Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Releases iPhone 4 Teaser Commercial

Android is far from falling off the map. It's gained enough momentum that Apple can't stop the wheels rolling any more. They waited too long and what's more is- We still have T-Mobile and Sprint.

You have to consider the amount of people who committed to Android devices on those carriers and AT&T/Verizon already.
    Plus you have Android devices on B1/G1 Free and Free after rebate and just plain free promotions. A lot of people don't want to invest the initial $200 into a phone.

Plus, Android devices are being rooted left and right and the only manufacturer that attempts to stop people from modifying them is Motorola. HTC, Samsung and other manufacturers don't. And Motorola is even regretting that stance and releasing apologies and making promises to unlock the currently locked bootloaders.

It's not as simple as "iPhone on Verizon, bye bye Android".

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Nice commercial! What I like best about it is he says "Thank You" then you see iPhone 4. I bet Verizon is thankful to be able to get the iPhone. However that was nice!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I just wish Apple would add a damn user replaceable battery already. Who wants to send their phone in and wait 2 weeks for a replacement? Most of the time these "replacement batteries" don't even hold as much charge as the original one. And what does Apple do? Swap your phone out for a refurbished one and give that to you... for 80 dollars....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

First I would like to say that I work for the largest Att retailer in the US. I will be the first to say thank God they are getting it. Nobody I work with cares, in fact we think it's funny Verizon is getting an 8 month old cursed device for sale finally. Considering the iphone 5 drops in June, Verizon customers will have to wait more than 2 years if they want a current device, lol. It will also free up our network. This device also pays us next to nothing for selling it. We sell other devices as well all day long. Needless to say I'm sure almost every person traveling in or out of the US will still stop in my store and not Verizon. No voice and data? Slower Internet speeds?Anybody who is tech savvy will not jump to Verizon unless they don't get reception with Att. So another words most of the non-tech savvy annoying people will go to Verizon, Lol Enjoy your device Verizon! You earned it! Soon Verizon employees and ex-Att customers will understand why we don't care lol!

I'm a proud iPhone 4 owner on AT&T. The only thing people trip me out saying on these post is that Verizon can't do talk and data at the same time. My uncle has the first droid and when I told him his phone couldn't to it he laughed at me and showed me when he was on a call that he can check his facebook messages make a post and surf the web. It's possible that's all I'm saying!

Quote Originally Posted by Dnice1987 View Post
    I'm a proud iPhone 4 owner on AT&T. The only thing people trip me out saying on these post is that Verizon can't do talk and data at the same time. My uncle has the first droid and when I told him his phone couldn't to it he laughed at me and showed me when he was on a call that he can check his facebook messages make a post and surf the web. It's possible that's all I'm saying!
    was he on wifi?

was he on wifi?

Not that I know of. From what he told me that's the reason he fell in love with the droid 1. He said anywhere he went he was able to do it. His wife even vouched for him. I argued the fact he couldn't do it and he shut me up big time lol

Just think of how slow that CDMA is gonna feel when ATT finally gets 4G up and running. By then Verizon may have a 3G network LMAO
    No signature spam or links

everyone for the most part has nothing but bad to say about AT&T, but for me, I've not had a single problem with AT&T in over 7 years, absolutely flawless service and customer service as well , it's been a great experience over those 7+ years and have not a single bad thing to say about them, I think it depends alot on your location as far as actual cellular service goes, other than that I can't find any other explanations...regardless though I've had no problems whatsoever with AT&T, plenty satisfied here, always mind-blown when I hear all the negative about AT&T, lol feel sorry for everyone else though

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm from berkeley california and my iphone 3gs rarely had good service here. now with an iphone 4 same issue. never had that problem with verizon but will wait to get on the verizon network till the have a new iphone.

I had sprint for 4 years before at&t and I can honestly say I've never been happier. Although I do occasionally drop calls with att it is a rare occurrence in comparison to sprint. Verizon overall has better coverage than both sprint and att but I'm in no hurry to switch to verizon. I hate hearing everyone complain about att's crappy service cause it really isn't bad at all.

Sprint had barely decent customer service and honestly I wouldn't have needed to speak to them at all if my bill was ever within 20 dollars of what it was supposed to be. My att bill has been within 6 dollars of the original bill for the 2 years I've had them, not to mention my payment got lost in the mail one month and they called me to let me know I had missed a payment and extended my deadline as a courtesy. And it was a person, not some automated BS. so I have to say yes verizon has slightly better coverage, but I think att is nothing to complain about
    iPhone 3gs 16gb
    JB via Spirit 3.1.3
    iPhone 4... get in my pocket!

Thanks
    I remember there being a law passed that made it illegal for cell phone companies to charge the early termination fee.

Google Early termination fee illegal

Granted its back in 2008, but it still applies...

Just an example:
    AT&T Settles Suit Over Early Termination Fees - Lawyers.com

I know of this because a friend of mine was trying to change providers from Either sprint or T-Mobil to AT&T for the iPhone. She was slapped with an early termination fee only to kindly inform the person on the other line that its illegal to charge the $480 that they wanted...
    She was released of the charges after they did a little bit of research and her threatening that she can and will get a class action lawsuit against them.

SO, my idea is that if there are a lot of disgruntled AT&T customers who are stuck in a 2 year contract and want to change over to Verizon, start a thread somewhere and make your voice heard. With the right legal representation and so on, your switch to the Verizon iPhone might be easier and cheaper than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by artbran View Post
    I remember there being a law passed that made it illegal for cell phone companies to charge the early termination fee.

Google Early termination fee illegal

Granted its back in 2008, but it still applies...

Just an example:
    AT&T Settles Suit Over Early Termination Fees - Lawyers.com

I know of this because a friend of mine was trying to change providers from Either sprint or T-Mobil to AT&T for the iPhone. She was slapped with an early termination fee only to kindly inform the person on the other line that its illegal to charge the $480 that they wanted...
    She was released of the charges after they did a little bit of research and her threatening that she can and will get a class action lawsuit against them.

SO, my idea is that if there are a lot of disgruntled AT&T customers who are stuck in a 2 year contract and want to change over to Verizon, start a thread somewhere and make your voice heard. With the right legal representation and so on, your switch to the Verizon iPhone might be easier and cheaper than you think.

How is it illegal though? You sign a contract. You agree to a 2 year contract. Just like when you lease a home/apartment, you break the contract you lose the deposit, etc..

Thanks
    I didn't read the details of it.
    I guess its something state to state, however in cali and nj they got deposits back so I have a feeling this can be made statewide...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Verizon has a larger network but Att has a stronger network which includes faster Internet speed with comparable coverage. Sim card Versatility with phones is also a Att advantage. Any world gsm unlocked phone works with Att, also any branded Att phone as well. Verizon has a way to permanently disable a phone you purchased through them. Att customer service is constantly giving courtesy credits for overage and other nonsense. Verizon is tough to get credits from. Also my mother has Verizon and just informed me 2 year free upgrades are gone. Att can upgrade after 6 months (on a exception) main line on family plan 14 months and 18 months everyone els. I have free phones in stock. It's bad enough we have had to deal with Apples controlling ways with Att but now that Verizon and Apple are working together you get 2 controlling companies.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

ive been on att for years and have never had problems with them. but im in an area that gets good coverage, i only dont get coverage in the mountains when i go snowboarding buts that understandable
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12