Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook Disses Android, Windows Tablets

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    LOL
    No I'm in the Medical field and need it to view instructional videos at times for procedures and CME's

Some functions work well on Iphone and Ipad, others suck. Its not the fastest computer.
    Totally on board with you... Sometimes, I needs the flash, and I'm not offered an alternative. Not to mention my ICU (Virtua Health) runs computers with IE6 and their bloated SuperScout proxy stuff. IE6, man!

Thanks

I think it is...but i'm fine with that :] Waiting for the 2G iPad woohoo!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
    12 months*

Apple doesn't release update products within 12 months, not our fault if you buy a apple product 6 months into production.

In fact, android and motorola introduce MANY MANY different models, within only 2-3 months of each other. Trying to have the best android product all year is far more expensive then owning the best apple product all year.
    +1

That picture is the worst/ugliest thing I've seen. Please don't ever do that again lol. But Tim is correct, the iPad is still leading the tablet market, even after all these other tabs have come out.

I'm sorry, I couldn't take this article seriously with a pic like that
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

funny that the COO states that the android table is "a scaled-up smartphone". but doesn't he realize that the iPad is a scaled-up iPod touch??

Quote Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
    So when someone wants Flash, you reduce it to them wanting a full experience of Farmville?

I use Flash a lot when I'm browsing. Not a problem on a Droid.

I don't care about all the loyalties. I'll never buy an iPad but I definitely love having an iPhone (Once we get past all this tethered business).
    I honestly hope when Flash comes out on the i devices, they include an option to turn it off. Iv tried viewing the "rich flash content" on the android devices, and frankly the experience is "painfully bearable" at best. Not only do many many pages take loads longer to load (usually just so I can view 7 obnoxious banners advertising free ring tones, local singles, or some other such nonsense) but any remotely "valuable" flash content runs like absolute crap. Unless its been optimized for mobile browsing, it just cant be handled, and it lags, stutters, and usually crashes. Personally Id rather not have it because the only thing I would really use flash for would be youtube... which has its own app on every smart phone ever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Cook needs to make more Apple pies

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

It's so funny how Apple exec's can be so out of touch, the reason Tablets are in use in business is because sometimes they need a REAL COMPUTER to do some functions that the IPAD cannot.

Plus using the Keyboard is superior to the virtual keyboard of Iphone and Ipad, tablets have them too and people complain about them.

What about Flash?
    If someone needs a real computer than they shouldn't be looking into an iPad, I even think that they need to stop calling it a tablet computer because it's no where near a computer. For those saying they should put Mac oxs on it, do you really think that thy can do that and keep the battery length the same, or even have the storage space the same, and the cost for that would be tremendous.

If flash is really that important your Better off just buying a net book or Mac air, you'll have a full computer that does take up that much more space than a tablet and you'll have the keyboard

Which the virtual keyboard is one of the best ideas, I love typing on the iPad and iPhone, it has the ability to have endless amounts of button layouts and keys and it saves space and worry about keys breaks or falling out etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    So a 1ghz cpu out runs a 600mhz cpu, I wonder how that is possible. Comparing the current gen. iPod the only difference in the iPad is bigger screen.
    I'm not big on how CPU's are better than others but isn't a ghz larger than a mhz. Please explain I would like to know

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    funny that the COO states that the android table is "a scaled-up smartphone". but doesn't he realize that the iPad is a scaled-up iPod touch??
    Visually it is but have you not played around with a full iPad app. You obvious haven't. Even the twitter app on the iPad is so much better and easier to use, some apps are easier to use than going onto a computer
    Last edited by EskimoRuler; 01-19-2011 at 09:53 PM.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Regardless, if Cook wants to acknowledge the competition is quickly gaining on Apple or not.... Truth is, we as customers will benefit from other companies trying to /one up/ each other. So I'm down for every company/person in the world to try to out-do the iPad..... It will make a better product in the long run.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GellBrake'rrrr For This Useful Post:

Gustavo Saliola (01-21-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Ipad is listed as a tablet computer but I agree with you
    these devices are not computers as far as modern computers, they are more Computing devices.

Look the Ipad and the Androids have a purpose and are decent Ideas for some, for me the Iphone is close enough, fits in my pocket and I have a new Dell ultra portable with a ULV CPU and 2gb ram 250hd and HD 11.6inch screen. Its a computer. If I had the money and wanted to, I would have a Mac Air.................
    Idk why all you guys are saying it's not a computer. Here's the definition of computer for those of you who don't know.

Computer: An electronic device designed to accept data, perform prescribed mathematical and logical operations at high speed, and display the results of these operations.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SwatPac For This Useful Post:

Gustavo Saliola (01-21-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    Idk why all you guys are saying it's not a computer. Here's the definition of computer for those of you who don't know.

Computer: An electronic device designed to accept data, perform prescribed mathematical and logical operations at high speed, and display the results of these operations.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Tim Cook needs to be careful. He's treading on thin ice with company policy. Apple employees are not permitted to say anything that could be construed as negative about the competition. Typical reprimand includes termination.

Jobs is probably pissed.

What about Flash?
    Good question... What about flash /sarcasm

Flash is **** and useless IMHO

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slickric View Post
    Good question... What about flash /sarcasm

Flash is **** and useless IMHO
    **** yes, useless, no.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Cook should play it a bit cooler.
    Far better to have damned with faint praise than go straight for the jugular.
    Jobs maintained Apple's air of unassailability by remaining above the fight, which said "I'll let the product do the talking".
    Put the gloves back on, Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
    WTF! Great work Man, please, do the whole campaign adding other villains like Vader etc.

Now on topic...
    Besides the obvious irony "You are the 2nd. on command, choose words wisely", Mr. Cook (El Señor Cocinero) expressed something true: (Like it or not) Apple is far ahead in almost all the moves it took/takes.
    I prefer and choose buy that toys/tools knowing that in a life span of a year, comes a new one. And the choices are clear: A bunch of towers to custom build (Mac Pro), a bunch of laptops, some (Legendary invention) ipods, 2 cellphones (Another legendary one), and so on. Why? Cos they are so good and improved every year that is not necessary have (Cof, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, you name it) zillions of models, making a pile of unecological dump to fill 512 Museums of Tech.

Note: No, i'm not a freaken kid or a Nu Apple Fan boy in the block, just a 37 y.o. Happy Graphic & Motion Designer who chooses Mac since 1994. And by the way, love the iPad, but got no one. Just dont need it still.

Gus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Saliola View Post
    WTF! Great work Man, please, do the whole campaign adding other villains like Vader etc.

Now on topic...
    Besides the obvious irony "You are the 2nd. on command, choose words wisely", Mr. Cook (El Señor Cocinero) expressed something true: (Like it or not) Apple is far ahead in almost all the moves it took/takes.
    I prefer and choose buy that toys/tools knowing that in a life span of a year, comes a new one. And the choices are clear: A bunch of towers to custom build (Mac Pro), a bunch of laptops, some (Legendary invention) ipods, 2 cellphones (Another legendary one), and so on. Why? Cos they are so good and improved every year that is not necessary have (Cof, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, you name it) zillions of models, making a pile of unecological dump to fill 512 Museums of Tech.

Note: No, i'm not a freaken kid or a Nu Apple Fan boy in the block, just a 37 y.o. Happy Graphic & Motion Designer who chooses Mac since 1994. And by the way, love the iPad, but got no one. Just dont need it still.

Gus.
    Of course you're happy, you're a graphic & motion designer. Apple is practically the only road for you to take. If I were in graphics and motion, I'd be glued to the hips of an Apple device.

Apple is one step ahead? Maybe when it comes to phones and mp3 devices, but they have a LONG way to go with personal computers.

"Apple > PC" is nothing more than an opinion that NO fiscal coverage reflects.

His whole rant is kind of misleading to be honest. It's like saying "I think this Apple is a better tasting Apple than that stupid Orange over there."

@Essenar
    Agree with you in terms of the Mac, even when is my weapon of choice, somethings should be better/more focused. I just stick to the concept of Mr. Cook revealing the obvious: Less variety of products than others but more refined, in form and function. And the fact of be ahead on the iPad, bringing a great device and letting the software evolution (Crippled sometimes by Apple and its annoying policies) do the rest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12