+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Releases iPhone 4 Teaser Commercial

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Verizon Releases iPhone 4 Teaser Commercial
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlN3BgsV1nc&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Verizon iPhone[/ame]

The iPhone may still be a few weeks away from being released on the Verizon network, but that hasnít stopped them from taking a page out of Appleís playbook. To hype the event, Verizon today released a teaser commercial that plays on the pent up demand for the iPhone. The ad implies that Verizon customers are counting down the seconds until the fabled iPhone is released on their network. Itís clear that Verizon expects a great deal of AT&T users to switch carriers and they may just be right.

The iPhone will finally be available to Verizon customers on February 10, 2011. AT&T, although optimistic about the prospect of loosing customers to Verizon, is sure to loose a substantial amount of subscribers come mid-February. AT&T has the lowest customer satisfaction rating in the US. A great many people may in fact wait until their AT&T contracts are up before switching networks. This should stem the tide of defectors to Verizon, but not for long. Over the next couple of years as peopleís contracts expire, it should be interesting to see how many iPhone users stay with AT&T.

Verizon, on the other hand, has the highest customer satisfaction in the industry. Given the voracious amount of bandwidth the average iPhone user consumes, I wonder if Verizon will be able to maintain the high level of service people have come to expect from them. Hopefully, Verizon will be able to deliver the one thing AT&T has had difficulty providing and that is the ability to actually use an iPhone as a phone.

Source: 9to5 Mac

Thanks

I doubt Verizon will be able to handle all those people using the iPhone; it will probably slow down the network and/or will have less bandwidth. I will be staying on AT&T because I prefer GSM over CDMA. I have never had any problems with AT&T whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice commercial I thought at,first they were makin fun of slow Att internet than I saw the end its tine for iphond

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Me either,,, I've been with at&T, for the past 2years,,, unlimted data + MyWi = endless possibilities..,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
    Me either,,, I've been with at&T, for the past 2years,,, unlimted data + MyWi = endless possibilities..,
    Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Time for iphone*

Thanks

I work all over the US and my work Verizon phone gets signal in more places than my AT&T so I'll switch just so I can use my iPhone as a phone and not just a gaming/iPod device. lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Uh..... I use my iP4 as a phone all the time......

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

No complaints with AT&T here. I'll be happy when ppl leave for Verizon, more for those of us who stay. I also would never want to be on CDMA, GSM is the best. Being able to switch phones at any time is useful

Cool commercial by the way..!
    Last edited by steve-z17; 01-21-2011 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So should we say good bye Andriod?? I mean that is verizon or was verizon competition against the iPhone. So what's going to happen when they get the iPhone... I think every one would much rather get an iPhone then an android... I mean every ones excuse was the provider. So I think android would be out when the iPhone is finally released...

Same goes for the rest of the companies like sprint or t-mobile if they ever did get the iPhone. Don't you think if they get the iPhone that would also kick the Sprint Evo and the T-mobile My Touch to the curve??

making iPhone the #1 smartphone...

I mean that's my opinion...
    Last edited by zeroskater61; 01-21-2011 at 04:25 AM.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as I'm aware..... All these new Verizon iPhone users will be missing out on one of the best features of all..... Talk + data..... Without this feature, it's just /another/ smartphone.

Thanks

GSM its a lifestyle. I'm able to switch to my Samsung captivate after work and during work hours use my 3gs as a work phone. It's lovely. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Verizon.

Thanks

Happy with AT&T since the original iPhone came out. Great coverage for me, GSM>CDMA specially for traveling. Unlimited data + tethering, voice+data, and AT&T's 3G > Verizon's 3G. Their 4G is not widespread enough at the moment to matter for most.

Thanks

I don't think as many will jump ship, especially if they have to sit on CDMA. I have been on AT&T for years and not had the horrible problems that the news seems to fixate on. I have never had a problem making or receiving calls.

AT&T will turn up it's LTE network this year and it will be a much easier transition for users anyway. Yeah, it will require new handsets to take advantage of the higher data speeds but that is the case will all carriers. (don't believe the hype by tmo and sprint- they are not using true 4g networks.)

Also, verizon's CDMA network is dog slow. Anyone switching from AT&T to it for a CDMA iPhone is just stupid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    I don't think as many will jump ship, especially if they have to sit on CDMA. I have been on AT&T for years and not had the horrible problems that the news seems to fixate on. I have never had a problem making or receiving calls.

AT&T will turn up it's LTE network this year and it will be a much easier transition for users anyway. Yeah, it will require new handsets to take advantage of the higher data speeds but that is the case will all carriers. (don't believe the hype by tmo and sprint- they are not using true 4g networks.)

Also, verizon's CDMA network is dog slow. Anyone switching from AT&T to it for a CDMA iPhone is just stupid.
    Well it's not stupid if you don't get coverage from AT&T in your area, or if it's only EDGE.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
    As far as I'm aware..... All these new Verizon iPhone users will be missing out on one of the best features of all..... Talk + data..... Without this feature, it's just /another/ smartphone.
    Actually it will be more. The Apps, keyboard, iTunes integration, ease of use, on and on make it more than just any other smartphone. I've been waiting for a long time. And I don't get all the big deal about talking and data at the same time; I understand what it is but I'll take everything else and the VZW network.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Depends on what the price is. I will have a limit. VZW can't raise it too excessive if they really want to draw AT&T customers successfully. But I wouldn't bet against it either. We'll have to see.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I agree w almost every1 here, CDMA is a dealbreaker - sticking w ATT

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm not a fan for AT&T in any way shape of form, nor do I like VZ, but the truth of the matter is that as good and great as CDMA voice quality is, it has its limitations. I travel all around the world and progressively CDMA is being phased out in some countries. No CDMA in Europe or South America which are some of the markets which I visit frequently.

I miss the soft tower handoff which CDMA offers, and I hate the hard handoff that GSM has, but I can deal with those as long as I have "connectivity" wherever I go.

Now on the data front; VZ's CDMA Rev. A implementation can do at most 1.4 at least that I've seen, while AT&T's implementation of UMTS/HSDPA I've seen speed of 3.5 megabits. I didn't download 20 gigs worth of data via my iphone by sitting around on a 1.4 Mb connection.

To make a long story short, I'd go to VZ only is 1. their iphone were to come in a CDMA/GSM & EvDo Rev. B + UMTS/HSDPA/HSDPA+/LTE otherwise it wouldn't be worth it for me. I need a world phone, not a local phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

everytime i add the source Index of /apt/ios in cydia i get a error.