a WP7 and that was a friend. Everyone else had an iPhone or Android, mostly iPhone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My wife has a jailbroken 3Gs. I gave her a new iP4, not jailbroken. Less than week later we were at ATT getting her a sim for the 3Gs.
    Why can't I take pictures using the volume buttons or change customize my SMS ring (just to mention a couple).
    A vanilla iphone opens the door for us to look else where.
    We'll follow functionality over appearance.

well that is very good news because I will buy a windows phone when the right one is out.

What's Jailbreak? Electrodaktylus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    There's not often updates on phones like that so it's going to work well but I think who cares all it is is a way to pirate windows apps
    You must be like 16 years old? Read a little about Windows Mobile and Windows CE, thats where all this thing started. Flashing ROMs, OS mods,UI Theming and yes cracking applications too...
    Last edited by Electrodaktylus; 01-22-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: sumzin else...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    ever heard of windows mobile? the one which started it all in 1990?

didn't think so.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cncrim View Post
    Window mobile is open source........ do a lot more without restriction like Apple.
    Huh?!?!?

A lot of people don't understand the definition of open source.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

i would have thought that the windows phone would be open source and no need for a jailbreak but apparently not
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    I like the iDevice..I'm not going to Switch too some other Device cause someone want's too toy with that. Didn't someone say Android was open-sourced too? OH..WAIT...it's not..lmao!!!
    Android is open source, anyone can take the code, modify and then sell it hence soo many Android phones from crap to awesome.

You can do anything you want with an Android. It doesn't require hacking for anything except loading custom roms.

Windows Phone 7 sucks, who would buy it.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 01-22-2011 at 02:59 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

I've personally got my hands on one from a co-worker. I work in a place where smart phones are in most every persons hands. It's nice getting to play with most every smart phone out there. I'll have to say I'm very impressed with WP7 it's still missing alot of things but it works and flows well. The touch response is snappy and all the bing features are great. It still lacks many features you can get with iOS and android but give them a year and they will be up to snuff with everyone else. Given that some jailbreakers are turn their attention to WP7 I think it wont be long till you can do most every thing you can on a iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Android is open source, anyone can take the code, modify and then sell it hence soo many Android phones from crap to awesome.

You can do anything you want with an Android. It doesn't require hacking for anything except loading custom roms.

Windows Phone 7 sucks, who would buy it.
    The smallish (about 30 people or so) firm that I work in is very excited about WP7. the integrated office apps are a huge draw for people that handle those applications daily. I opened and edited a prospectus while I was on the train riding to work the other day.

That in itself justified my purchase.

I know there are similar apps that can imitate this feature on iphone, but having it straight from MS is better than some 3rd party's half assed attempt at duplication.

Please open your mind beyond the realms of your own personal needs and acknowledge that there is a demographic, a very large one at that, that finds comfort in returning to a familiar territory in windows mobile.

Your post gives the impression of a person who hasn't even used one, and thus reeks of blind ignorance.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast