+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: XBMC on Your Apple TV 2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Well I can't do anything now because when I go to sections the only option is all packages and when I click that it goes to a blank page. And
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well I can't do anything now because when I go to sections the only option is all packages and when I click that it goes to a blank page. And I font have the edit button in the top anymore.

And search doesn't work either.

Thanks

Your sources must've all disappeared!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lol they really have

Thanks

All my sources are gone after installing this xbmc any help on this issue thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The only thing missing from the ATV2 is Hulu+ then I can get rid of my extra PS3 that I use for media streaming.
    Poseidon:

In case you haven't heard yet, Hulu IS available on the ATV, and so is Hulu Plus. I started a thread with instructions over here:

Hulu & Hulu+ now work on the ATV2!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i have a dumb question for you....once i have xbmc installed on my appletv 2, how can i get everything to stream through it without having to install a upnp on my mac running in the background all the time?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Trying to decide if atv2 is right for me
    It might be silly but I was thinking of going with either boxee or apv2. The prob with atv2 is lack of codec support and 1080p. I'm assuming the hack with xmbc gets rid of it.

Also I have few iPads and iPhones and android devices at home so could I control the atv2 with that instead of using atv2 remote?

My setup will includes a dedicated media server with 16TB space and about 10 atv2s at home.

Would the iOS/android devices be able to work with all the atv2s?

Also I'm use to downloading tv shows and movies and music via torrents and watching on my laptop but never cared for meta data, but now if I start using media players meta data becomes important, so does the meta data come with the torrent or i will have to be choosy in what I download?

Also since I will have my iPads on the network too, is there a xmbc client that resides on the iPad where I can see all my content as I can on my tv besides being able to use it as a remote?

Since I'm asking so much, just thought will ask here, what networked music players I could use with the setup I'm planning on going with.

I wanted to do everything off the shelf and not some super expensive custom setup, so have been doing a lot of reading before I buy all my equipment.

Thanks

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123